Oky

MOC Podracer Microfighters

POLL  

1. 1. Which one do you like better?

• Anakin's
    • Sebulba's
    • Both

Hi Everyone! This is my entry for the Micro/Midis Contest on FBTB.

34854981535_e77043fa3e_z.jpg

I chose to make Anakin and Sebulba's podracers because, well, I just love podracers. :grin:

34691751002_96422bbb70_z.jpg

Actually, I'm only entering Sebulba's Podracer since you can only enter one Microfighter and it's the more detailed one of the two. It is made out of 109 parts (not counting the stand) which is the same amount of parts as the Microfighters U-Wing has.

34723257071_6b880b4d1a_z.jpg

The side pods of the cockpit double as flick-fire missiles and can be aimed up and down.

34854980785_5605a6e9ae_z.jpg

And because you can't have Sebulba without Anakin, I built a microfighter of Anakin's Podracer to go along with it.

34723258211_77c99bc559_z.jpg

34854980035_42a559084c_z.jpg

Which one do you think turned out better? Cast your vote in the poll above. Let the race begin!

Great looking pods.

I like how you managed to keep Anakin's one looking round and organic despite the small size. And is that Windu's lightsaber blade doubling up as the energy beam between the engines?

I'm in love with both of these designs!  You really nailed the look of both racers and with so few parts!  Very impressive!  I'll vote when I'm done writing, but I have to say that I like Anakin's more, as I really appreciate how well you captured the subtleties of the vehicle using a few simple techniques.

If I were to make one suggestion, it would be to make the wing-like parts of Sebulba's racer larger or just thicker.  Microfighters tend to have exaggerated, "chubby" features, and I feel like Sebulba's is 90% there.  Compared to the rest of the engines, the split-x intakes look a bit undersized.   As a whole though, both models look fantastic and capture the essence of the racers perfectly!  Well done!

JB

1 hour ago, Funky Koval said:

Great looking pods.

I like how you managed to keep Anakin's one looking round and organic despite the small size. And is that Windu's lightsaber blade doubling up as the energy beam between the engines?

Thanks! Keeping Anakin's looking round was indeed a challenge. And no, that's the trans-pink bar that was also used in the latest mini podracers.

1 hour ago, The Cartographer said:

I'm in love with both of these designs!  You really nailed the look of both racers and with so few parts!  Very impressive!  I'll vote when I'm done writing, but I have to say that I like Anakin's more, as I really appreciate how well you captured the subtleties of the vehicle using a few simple techniques.

If I were to make one suggestion, it would be to make the wing-like parts of Sebulba's racer larger or just thicker.  Microfighters tend to have exaggerated, "chubby" features, and I feel like Sebulba's is 90% there.  Compared to the rest of the engines, the split-x intakes look a bit undersized.   As a whole though, both models look fantastic and capture the essence of the racers perfectly!  Well done!

JB

Thank you JB, I appreciate your criticism. I did take the chibi style of the microfighters into account when I built Sebulba's engine's, but the way chibi designs usually work is that the body is big and round while any appendages such as wings are usually small. Take a look at the TIE Striker or the bumblebee below for example. However that rule might not apply in this case and I may have exaggerated the wrong feature. I like it the way it is, though, and it's too late to change it for the contest anyway.

75161-1.jpg?201612020919425c1df31f4cb5d1855b1477ea4340d2-d44lbet

Hello!

Your pods are awesome, fantastic job at this scale; I especially like Anakin's pod the engines are neat!

Really nice mcrofighters, like both of them.

Edited by G59