[The Secret of the 8 Provinces - Prelude]

[The Secret of the 8 Provinces - 1st Chapter

33569010493_6d4ca30e5e_z.jpg

"My dear Lady De Summer,
there was a highwayman who was operating in Corrington."

"Where exactly?"

"On Cocovia - between King's Harbour and Quinnsville.
He was robbing coaches."

34739733166_9a60d05561_c.jpg

"Many coaches?"

34739731596_b63e10d206_z.jpg

"Many coaches."

34739730546_8d34d86203_c.jpg

"Usually Corrington travellers, but he was also robbing the occasional Oleon vacationist."

34617597752_25c484c5cb_c.jpg

"And what did he take from his victims?"

"That was the interesting part. He never took money or lupines.
It seemed that he was looking for something more interesing.

Then one day..."

34739728246_ebba7515a1_z.jpg

"Stand and deliver! You move at your peril, for I have two pistols here."

"Please, dear Sir, don't take our gold"

"I do not want your gold"

"Please, good man, do not take our lupines."

"I am not interested in lupines".

34617595322_9d417f28d0_c.jpg

"Then... what do you want from us."

"The ship."

34617593232_b646ff22f7_z.jpg

"What ship?" Lady De Summer asked.

"A yellow model of the 8 Provinces."

"Yellow? But your model is reddish."

"Quite so, Mylady. You will understand soon. Let me go on with the story."

[End of Chapter 1]

C&C Welcome.

(Original pictures can be found on flickr.)

Edited by Captain Braunsfeld

That is one dashing looking highwayman! Nice selection of coaches as well. I look forward to seeing where the story goes!

Hmm, quite a curious (and dashing, as Ayrlego stated! :grin:) fellow!  I'm definitely looking forward to see this story unfold!  

Nice landscaping and trees too, and all those coaches are very neat!  I do hope we see more of such adventures in BoBS!  (Oh... does that make me sound too much like a Sea Rat? :pir-grin: :laugh:)

Nice build! I like how you built the undulation of the terrain with plates and slopes, the foliage and plants on the ground, a very inspiring work.

I see that lady De Summer is wearing a new vest, robe, dress, jacket.:laugh:

The highwayman has arouse some concerns too, with his occasional robbery of Oleander tourists, and he is robbing a mousquetaire du Roi, that's outrageous!:pir-oh:

:look:  Intrigued by the story so far, and way to go building three unique coaches! :thumbup:  Nice landscaping too!

Great coaches and a fascinating story that stands and delivers! (pun intended) :tongue:

Gogogogo for the next chapter! We are drooling for more!

The story is more and more interesting : Here comes a yellow ship in addition of the red one...

Three coaches in a row... and they are pretty good... I like the oleonese one : is it possible to have more pics of it ?

On 20.5.2017 at 11:48 PM, Ayrlego said:

That is one dashing looking highwayman! Nice selection of coaches as well. I look forward to seeing where the story goes!

Me too :laugh:

On 21.5.2017 at 1:06 AM, Garmadon said:

Hmm, quite a curious (and dashing, as Ayrlego stated! :grin:) fellow!  I'm definitely looking forward to see this story unfold!  

Nice landscaping and trees too, and all those coaches are very neat!  I do hope we see more of such adventures in BoBS!  (Oh... does that make me sound too much like a Sea Rat? :pir-grin: :laugh:)

No, that does not make you sound like a Sea Rat.

This story seems to reflect my desire to do something with pirates and scoundrels myself.

On 21.5.2017 at 2:41 AM, Bodi said:

Nice build! I like how you built the undulation of the terrain with plates and slopes, the foliage and plants on the ground, a very inspiring work.

I see that lady De Summer is wearing a new vest, robe, dress, jacket.:laugh:

The highwayman has arouse some concerns too, with his occasional robbery of Oleander tourists, and he is robbing a mousquetaire du Roi, that's outrageous!:pir-oh:

Thank you, Bodi.

