Capparezza

Lego Porsche - Crash Test

Hey there! Some guys on the German IT and electronics newspage Heise.de thought it would be fun to conduct a real-life crash test with the Lego Porsche GT3. I've missed the competition that came with it (the lucky winner got a new GT3 set), but the video from that crash test is now up on their page and on YouTube. It's hitting a block with 46 km/h :look: Don't watch if you are afraid of hurt LEGO-parts...

https://www.youtube.com/embed/dCPWPj4JHqg

https://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/Lego-Porsche-im-ADAC-Testzentrum-Das-spektakulaere-Crash-Video-3719981.html

Edited by Capparezza

Whoa! That is wicked!!! But the Blue Danube playing in the background makes it very entertaining to watch and ads a nice touch.

Erm... someone already posted this over in Technic...

...so I'm not entirely sure this thread is necessary.

But anyway, the thing I find most annoying about this is the parts falling down the groove in the floor! Didn't they think too cover it up? You can see some lying underneath near the end, looking lost...

9 hours ago, ColletArrow said:

Erm... someone already posted this over in Technic...

...so I'm not entirely sure this thread is necessary.

But anyway, the thing I find most annoying about this is the parts falling down the groove in the floor! Didn't they think too cover it up? You can see some lying underneath near the end, looking lost...

Well, to be fair I posted this 1 hour earlier :wink: So by that time there was no thread over at Technic...

I don't know what the purpose behind all this was, but in terms of marketing it is an interesting method to get media attention for LEGO, Porsche and c't magazine. And yeah, I can't afford one either. But however horrible it is to watch, I can't help but watch it anyway.

1 hour ago, Capparezza said:

Well, to be fair I posted this 1 hour earlier :wink:

Oops! Sorry!

Well, it certainly got our attention, but I haven't seen it anywhere outside of EB. If it was marketing somehow, I would have expected to see it on social media by now.

As c't is a German-only magazine, I suspect it may be targeted to German speaking audiences. But I bet it will find it's way to social media in time, anyhow.

BTW: Can someone explain to me how to embed that youtube video? Have tried several methods, didn't work :sceptic:

Edited by Capparezza

That is just brutal. I'd never do it, but it looks awesome. Glad I got to see the gif, as something is really wrong with youtube at the moment. At least for me   :classic: