43 minutes ago, Paknaloid said:

why buy the exact number of parts you need?  Safer to double every order, just in case *huh* they all get used eventually...

Yes, I do that a bit - mainly to save on postage!

I sometimes double my sets too - when I can get them cheap that is :laugh:

I leave teeth marks in most everything I build :cry_sad:. Keep it to yourself though.

Edited by grum64
Spelling correction

don't see anything wrong with that grum. A little context goes a long way :wink:

10 hours ago, Paknaloid said:

I wish I had the money to double up on sets! 42043 and 42054 would be first and second on my list

Well I haven't even got those sets - yet!

58 minutes ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

I have only committed one "sin"

I usually cut down my ribbed hoses to the right length - and regret my decision later.

I heard from a LEGO employee that cutting hoses isn't considered wrong as even in the model shop they do it all the time.

A recent project needed rollover hoops. Ideally I'd have used pneumatic hoses but as they needed to be chome I couldn't so I had my Uncle make me a pair of steel ones which I had chromed.

IMG_2659.JPG

I have bought 3D printed clamshell buckets for a MOC. I have spraypainted pneumatic cylinders to match a white crane. I,'ve cut a 24t crowngear. Have cut several axles in my time. Glued parts together. Used custom stickers. Have cut multiple diverent parts.

10 hours ago, Dafgek81 said:

I have bought 3D printed clamshell buckets for a MOC. I have spraypainted pneumatic cylinders to match a white crane. I,'ve cut a 24t crowngear. Have cut several axles in my time. Glued parts together. Used custom stickers. Have cut multiple diverent parts.

Out of those, gluing and spray-painting are the worst.

My display models are now all scattered in parts all across the LEGO room, which is a good thing, I guess, as my kids can build MOCS, but I can't as I need to be organized.  Consequently my AROCS is still in box not built, to protect it *huh*

3 hours ago, JGW3000 said:

My display models are now all scattered in parts

Same with mine, I take a piece here, and one there, and soon it's destroyed a bit because I'll take something form deep inside a set. I use pieces from them in my MOCs. I have to go and rebuild them once in a while. 

3 hours ago, JGW3000 said:

My display models are now all scattered in parts all across the LEGO room, which is a good thing, I guess, as my kids can build MOCS, but I can't as I need to be organized.  Consequently my AROCS is still in box not built, to protect it *huh*

28 minutes ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

Same with mine, I take a piece here, and one there, and soon it's destroyed a bit because I'll take something form deep inside a set. I use pieces from them in my MOCs. I have to go and rebuild them once in a while. 

I have to confess, I steel parts from my kids too. I once removed the small bevel gears from the diff of my son's 42037, because I needed them. Sadly enough he found out the pistons no longer moved and made me fix it right away. :blush:

Just now, Didumos69 said:

I have to confess, I steel parts from my kids too. I once removed the small bevel gears from the diff of my son's 42037, because I needed them. Sadly enough he found out the pistons no longer moved and made me fix it right away. :blush:

Ha, gotcha! That happens for me. I wanted a pin with pin hole and 3l with 1l axle from the 42039, so I stole them, but soon I needed more, and it became extra moc parts.

8 hours ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

My sets have all had that same fate... even my favorite sets (that I want to keep built) eventually fall into pieces :tongue:.     

7 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

he found out the pistons no longer moved and made me fix it right away. :blush:

:laugh:

11 hours ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

Yes, definitely! I recently rebuilt my disintegrating MODed 42006, after several parts had been 'stolen' over the past few months... only stealing from myself though...
As I only have one set of power functions, whenever I want to build a new MOC with the parts, I have to downgrade the previous one to a manually-controllable model. 

12 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

That's a true atrocity. You should never ever take the parts of someone else. And espacially not from your own children. :laugh: Thank goodness my son is still in duplo age.

I see that parts gluing is a one of the worst sins, so let me repent a bit.

1. In a moment of weakness of spirit, I gave up and glued a pair of 1x1 transparent round plates (4073) with 2x2 Boat Studs (2654). TLG used them together several times for LED-ready headligths, but unfortunately this connection is very weak and 2654 always falling apart once the vehicle flips over, so I decided to reinforce the connection.
    4073.t1.png2654.t1.png
  2. Another great sin is painting. I did it as well since faced a crying attrition on 41999 rims  :sceptic:  Hopefully 6x6 dishes with some rubber cover are great templates for spray paint. 
Edited by Void_S
Added the images

32 minutes ago, Void_S said:

I see that parts gluing is a one of the worst sins, so let me repent a bit.

1. In a moment of weakness of spirit, I gave up and glued a pair of 1x1 transparent round plates (4073) with 2x2 Boat Studs (2654). TLG used them together several times for LED-ready headligths, but unfortunately this connection is very weak and 2654 always falling apart once the vehicle flips over, so I decided to reinforce the connection.
    4073.t1.png2654.t1.png
  2. Another great sin is painting. I did it as well since faced a crying attrition on 41999 rims  :sceptic:  Hopefully 6x6 dishes with some rubber cover are great templates for spray paint. 

These are indeed great sins!

I just recalled I did this to secure a pin properly. I never applied it in any MOC though :blush:.

960x540.jpg960x540.jpg

Only thing I can think that I feel guilty about (at present but I'm sure more will come back to me) is purchasing a replacement pneumatic hose from ebay to build some of the older Technic sets I have in box, and it was all for the sake of saving a tiny amount on the price. And with all that effort the pipe i got was much stiffer then the original LEGO piping.

6 minutes ago, adam_ said:

Only thing I can think that I feel guilty about (at present but I'm sure more will come back to me) is purchasing a replacement pneumatic hose from ebay to build some of the older Technic sets I have in box, and it was all for the sake of saving a tiny amount on the price. And with all that effort the pipe i got was much stiffer then the original LEGO piping.

Did you get non-Lego tubing? - because the really old Lego tubing is also very stiff.

And welcome to Eurobricks! 

3 minutes ago, mocbuild101 said:

Did you get non-Lego tubing? - because the really old Lego tubing is also very stiff.

And welcome to Eurobricks! 

Yes, it was non-lego tubing and it was much stiffer the the old LEGO tubing, it was borderline plastic tubing and not rubber.

food grade silicon hose is the stuff to get.

i've got a pile of 2.5L axles and some modded steering parts thanks to RosscoPC's formula 1 cars.