Bregir

[COR - ChVE - Part 1 and 2] Mysteries on Cascadia

Previously....

The Curious Case of the Bottled Message - Bregir

The Lost City of Gold, Part 1 - Ayrlego

Part 1: Dr. Albert Brickingstone

It was another brilliant day on Cascadia, and dr. Albert Brickingstone made his daily trip to wash his hands and face at one of the beautiful waterfalls outside the city, something that had long since turned into a ritual for him. This particular waterfall supplied an abundance of fresh, clear, and cool water, and was happily so insignificant that the Myzec had not attributed it to any of their terrible gods, feline, nor avian, which meant that no taboos surrounded it, allowing him to dib as he wanted. However, being outside the secret valley, they refused to allow him to go alone, no matter his assurances that he was perfectly able to fend for himself and that the felines were as afraid of him as he of they. Thus, he was today, as always, accompanied by one of the eagle guard.

A strange people, he thought, staring into the water. Even after living neigh on 20 years amongst them, they still considered him as naive as a child, something triggered by his unwillingness (by the Myzec interpreted as inability) to accept the taboos of the lands. And while he had always adhered strictly to a principle of not interfering with the development of the native civilisation, his aid to the sick and hurt had not gone unnoticed, and neither had his suggestions for the agriculture of the Myzec. So while treating him like a naive child in ordinary matters, they also had a certain reverence for him, considering him at least a minor diety for agriculture and medicine. He was awarded every convenience they could spare, and access to anyone and everywhere he wished. It had been heaven for an anthropologist.

34643560336_807dee0149_c.jpg

Dr. Brickingstone splashed water upon his face and peaked at the guardsman and his ornamental avian helmet. The mythos of the Myzec was generally dualistic. The avians, headed by the eagle, represented order, wisdom, and peace, while the felines, ruled by the lion, were the gods of chaos, war, and instinct. But contrary to what one might believe, this did not result in a duality between god and evil. For the Myzec, wisdom and order could, just like chaos and war, represent something good, or something bad. Wisdom could be used for oppression of the unwise, while chaos could lead to progress, for instance. It was a highly fascinating culture. How he looked forward to sharing his findings with his peers. The Royal Society would be breathtaken!

But wait? When would they arrive again? Had he given them word to come? It was all a bit hazy - Brickingstone rarely thought of going home - each day, he found a new aspect of the Mysec to study, and he had always thought Corrington would send a delegation some day. He had sent a bottled message, after all. Surely, it would reach the crown at some point, flowing with the western currents? Was it 20 years now?

Part 2: At Camp Isaac

It was late at night, and Lord Micah and Colonel Allcock had just arrived at Camp Isaac to link up with Montoya for an expedition inland. Only hours before, Montoya had recieved word from King's Harbour of a curious bottled message from a Dr. Albert Brickingstone. They were now all gathered around the large campfire in front of Montoya's tent, and he was just telling them of the anthropologist who dissappeared so many years ago.

"...I remember one or two lectures at the university in Belson. A brilliant and engaging man, I must say, although entirely out of touch with the world outside anthropology. He could hardly handle himself in genteel company, it was said! Can you believe it? Such a brilliant man!"

Lord Micah arched a brow and looked to Colonel Allcock, who was struggling to suppress a deep guttural laughter. Both of them had seen Montoya "entertain" a dinner company with the minute details of the intestants of a typhoid stricken orphan right through dessert, but thought it best not to mention it. Afterall, the story of a Corlander anthropolist living amongst natives inhabiting a large golden city did catch their attention.

"I am amazed you should have had such news, Isaac. And just now - what a coincidence! I have myself a thing or two to add..." he said, before telling them of the strange offer presented to him by the Mardierian officer.

Lord Micah nodded, deep in thought, before concluding: "Two independent sources talking of such a city? There must certainly be some credence to the claim! We must seek it out at utmost urgency- especially if the Eslandolans are on its trail."

"But certainly, they would not dare set foot upon Corlander soil? To plunder riches from our lands?" Montoya exclaimed, still shocked by the rumours.

"The Mardierians certainly think so... Let me bring the officer here to tell you himself..." Allcock said to general nodding, before venturing off to do so.

34643559506_9b5c1970dc_c.jpg

They spoke and schemed deep into the night and as the sun started to rise, they prepared to break up for departure.

34643556926_b3e508e3ce_c.jpg

"We shall leave by boat to find the great lake." Allcock said before ordering his men to see the boats provisioned.

In the meanwhile, Montoya gave directions to young mr. Baker and the master sergeant of the Recon Pioneers, who would accompany him on the expedition in land, and Lord Micah left to gather his men. It would be a numeruos and diverse crew to set off towards the Golden City and Dr. Brickingstone, and should they find it, it would be a scientific sensation to rival the first Corlander settlements in the Prio Seas....

34643558336_f9bdd178cf_c.jpg

Part 3:

(Unfortunately, RL prevented me from having my unlimited build ready in time - it will be added soon (tm) with more to the story of the Golden City. I find these builds a bit "meh" but at least they serve to tell the story - sorry it all ended up being a bit rushed. My brother helped me out finishing these :) )

Continuing the story:

The lost City of Gold - Ayrlego

Great effect with the light brick!!

I also love how you did the small waterfall with the shades of trans blue!

They came out really nice Bregir, especially the waterfall and our first glimpse of Dr Brickingstone! The fire is very nicely done as well. Pity we didn't get to finish, but I look forward to continuing to develop the Lost City with you!

Love that bonfire, both at night and in daylight! Nice waterfall, too. :thumbup:

I look forward to more stories of Corrington's exploration of Cascadia after the challenge.

Great writing!

The waterfall looks very nice, especially like the continuation of the river in the border.

The bonfire pic is class too

I really like how you did your falls and the cutaway of the river bed is also a great touch. Though a fish swimming out right there would have been a fun addition. That bonfire and the use of the light brick is amazing! The nighttime shot in particular was fascinating. Of course having the daytime shot helped build the scene. I also like the brickbuilt tent. I look forward to the third build when you get it completed. 

:wub: Loving that first little build with the waterfall, Bregir - ingenious idea and beautiful execution with that cutaway!  Very nice story and awesome bonfire in the second build as well, looks great in the dark, too! :wink:  I know it may be a bit of pointless complication with an MOC, but in my personal experience I find some wood in the center and around the bottom of a fire built this way helps a great deal in avoiding collapses when the fire begins to do its work on the wood around the edge - but as I said, that's a pretty small thing, and I dare say it would have made the light-up brick ridiculously more complicated too! :grin:

The terrain could definitely use some more texture and variation as well, and I probably would have just left out the tan base on the bottom if possible, but good job just getting something in!  And on time, too! :laugh: :tongue:

Haha, just kidding - keep up the nice work! :pir-sweet:

Good writing and nicely built waterfall! I should order a bunch of these transclear plates too.

The scene with tent is very well built too, bondire is amazing, and I've noticed that the redcoats are wearing berets!*huh* Oleander mercenaries I guess?:wink:

A nice story (coupled with Ayrlego) that makes reading fluent and regarding the builds, I especially like the cut-out waterfall, the trees and the lovely tent! Oh, great idea at a night shot too (although slightly more light would have made it look ten times better)!

Off topic, I would suggest that every collab would be posted in a single thread, as having them separately, breaks their continuity I believe, especially with the tons of new content we add nearly every day.