Lady De Summer is wearing the Gouvernor's Daughter outfit of the last pirate series.

And I can offer you a quantum of solace: The musketeer is not being robbed. The lady inside the coach is being robbed :pir-grin:

On 21.5.2017 at 4:42 AM, Kai NRG said:

:look:  Intrigued by the story so far, and way to go building three unique coaches! :thumbup:  Nice landscaping too!

Thanks for the landscape praise - but the first two coaches are more or less standard... :pir-cry_sad:

On 21.5.2017 at 3:29 PM, Sir Stig said:

Great addition to the lore of BoBs. Nice coaches. Each with it's own style. :thumbup:

On 21.5.2017 at 4:30 PM, blackdeathgr said:

Great coaches and a fascinating story that stands and delivers! (pun intended) :tongue:

Gogogogo for the next chapter! We are drooling for more!

:pir-laugh:

On 21.5.2017 at 6:46 PM, Sir Stig said:

I couldn't find Adam the Ant. Will we see him in the next chapter?

Good point. You probably have not seen him in the first picture as he is hiding behind bushes.

In any case: The highwayman is in the possession of two good shoes...

(Though he is probably more of a cunning character...)

On 21.5.2017 at 7:42 PM, Professor Thaum said:

The story is more and more interesting : Here comes a yellow ship in addition of the red one...

Three coaches in a row... and they are pretty good... I like the oleonese one : is it possible to have more pics of it ?

More pictures? I'll try.

Here we go

34827855965_fea80db444_z.jpg

34787729926_a1c3cc81ee_c.jpg

Now you can see the lady that is being robbed...

A robber on Cocovia?! The Winged Cuirassiers will at once be dispatched to deal with the issue, although I fear he has already left, after finding what he was looking for! ;)

Lovely landscaping as always, captain - I like the trees and rockwork and the two-sided trail is great. The robber makes me think of the red pimpernel in that outfit.

As always, you really have a knack for carriages - I think they are all a bit large for a single horse though - two or four seems to be more right to me. :)

And the story is intriguing. I am reminded of Tintin and the secret of the unicorn! Looking forward for more!

Nice carriages!

Send me this so-called musketeer to martial court, he should have protected the lady against this cunning robber!:pir-laugh:

6 hours ago, Bodi said:

Nice carriages!

Send me this so-called musketeer to martial court, he should have protected the lady against this cunning robber!:pir-laugh:

Times are tough in Oleon ....  :pir-look:

6 hours ago, Bregir said:

A robber on Cocovia?! The Winged Cuirassiers will at once be dispatched to deal with the issue, although I fear he has already left, after finding what he was looking for! ;)

Lovely landscaping as always, captain - I like the trees and rockwork and the two-sided trail is great. The robber makes me think of the red pimpernel in that outfit.

As always, you really have a knack for carriages - I think they are all a bit large for a single horse though - two or four seems to be more right to me. :)

And the story is intriguing. I am reminded of Tintin and the secret of the unicorn! Looking forward for more!

I am sure that brave Corrington troops will soon be swarming out to catch that robber :pir-grin:

And, yes, the carriages are probably too large for the poor horses. But there was no space for more horses - AND it is much easier to rob slow coaches! :pir-laugh:

Tintin as inspiration?  Never! :wink:

You see the elegance of the Oleon carriage even better from the side. :thumbup: Their craftmanship must have been influenced by Eslandolans, using intricate and well chosen details to take the eye away from less total amount of materials used? (mass, not number of pieces). :laugh:

On 23.5.2017 at 10:05 PM, Sir Stig said:

You see the elegance of the Oleon carriage even better from the side. :thumbup: Their craftmanship must have been influenced by Eslandolans, using intricate and well chosen details to take the eye away from less total amount of materials used? (mass, not number of pieces). :laugh:

I do not want to disillusion you, but that carriage is basically Set 41053 - Cinderella's carriage.... :pir-grin: