Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

German Headquarters

theaterindex.gif

I've been wanting to build some sort of Indy MOC for some time now, but not sure what to do (since Casablanca). Inspired by the design of Outback Airstrip, I came up with the following. This is a German Headquarters that Indy can infiltrate.

dsc00047.jpg

I tried to stay within official Lego design concepts using minimal pieces.

A close up of the building:

dsc00048.jpg

The SW figs make great German troops (as well as Civil War, but that's another discussion):

dsc00049.jpg

I created some German flag stickers to use on the building and vehicles. The outcome wasn't bad. I chose to use the pre-WWII German military flags as a substitute for Nazi flags. I also like the bright colors. After placing the large one in the center of the building, I thought, I could have used some bricks to almost create the same look.

dsc00050.jpg

dsc00053.jpg

The interior of the building includes some great pieces from the Outback Airstrip. Although you can't see the clear cup and red radio to the right:

dsc00051.jpg

Another shot of the entire MOC:

dsc00052.jpg

And my favorite, the official Lego motorcycle:

dsc00054.jpg

And a final shot of one of the guards. I had to level the guard arm:

dsc00055.jpg

I welcome comments and constructive criticism.

Ooh, very nice! *y* Although it looks more like an outpost, seems a bit small for the head-quarters. 8-| Still, it looks great, the stickers contribute well to the look of it. The vehicles fit in very well also. *y*

~Peace

Nice work, Brickster *y* Nice how you incorporated the motorcycle and race for the stolen treasure into your MOC. This looks as if it could be a lego set, with the back open for playability and other nice features. My favourite detail is the telephone wire *sweet*

My one critique would be the use of the red/green/white container and the green under the flag.

Other than that, great job, it looks great *y*

Thanks for all the great feedback.

Something that I do want to work on is the design of the front section with the fence/post sections (below the 2nd floor windows). I don't like the old grey fence pieces and tried a few different pieces and designs here. Just couldn't get anything I really liked.

dsc00053.jpg

In addition, I don't like the telephone poll. I may copy/use a modified design from someone else. It just doesn't look like a telephone pole to me.

In any case, I may be making a few more WWII / Indy MOCs over the next few weeks. Unfortunately, I got a new computer a few months ago and have no photo-editing software. I can't edit any of the backgrounds at present.

Very nice with a neat interior, well done in size and proportions. *y*

Great work as always TheBrickster, I was surprised at how well the Imperial Officers worked as Germans. The building itself looks great, though as pointed out a door might be helpful, and the flag in the center of the building works really well. The telegraph pole I like, but I see room for improvements, however I love how you've incorporated the border booth and motorcycles from the Indy set. Very sneaky. The interior details are well done too, I love the gun rack and radio. I think the Italian colour scheme of the fuel barrel looks a bit at odds with the rest though. And the antenna on the side of the building looks a bit modern I think.

Overall a great scene, with a good imaginative input. But where's Indy? X-D

Batbrick Away! >:-)

I think it looks really good! It is really detailed and I like the custom flag! ;-)

Excuse me, but my only problem IS the flag!

Black/red/gold were always the colours of a democratic Germany (derived from the L

I think the Italian colour scheme of the fuel barrel looks a bit at odds with the rest though. And the antenna on the side of the building looks a bit modern I think.

Thanks for the feedback BB. I was sticking with the official lego fuel container but I can see how it looks a bit odd. I believe someone else mentioned it as well. I am OK with the antena.

Excuse me, but my only problem IS the flag!

Black/red/gold were always the colours of a democratic Germany (derived from the L

This is a very good MOC. Theres not that many pieces but I like how you included elements of a lot of different sets. Keep up the great work. *sweet*

My one critique would be the use of the red/green/white container and the green under the flag.

Other than that, great job, it looks great *y*

I agree, great little design, just that my eye is drawn towards the modern looking drum type thing.

Love the use of stickers and the layout. Nice work. *sweet*

Thanks for the feedback BB. I was sticking with the official lego fuel container but I can see how it looks a bit odd. I believe someone else mentioned it as well. I am OK with the antena.

I stubbled across the pre-WWII flag on a web site and liked the colors with the iron cross. I know it's not historically correct, but was just going with something I liked. Perhaps just a black, red, and, white flag would have been a better choice.

i basically think it's okay that way, even if it looks a little bit odd since it goes not together historically. but i think it would also look strange with nazi flags on it that would have got a strange feeling cause TLG wouldn't make it (the nazi flag is tabu here).

Brickster, I miss this MOC of yours. Well, it's time for me to view it. This is a very neat outpost that is able to house a group of german patrol. The headquarter matches the offical Indiana Jones vehicles very well. The interior is simple and nice. On another note, I always feel that the flag should be in Nazi flag. Ok, I believe that is not allowed to be used at all. After all, I believed it should be quite sensitive, even in our modern world.

I have to say I really like this MOC. I agree about the flag though, at the very least you should have used red and white as colours.

I'm very interested in WWII, do you have more MOCs on this theme?