Sign in to follow this  
Garmadon

King's Port Advertiser, Special Add-on - Category C Results!

The Kraaken spotted again!!!

King's Port Advertiser, Special Add-on

New Terra’s most reliable source for news, shipping and otherwise.

May 617. VOL 2, Special Add-on

What is this we hear?  As we, the staff of the renowned KPA, settled into our new office on the Isla de la Many Names, we could faintly perceive in the distance the Eslandolans' puny settlement.  Of course, that was hardly of interest, but what was greatly so were the highly wonderful screams and yells of terror emanating from it, and the figures in green as they fled, waving their limbs about in utter confusion!  The sea itself has turned on the invader, and its monsters seem somewhat partial to the color green!  Despite the recent loss in some battles against these pesky neighbors of ours, the Mardierians are beginning to pluck up courage on the island, and all may come out well even yet!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rumor has it, however, that the Eslandolans are not to be cowed even by such evident signs of their upcoming defeat.  And, unfortunately, it has been brought to our attention that the ancient kraaken is not exactly the best at detecting different colors, and a few Mardierian ships have gone missing without the slightest warning... Nevertheless, here at the KPA we are certain that this is a clear omen against all those who dare pit themselves against the might of Mardier!

Category C results:

Winning Side:

1st Place: Mardier 

2nd Place: Eslandola 

Faction Winners:

1st Place: Oleon 

2nd Place: Sea Rats 

3rd Place: Corrington 

Individual Winners:

1st Place: Tie Kolonialbeamter & MKJoshA (MAR) - Prize (Learn ahead of time the location of the Kraken (either to chase it or to run away!) for the first two MRCAs, and possibly cooperate somewhat with the gamemasters as well)
Highest scoring non-leadership member (MAR) - Franco Clarke - Prize, Cooperate with with the gamemasters in moving the Kraken in the upcoming quest!

Runner-up: Kai NRG (ESL) - Prize, Learn ahead of time the location of the Kraken (either to chase it or to run away!) for the first two MRCAs - and, as highest scoring build in the category, 70623 Destiny's Shadow

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks once again to all of you who entered, and congrats to the winners!  Anyone else looking forward to a kraaken quest?? :excited: :look:

...I thought not... RUN AWAY!!!!! :grin: :laugh:

Another great showing, folks!  Looking forward to being able to publish the last two category results and final scores! :pir-sweet:

Actually... it would be fun to bring a cargo of kraaken meat into port... :pir-grin:  Fact is, I was really looking forward to getting to guide the kraaken, but se la vie.  Congrats to all the other winners-who-actually-lost.  :pir_tong2:  Does anyone else find our system of allocating prizes quite convoluted?

Congratulations! Since when do we say Kraaken? Always thought it was pronounced Kraken :pir-classic: 

1 hour ago, Jacob Nion said:

Congratulations! Since when do we say Kraaken? Always thought it was pronounced Kraken :pir-classic: 

Funny :p Kraaken and Kraken is pronounced completely the same in Dutch :p

So I can't help because I don't know how those two sound in English. But I think the way the Dutch people say it, should be the most correct :p

The word "kraken" in Dutch means "to break (something)"

Another guess: It could have to do with emotional distress while facing the beast. I'm sure if that thing was to pop up right before me, heck, I'd be adding a lot more A than just two - 'Kraaaaaaaaken!!!' :oh3::grin:

7 minutes ago, Kolonialbeamter said:

Another guess: It could have to do with emotional distress while facing the beast. I'm sure if that thing was to pop up right before me, heck, I'd be adding a lot more A than just two - 'Kraaaaaaaaken!!!' :oh3::grin:

Heheh, that reaction I can understand.

45 minutes ago, Kolonialbeamter said:

Aaaah, I understand :pir-grin: 

Edited by Jacob Nion

What's the score now between mardier and eslandola? 1 to 2?

2 hours ago, Mesabi said:

What's the score now between mardier and eslandola? 1 to 2?

Yup! :pir-grin: