Instructions?  

1. 1. Bi?

• Yes
    • No

Here is my latest creation!! The tracked crane! I recently bought a bucket and 2 l motors so I thought I would build a crane, logically . The crane goes up and down with a LA, and the bucket moves on a LA both connected to separate m motors. The drive is through direct driven l motors on tracks. This is in no way final, and I would like to make instructions for the final model.

1920x1440.jpg

IMG_1927.JPG

IMG_1934.JPG

IMG_1932.JPG

What do you think? better pics soon.

Edited by Aventador2004

That's pretty nice! I agree with making the colour scheme more coherent, and perhaps you could add an operator's cabin somewhere, with handrails and the like. Its small size is impressive too.

Edited by ColletArrow

7 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

It's great! I'm amazed you got it so small!

But it would be even better if it was all yellow :wink:.

Thanks, the color scheme was the only problem I ran into in this build. I only have a yellow bucket, and no yellow panels :thumbdown:. The size actually can be smaller with a AAA battery, and it was not hard to make small. That is why I would make instructions (final build) for people who don't need a huge crane to use.

1 hour ago, ColletArrow said:

That's pretty nice! I agree with making the colour scheme more coherent, and perhaps you could add an operator's cabin somewhere, with handrails and the like. Its small size is impressive too.

hmm, forgot those on this, thanks for reminder and complements!

You recently made a whole other post, eerily similar to your "how many buggy motors" post, but added a question "are my mocs useful?" - but it got locked for obvious reasons. 

Then add a whole other post asking "are my mocs good?"

- I dunno.... but this sounds eerily similar to the "are my mocs useful question"  just couched in a little different wording  Yikes!!  :cry_sad:*huh*

You sound like you are trying really really hard to have others "like" or appreciate your builds.... which is understandable.  I guess we all do.  But as others have already noted, really, that is not the point of building.  Build because you enjoy it.  I know this sounds cliche and perhaps gibberish, but sometimes over-used phrases are over-used for a reason; in that they portray some form of truth. 

To fill the void of acceptance about your MOCs, it is not that others think your MOCs are good or not, useful or not, etc.  I am sure there are many out there that love your MOCs.  Even on this site there are many who really enjoy them.  But, generally your will find a hard audience here.  Members are adults, and many have occupations that lend themselves an exceptionally keen eye to this sort of stuff.  If you really are so focused on acceptance of your models, perhaps another forum to share them on might be considered.  Some sites are targeted to a much more generalist audience, with all age groups, young and old, with perhaps a greater range of acceptance of different builds. Mocpages may be considered one of these.  Not really a forum, but still allows one to comment, etc.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder..... and if you aren't getting the attention you want in your MOCs on this site, perhaps reaching out to  other "beholders" (i.e. audience) might be helpful.   

Just now, nerdsforprez said:

You recently made a whole other post, eerily similar to your "how many buggy motors" post, but added a question "are my mocs useful?" - but it got locked for obvious reasons. 

Then add a whole other post asking "are my mocs good?"

- I dunno.... but this sounds eerily similar to the "are my mocs useful question"  just couched in a little different wording  Yikes!!  :cry_sad:*huh*

You sound like you are trying really really hard to have others "like" or appreciate your builds.... which is understandable.  I guess we all do.  But as others have already noted, really, that is not the point of building.  Build because you enjoy it.  I know this sounds cliche and perhaps gibberish, but sometimes over-used phrases are over-used for a reason; in that they portray some form of truth. 

