1logo.jpg

Hi Everyone. 

Today I want to show you a my technic version of legendary car, a VW Golf GTI MkI.

Dimensions: 

-Lenght: 43,5cm

-Width: 18cm

-Height: 16cm

-Weight: 2120g

21.jpg

Functions:

-Drive (XL motor)

-Steering (ServoMotor)

-Full suspension (Front- MCPherson/ Rear- twist bean axle)

-Fake 4 cylinders engine

-Openable door, hood and rear trunk

-Working steering wheel

-Front "Angel Eyes" LED ligths

-Adjustable front seats

9.jpg

It has a deatiled engine and interior. BatteryBox and IR receiver are in trunk. 

It moving fast enought and steering well.

6.jpg

You can adjust front seats and open passanger's glove compartment. A suspension workin good but front springs are little too soft.

31.jpg34.jpg

It's all from me. Im waiting for your comments :)

FULL GALLERY: https://www.flickr.com/photos/124730997@N05/albums/72157681690383841

38.jpg

19.jpg

20170516_194316.jpg

Oh, you've built my childhood ido l:wub:.... And the way you did it, just wow. :thumbup: I love it.

This is awesome,  you managed to capture the boxy body very well and I love all the little added overlooked details, like the cowel and stripe down the side! Very well done :thumbup:

What a truly impressive model. The level of detail that you have added is exceptional. Your video is wonderful, the perfect showcase for the model. I am embarrassed to say that I did a quick scan of the model earlier and had passed it off as "okay," but after seeing the video I see the error in my previous assessment! Really excellent work all around!

I feel like if you changed the front end slightly and one or two other things, it would be a Lancia Delta Integrale. Great MOC!

Wooooow! How beautiful! What a detalization! Fantastic build!
If You will make the instructions, I built the model of my childhood...

Really good detail level. 

One of my little dream cars, but as I have now technics, there's no money for that :laugh:

It looks very cool and with such number of details; really good.  :thumbup: Like we were back in the past where things were simpler than today (talking about cars) 

29 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

It looks very cool and with such number of details; really good.  :thumbup: Like we were back in the past where things were simpler than today (talking about cars) 

Yes, older cars were simpler...

Wow it is a really great biuld! Every mechanical component (except gearbox, probably) is in place, plus it is remotely controlled. It is quite an achievement in that scale. Every time I change the wheels on my Golf, I am telling myself, I need to recreate that suspension in Lego. You have totally nailed it! I love the frontal drive line setup: XL, differential, bevel gears, chain and fake engine - brilliant! And great work on the video! That first view with the cooling towers really sets the mood.

20 minutes ago, proran said:

Wow it is a really great biuld! Every mechanical component (except gearbox, probably) is in place, plus it is remotely controlled. It is quite an achievement in that scale. Every time I change the wheels on my Golf, I am telling myself, I need to recreate that suspension in Lego. You have totally nailed it! I love the frontal drive line setup: XL, differential, bevel gears, chain and fake engine - brilliant! And great work on the video! That first view with the cooling towers really sets the mood.

I think it is the first FWD car lego technic I have seen, very nice build :wink: As usual, I should add. I like your style of building.

Could you please show the front axle without wheels?

I am very impressed, very good job, realistic and small, MOCs like this make me want to build again :thumbup: .

17 hours ago, damjan97PL said:

Yes, older cars were simpler...

...and easier to maintain. Very nice model. At the first I thought that you made with Unimog tires, but then I realized that they are 62.4 Tires used for smaller model. Nice change with all super and hypercar models is to have model that is more "down to Earth" :wink:

21 hours ago, tomek9210 said:

Could you please show the front axle without wheels?

I would double that. Thanks.

This build is epic!! The side shot is perfect. I love the engine bay and lights. Well done!!:wub:

I am not a fan of stacked beams, but this build is amazing, instantly recognizable. I also admire the video presentation You made, we start to catch up Top Gear in quality. :grin: Top notch work! :thumbup:

20 hours ago, proran said:

I would double that. Thanks.

Gallery with photos of chassis 

Edited by damjan97PL

That's an awesome model! I really like the interior especially - it contrails the all needed parts despite the size. It's very close to Model Team precise, well done!

Sorry for a little off-top, but I just remembered the craziest Franco Sbarro's modification of MK1: Sbarro Golf Turbo 1980 with a Porshe 911 engine (in the trunk) and RWD: http://www.4legend.com/2016/volkswagen-golf-turbo-sbarro-de-1983-moteur-porsche-911-turbo-de-300-ch :laugh:

Spoiler

And with the most interesting feature:
sbarro-golf-moteur-porsche-911-turbo-198 

Edited by Void_S

1 hour ago, Void_S said:

That's an awesome model! I really like the interior especially - it contrails the all needed parts despite the size. It's very close to Model Team precise, well done!

Sorry for a little off-top, but I just remembered the craziest Franco Sbarro's modification of MK1: Sbarro Golf Turbo 1980 with a Porshe 911 engine (in the trunk) and RWD: http://www.4legend.com/2016/volkswagen-golf-turbo-sbarro-de-1983-moteur-porsche-911-turbo-de-300-ch :laugh:

Hide contents

And with the most interesting feature:
sbarro-golf-moteur-porsche-911-turbo-198 

Woww! That's crazy! :O