VaderFan2187

Post your LEGO MCU Vulture Wings MODs here!

Hi Guys!

Here is where you can post your MODs of the LEGO Marvel Vulture!

Here is the "original":

skWBPlW.png

I used ingot pieces in black for the texture instead. What do you think?

jKWXfpj.png

6xsgOm7.png

Thanks for looking! :) C&C very welcome!

Edited by VaderFan2187

I don't plan on getting him, but I can say that the first mod I would make is swapping the wingtip pieces with these and these.

At least the upper ones. Maybe for the lower ones swap out the blades for some smaller spikes/teeth.

May make the wings even bigger, and most think they're already too big, but the blocky wingtips bother me more than that.

I'm actually pretty okay with the Nexo Knight shields myself.  It gave the pack a kind of Metal Gear Solid 4 vibe that I was really digging.

I don't envy the guy who had to design the flight pack for this set.  The challenge was already bad enough keeping the thing somewhat close to minfig scale, but the thruster's complicated design and articulation creates a problem that forces you to chose between making the whole thing completely static, or compromising the overall look to give it articulation.  I'm not completely satisfied with how mine came out, but I don't think there's much more that can be done and still be poseable and in-scale with the rest of the line.

What I would try is actually reversing the wings; at least to me, the details on the "ventral" side in the movies look more like anti-studs and other bottoms of parts more than smooth tiles.

I haven't tried anything myself, though, because I don't have the set.  Are the instructions available on service.lego.com yet?

1 hour ago, CapnDash said:

I'm actually pretty okay with the Nexo Knight shields myself.  It gave the pack a kind of Metal Gear Solid 4 vibe that I was really digging.

I don't envy the guy who had to design the flight pack for this set.  The challenge was already bad enough keeping the thing somewhat close to minfig scale, but the thruster's complicated design and articulation creates a problem that forces you to chose between making the whole thing completely static, or compromising the overall look to give it articulation.  I'm not completely satisfied with how mine came out, but I don't think there's much more that can be done and still be poseable and in-scale with the rest of the line.

Same here, I liked the usage of the Nexo shields, but perhaps someone could redo them in Black or Dark Bluish Grey?

5 hours ago, N_Cat said:

What I would try is actually reversing the wings; at least to me, the details on the "ventral" side in the movies look more like anti-studs and other bottoms of parts more than smooth tiles.

I haven't tried anything myself, though, because I don't have the set.  Are the instructions available on service.lego.com yet?

PM me your email and I can send the LDD to you.

12 hours ago, Davids19-Flickr said:

Here are the wings I made for my custom Vulture, 

That's Shocker beside him too.

Cool MOC, this is what I want to see, others take for Vulture's wings. I'll be creating my own once I got the set.