To fill the void of acceptance about your MOCs, it is not that others think your MOCs are good or not, useful or not, etc.  I am sure there are many out there that love your MOCs.  Even on this site there are many who really enjoy them.  But, generally your will find a hard audience here.  Members are adults, and many have occupations that lend themselves an exceptionally keen eye to this sort of stuff.  If you really are so focused on acceptance of your models, perhaps another forum to share them on might be considered.  Some sites are targeted to a much more generalist audience, with all age groups, young and old, with perhaps a greater range of acceptance of different builds. Mocpages may be considered one of these.  Not really a forum, but still allows one to comment, etc.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder..... and if you aren't getting the attention you want in your MOCs on this site, perhaps reaching out to  other "beholders" (i.e. audience) might be helpful.   

i actually said , "are my POSTs useful? " not "are my mocs cool?" . And I don't intend leaving this site. I joined to know some ideas that I should build, and to see mocs others make. Not trying to just show mocs, I frequently ask @StangMan302 if they are cool because I have him on speed dial. And I frequently build mods with his ideas mixed in. But we should put this conversation in another topic. 

Looks like we both messed up a little eh?  :wink:   I never said "are my MOCs cool?" - Ah...... the rapid age of the internet. 

Honestly, I meant no harm.  And I never recommended leaving this site.  That is not my position nor intent.  Wonderful that you are here for getting ideas, etc.  that is terrific.  I just thought, in addition to sharing here, you might want to broaden your audience.  For what it is worth, your need for appreciation of MOCs is becoming almost palpable, so I thought I would make a recommendation. 

Best of luck.... and remember, most importantly of all, JUST HAVE FUN!!  :wink:

Edited by nerdsforprez

I forgot to mention this earlier, but you may want to alter the topic title. (Warning: incoming pedantic post... :laugh:)
It isn't really a crane, those being machines with hooks and ropes, and 'tracked crane' implies a specific type, frequently with a lattice-boom, such as 42042. Perhaps 'tracked excavator' would fit better, considering the bucket attachment. Unless, of course, you intend to make other attachments, as in a versatile, multi-use machine (perhaps forks, a grabber etc.), in which case the name would need altering again! You could say this is too pedantic, but like @nerdsforprez said, a lot of people on here are.
Having a fitting topic title is important as people may click on it expecting one model, and when they find another they may be disappointed and ignore the topic, regardless of the quality of the actual model. It will also make searching for this topic in the future much easier if it has an appropriate name. Just friendly (I hope!) advice. :sweet:

12 hours ago, ColletArrow said:

I forgot to mention this earlier, but you may want to alter the topic title. (Warning: incoming pedantic post... :laugh:)
It isn't really a crane, those being machines with hooks and ropes, and 'tracked crane' implies a specific type, frequently with a lattice-boom, such as 42042. Perhaps 'tracked excavator' would fit better, considering the bucket attachment. Unless, of course, you intend to make other attachments, as in a versatile, multi-use machine (perhaps forks, a grabber etc.), in which case the name would need altering again! You could say this is too pedantic, but like @nerdsforprez said, a lot of people on here are.
Having a fitting topic title is important as people may click on it expecting one model, and when they find another they may be disappointed and ignore the topic, regardless of the quality of the actual model. It will also make searching for this topic in the future much easier if it has an appropriate name. Just friendly (I hope!) advice. :sweet:

hmm, maybe tracked digger will work.

UPDATE: new chassis, digger arm, and work rails.

@ColletArrow i like the idea for different attachment, but i may save that idea for a different version.

IMG_1954.JPG

yellow and white scheme now, is it better now @mocbuild101? i dont have many yellow parts.

IMG_1958.JPG

new cabin.

IMG_1959.JPG

IMG_1957.JPG

uses battery, 2 L motors, 2 M motors, 2 IR Recievers, and maybe a pair of lights.

Edited by Aventador2004

Second version looks better, but proportionaly it's just too wide. But then maybe there wont be space to fit all motors, battery etc.

4 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

yellow and white scheme now, is it better now @mocbuild101? i dont have many yellow parts.

Yes, much better than red and yellow!

It also looks better with the tracks exposed.

I also like the white version. It is not proportional, not like any real excavator, but there is a solution for that: just call it "Concept swamp sci-fi digger". :classic: 

Never mind about it is not realistic, through such builds You learn a lot, and building improvement comes in dozen. I would like to see it in a longer video, and even with actual digging action (beams, pins).

