AmperZand

What weapons and accessories don't exist - but should?

This thread got me thinking about what minifigure weapons and accessories don't exist, but really should. I don't mean re-colours of existing parts. I mean objects that aren't currently made for minifigures either by LEGO or a third party (BrickWarriors, BrickForge, SI-DAN, Kre-O etc) but would be particularly useful.

What weapons/accessories would you like to have?

For the purposes of this thread, let's imagine that 3D printing isn't an option and we have to rely on LEGO and injection moulding third parties .    

I, for one, would love to have a swept-hilt rapier (the Lego and Brick Forge ones are cup hilt), and a maingauche dagger to go with it. Also, some surgical tools would be cool, I'm talking scalpels, pliers, bonesaws, etc. 

@Eggyslav

I don't think BrickForge do or have done a rapier. Do you mean BrickArms? They do one. It's cup hilt though.

BrickArms definitely do a scalpel. LEGO, BrickArms and BrickWarriors all do syringes, not a surgical tool per se but something commonly found in a surgical theatre. 

Edited by AmperZand

I would like a fletching piece (the back of an arrow) to turn a spear into a very big arrow.

Edited by Wardancer

Fo course, it is probably too big in diameter for what you want, but there is this ...

4588.png

Thanks for the idea, this would work for a really big spear.

I also feel there is a lack of horse accessories, especially since we got the new horse type:

- different types of horse helmets with different accessories likes horns, feathers, wings etc.

- different bardings and horse armors, maybe some modular system

I believe customziers don't want to make these because of the high production cost 

Printed watermelon slices already exist ...

25269pb002.png

and a stickered one ...

14769pb132.png

3 hours ago, MAB said:

Printed watermelon slices already exist ...

Cool, what sets is it in?

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page. Thank you.

The watermelon has been in the recent Arkham Asylum and the Friends Horse Stable. Probably in other newer sets too (check BL), but I know those two from having built them.

That's would explain why I didn't know about them - I don't follow those themes!

1 hour ago, mocbuild101 said:

Edited 20 minutes ago by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page. Thank you.

Sorry, I forgot to take it out of the ouote...

23 hours ago, Littleworlds said:

I'd really like to see violin and double bass. Maybe a harp as well.

I'm not aware of anyone doing a double bass.

BrickForge do a violin though only one colour (dark tan) is in stock at the time of writing.

I don't know of any modern harps, but BrickWarriors do a lyre in various colours.

Edited by AmperZand
Typo

3 minutes ago, AmperZand said:

I'm not aware of anyone doing a double base.

BrickForge do a violin though only one colour (dark tan) is in stock at the time of writing.

I don't know of any modern harps, but BrickWarriors do a lyre in various colours.

The lyre and the violin look really good. TLG couldn't really make them much better. Thanks for the links! :classic:

We definietly need more musical instruments, I'd love to see a whole orchestra, or at least some sort of small chamber ensemble consisting of strings, winds, some percussion instruments, maybe piano?

2 hours ago, Eggyslav said:

We definietly need more musical instruments, I'd love to see a whole orchestra, or at least some sort of small chamber ensemble consisting of strings, winds, some percussion instruments, maybe piano?

Agreed, but a piano could be built with other parts...

10 hours ago, timecorridor said:

A walking stick that a minifig can hold by the handle 

See this post:

Uh, Amperzand explicitly credited your post as the reason for making this thread in the first place.  They even linked your post in the first word of their first comment.  They were wondering what other parts fall into the same boat as your cane.

Oh dear I feel a bit silly now I didn't see the link oooppppssss sorry lol 

I have to admit I'm quite chuffed now that I have seen it lol 

My suggestions are simple.  As a fan of cyberpunk, I'd like to see a bowl of noodles and a bowl of rice, both with a pair of chopsticks sticking out of them.  How can I make a proper cyberpunk city scene without a noodle bar?  Also, I'd like to see an updated version of the flintlock musket and pistol which would include a longer barrel, and no blunderbuss muzzle.  I'd like to build some Revolutionary War stuff, but it's hard with the LEGO accessories.   Plus, none of the third party accessory makers have made a satisfactory replacement. 

On 04/09/2017 at 1:35 AM, Abaddon127 said:

My suggestions are simple.  As a fan of cyberpunk, I'd like to see a bowl of noodles and a bowl of rice, both with a pair of chopsticks sticking out of them.  How can I make a proper cyberpunk city scene without a noodle bar?  Also, I'd like to see an updated version of the flintlock musket and pistol which would include a longer barrel, and no blunderbuss muzzle.  I'd like to build some Revolutionary War stuff, but it's hard with the LEGO accessories.   Plus, none of the third party accessory makers have made a satisfactory replacement. 

This must be getting pretty close to the rice bowl you want ...

Plus there are the boxes in the Big Bang Theory.

71019-4.jpg?201707010638

On 9/3/2017 at 7:35 PM, Abaddon127 said:

Brickarms do pretty good flintlock pistols and rifles. http://www.brickmania.com/antique/