jameseilers

Kyber Crystal Containers

I have put together a compilation of different Imperial Kyber crystal container designs I have come across. All except the Lego version can hold crystals. Inthert's can hold the 30153 crystal and all of the others can hold a 1x1 cylinder with a flat round tile on top to mimic the internal cylindrical containers seen spilling out in Rogue One. The two designs to the right are my own with a shorter version below. It is interesting to see all of the variations on a small item like this. I think Markus19840420's is actually my favorite. What are everyone's thoughts?

34678428621_7b9139bb2d_h.jpgKyber-Containers by James Eilers

wolf.leews-無 (Flickr)

markus19840420 (Flickr)

Inthert (flickr) / Inthert (Instagram post of of Kyber Container)

Here is the LDD File

Edited by jameseilers

They all look very nice, but I actually like yours best. It seems to be the most in scale with minifigs.

Now I need to build a bunch of'em in different color schemes. Thanks for the LDD.

cheers

Nice! Yours look as though you've combined all the other designs into one! Much closer to the original than mine was. Though in my defence I was only attempting to get across the essence of them which seems to be a vaguely octagonal orange box with black detailing.. Still, like I say, I love what you've done here and its nice to see different peoples approaches all in one place! :)

3 hours ago, Inthert said:

Nice! Yours look as though you've combined all the other designs into one! Much closer to the original than mine was. Though in my defence I was only attempting to get across the essence of them which seems to be a vaguely octagonal orange box with black detailing.. Still, like I say, I love what you've done here and its nice to see different peoples approaches all in one place! :)

I really liked your design even if its different from the movie model. It's very clean. I also spent about an hour trying to figure you how you constructed it before I realized you posted multiple pictures on the Instagram post... ?‍♂️

On ‎26‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 1:00 PM, jameseilers said:

I really liked your design even if its different from the movie model. It's very clean. I also spent about an hour trying to figure you how you constructed it before I realized you posted multiple pictures on the Instagram post... ?‍♂️

Thanks! Haha, I was debating whether to show a breakdown in the same post or just create a separate picture. Ah well :D