Nice small MOC, but as it was already said it would be better (IMHO perfect) in yellow :thumbup:

Very good! It looks a lot more coherent now. Like @agrof said, you could explain the width as it works in areas with unstable but flat ground, meaning a low centre of gravity and wide base is necessary, whilst ground clearance is not. The extra details help 'scale' it, so we can see how big the machine would be IRL.
I also hope you enjoyed the experience of improving and learning with the input of others; that's what we're all here for, isn't it?

yea i like this. (EDIT: Version 2 that is)  its like a scurrying little cockroach :) super fast and small,I can see a lot of playability in this.

does it dig lower than ground level?

Edited by MangaNOID

4 hours ago, agrof said:

I also like the white version. It is not proportional, not like any real excavator, but there is a solution for that: just call it "Concept swamp sci-fi digger". :classic: 

Never mind about it is not realistic, through such builds You learn a lot, and building improvement comes in dozen. I would like to see it in a longer video, and even with actual digging action (beams, pins).

Yeah, it's not super scaled, but I learned a lot about excavators. I will gather some pins and I am making a dump truck with it for a set experience and a new video.

4 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Nice small MOC, but as it was already said it would be better (IMHO perfect) in yellow :thumbup:

Yup, soon I will get some of the elusive yellow :wink:.

4 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

Yes, much better than red and yellow!

It also looks better with the tracks exposed.

Thanks! I thought it looks way better now than the red sploches. I also agree it looks better with exposed tracks.

2 hours ago, ColletArrow said:

Very good! It looks a lot more coherent now. Like @agrof said, you could explain the width as it works in areas with unstable but flat ground, meaning a low centre of gravity and wide base is necessary, whilst ground clearance is not. The extra details help 'scale' it, so we can see how big the machine would be IRL.
I also hope you enjoyed the experience of improving and learning with the input of others; that's what we're all here for, isn't it?

It is very stable on soft carpet and does not rock when moved, and the input from all has helped me add more details. The ground clearance was like that so I didn't put battery on top.

1 hour ago, MangaNOID said:

yea i like this. (EDIT: Version 2 that is)  its like a scurrying little cockroach :) super fast and small,I can see a lot of playability in this.

does it dig lower than ground level? 

It is fast, but it doesn't dig below due to the low chassis.

Last thing, would a dump truck add something to this if it was a set?

Edited by Aventador2004

Fun little thing this is!

Put an s-brick in it, loose the cab, and call it the next gen driver-less robotized excavator!

Keep it up!

15 minutes ago, Marxpek said:

Fun little thing this is!

Put an s-brick in it, loose the cab, and call it the next gen driver-less robotized excavator!

Keep it up!

I don't have a sbrick, maybe I will get one soon, but my lego budget is low, the parts I ordered cleared me out mostly, sometime if I sell the ir receivers I will get one.

23 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

Yup, soon I will get some of the elusive yellow :wink:.

Nice, what kind of cab do you plan?

Edited by I_Igor
my editor is playing nuts

24 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

Nice, what kind of cab do you plan?

What do you mean? There already is one.

Just now, Aventador2004 said:

What do you mean? There already is one.

Now when I look in other browser, I see it (3 x 5 bent liftarms...). At first I saw only video inside frame but could not start it to see whole thing and construction that I saw was very interesting IMHO.

Now all makes sense because it is not common (from you) to make unfinished business :thumbup:

Very sorry for misunderstanding, completely my fault. 

1 hour ago, I_Igor said:

Now when I look in other browser, I see it (3 x 5 bent liftarms...). At first I saw only video inside frame but could not start it to see whole thing and construction that I saw was very interesting IMHO.

Now all makes sense because it is not common (from you) to make unfinished business :thumbup:

Very sorry for misunderstanding, completely my fault. 

All good :thumbup:.

1 hour ago, Aventador2004 said:

All good :thumbup:.

:classic:

UPDATE: ldd file is being made for this excavator. This should allow me, if wanted, to make instructions.

The digger has a bit of trouble picking up heavy things, but it works ok.