Most of us builders tend to build moc's in certain stapled themes we are accustomed to.
And every now and then we lurk at moc's from themes we would just never build in ourselves.

I usually build space/town myself, but tend to snoop over and peak at the Pirates theme... being amazed by the beautifull beaches, rockformations, ships etc. :pir_laugh2:

Please share your confessions; do you secretly admire a theme which you actually never build in yourself?

Edited by -zenn

Absolutely.

It's almost 100% space over here, but I've got a growing collection of reference pics and a pile of gray bricks...  I want to build a castle, some huge towering thing surrounded by greenery that's slowly creeping up the walls.

If it ever happens it'll get converted into a Classic Space base five seconds later.

I'm a scene builder for the most part, but I'd like to give spaceships, speeders, hoverbikes, and other sci-fi vehicles out sometime.

Absolutely! SciFi, town, monorails, and trains are my thing. But I greatly admire and envy the skill and techniques that castle fans and pirate fans use in their MOC's!

I tend to stick with CCBS/Technic to build things for Bionicle, Hero Factory etc- but this is only because that's what I have amassed parts for. Eventually I will get around to building up a collection of enough system parts to take part in MOCing system themes- castle, city and Sci-Fi are all themes I have a strong interest in and would really like to work on some builds for that. I guess at some point I could kick off with some digital builds, but I'm really just not a fan of building digitally.

In terms of something I lurk on but don't build with, that would have to go to the actual full-on Technic builds that you'll find in the Technic forum. While I enjoy learning about the systems that make vehicles have functionality (and have implemented this into action figure MOCs to a degree), I just can't build anything with a shape that resembles something natural with Technic components nor do I have the parts for it. For now, I'll stick to admiring.:laugh:

Mainly a Castle builder, but Sci-fi, Pirates, and even Town all are themes I really enjoy seeing well built models in :classic: