damjan97PL

[MOC] VW Golf GTI MkI

23 posts in this topic

1logo.jpg

Hi Everyone. 

Today I want to show you a my technic version of legendary car, a VW Golf GTI MkI.

Dimensions: 

-Lenght: 43,5cm

-Width: 18cm

-Height: 16cm

-Weight: 2120g

21.jpg

Functions:

-Drive (XL motor)

-Steering (ServoMotor)

-Full suspension (Front- MCPherson/ Rear- twist bean axle)

-Fake 4 cylinders engine

-Openable door, hood and rear trunk

-Working steering wheel

-Front "Angel Eyes" LED ligths

-Adjustable front seats

9.jpg

It has a deatiled engine and interior. BatteryBox and IR receiver are in trunk. 

It moving fast enought and steering well.

6.jpg

You can adjust front seats and open passanger's glove compartment. A suspension workin good but front springs are little too soft.

31.jpg34.jpg

It's all from me. Im waiting for your comments :)

FULL GALLERY: https://www.flickr.com/photos/124730997@N05/albums/72157681690383841

38.jpg

19.jpg

20170516_194316.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is awesome,  you managed to capture the boxy body very well and I love all the little added overlooked details, like the cowel and stripe down the side! Very well done :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a truly impressive model. The level of detail that you have added is exceptional. Your video is wonderful, the perfect showcase for the model. I am embarrassed to say that I did a quick scan of the model earlier and had passed it off as "okay," but after seeing the video I see the error in my previous assessment! Really excellent work all around!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like if you changed the front end slightly and one or two other things, it would be a Lancia Delta Integrale. Great MOC!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wooooow! How beautiful! What a detalization! Fantastic build!
If You will make the instructions, I built the model of my childhood...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really good detail level. 

One of my little dream cars, but as I have now technics, there's no money for that :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks very cool and with such number of details; really good.  :thumbup: Like we were back in the past where things were simpler than today (talking about cars) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

It looks very cool and with such number of details; really good.  :thumbup: Like we were back in the past where things were simpler than today (talking about cars) 

Yes, older cars were simpler...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow it is a really great biuld! Every mechanical component (except gearbox, probably) is in place, plus it is remotely controlled. It is quite an achievement in that scale. Every time I change the wheels on my Golf, I am telling myself, I need to recreate that suspension in Lego. You have totally nailed it! I love the frontal drive line setup: XL, differential, bevel gears, chain and fake engine - brilliant! And great work on the video! That first view with the cooling towers really sets the mood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, proran said:

Wow it is a really great biuld! Every mechanical component (except gearbox, probably) is in place, plus it is remotely controlled. It is quite an achievement in that scale. Every time I change the wheels on my Golf, I am telling myself, I need to recreate that suspension in Lego. You have totally nailed it! I love the frontal drive line setup: XL, differential, bevel gears, chain and fake engine - brilliant! And great work on the video! That first view with the cooling towers really sets the mood.

Thanks :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it is the first FWD car lego technic I have seen, very nice build :wink: As usual, I should add. I like your style of building.

Could you please show the front axle without wheels?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, damjan97PL said:

Yes, older cars were simpler...

...and easier to maintain. Very nice model. At the first I thought that you made with Unimog tires, but then I realized that they are 62.4 Tires used for smaller model. Nice change with all super and hypercar models is to have model that is more "down to Earth" :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, tomek9210 said:

Could you please show the front axle without wheels?

I would double that. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not a fan of stacked beams, but this build is amazing, instantly recognizable. I also admire the video presentation You made, we start to catch up Top Gear in quality. :grin: Top notch work! :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, proran said:

I would double that. Thanks.

Gallery with photos of chassis 

Edited by damjan97PL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's an awesome model! I really like the interior especially - it contrails the all needed parts despite the size. It's very close to Model Team precise, well done!

Sorry for a little off-top, but I just remembered the craziest Franco Sbarro's modification of MK1: Sbarro Golf Turbo 1980 with a Porshe 911 engine (in the trunk) and RWD: http://www.4legend.com/2016/volkswagen-golf-turbo-sbarro-de-1983-moteur-porsche-911-turbo-de-300-ch :laugh:
 

Spoiler

And with the most interesting feature:
sbarro-golf-moteur-porsche-911-turbo-198 

 

Edited by Void_S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Void_S said:

That's an awesome model! I really like the interior especially - it contrails the all needed parts despite the size. It's very close to Model Team precise, well done!

Sorry for a little off-top, but I just remembered the craziest Franco Sbarro's modification of MK1: Sbarro Golf Turbo 1980 with a Porshe 911 engine (in the trunk) and RWD: http://www.4legend.com/2016/volkswagen-golf-turbo-sbarro-de-1983-moteur-porsche-911-turbo-de-300-ch :laugh:
 

  Hide contents

And with the most interesting feature:
sbarro-golf-moteur-porsche-911-turbo-198 

 

Woww! That's crazy! :O

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.