yeah but i got parts, just need those, i want so much 873 steereng arms, but i cant buy them in poland..

none of the sets that contain those available used somewhere near maybe? 8297 is a fairly common and not too expensive set used, although some of the other set containing them also contain wishbones i think.

Yeah but that part separate costs about 7 euros each, that 8297 set has 4, one of the reasons i only buy sets.. in the end its a way better deal.

i dont much money now, i need to wait a bit, too much buyed lego in last month ( jeez, i cant belive i buyed in one month lego for 500 euro..)

1 hour ago, Marxpek said:

Yeah but that part separate costs about 7 euros each, that 8297 set has 4, one of the reasons i only buy sets.. in the end its a way better deal.

Or buy the 42000 with 9, links.

ill try it, dont got part with 4 pin holes and this hole for this cube which i think is for steering, will 6 l link work here?

7 hours ago, rkkm said:

ill try it, dont got part with 4 pin holes and this hole for this cube which i think is for steering, will 6 l link work here?

Yes it will, I forgot to mention but make sure to give it a caster angle, that will help a lot.

What do u think, whats the cruicial part of this steering? i mean part which gives perfect rtc, i know about that trick, with paper stripe, but anyone got idea if its construction is just made for perfect steering?

26 minutes ago, rkkm said:

What do u think, whats the cruicial part of this steering? i mean part which gives perfect rtc, i know about that trick, with paper stripe, but anyone got idea if its construction is just made for perfect steering?

Don't gear down the servo unless its using gears with very little slack like a 12:24 or bevel gears only, spur gears have a lot of slack. Avoid using axles longer then 3L and if you need too use a axle extender with 2L axles to hold them together so it does not have much slack in the axles from them twisting. Use caster angles, they help a lot, and have a slight toe-in to make the wheels want to pull into the chassis and that makes the car want to drive strait.

Okay, today finished new steering, still - when i want to drive straight, if i turn wheels left( when car stay ) car goes slightly right a bit, when i turn wheels right ( when car stay too ) car goes left a bit. ANy solution? here u got link to my flickr, just uploaded photos:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154883928@N06/?

As far as i can see there is no caster, camber or toe in with this setup, you should really look into that, those can all help with a straight line and stability.

Correct me if i'm wrong but this is just a straight setup which, sadly, does not want to go straight by itself.

One  thing i do not really like here is how the hubs are fixed, by the pictures you can already see the 1x2 crossplates want to come off, they should be braced better (try a 4 axle with end stop and a bush) this alone can cause issues.

Why don't you try to use the rc front end? that has a extra return to center spring and a caster angle built in.

1 hour ago, rkkm said:

Okay, today finished new steering, still - when i want to drive straight, if i turn wheels left( when car stay ) car goes slightly right a bit, when i turn wheels right ( when car stay too ) car goes left a bit. ANy solution? here u got link to my flickr, just uploaded photos:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154883928@N06/?

It seems you have put the hubs on upside-down, the way they are now will actually decrease the handling, I would also recommend tilting the front suspension assembly to gain caster, moving back the top or moving forward the bottom wishbones will give you caster but not real caster. Tilting the whole assembly will make the suspension more reactive to bumps while having the wishbones in different places will not do that.

What u mean at wheel hubs? My name knowledge is hopeless, about caster - for now no, i need to wait till i get more money, i need to buy two servos, new batteries, sbrick and cable, so about 750 pln ( 170 euro...) then ill put positive caster, now it is hard to do it with rc unit, i tried on another front steering - iit worked with cv joints great but now it would be more hard, but ill try maybe.

and i got good news, it is driving almost perfectly straight on asphalt. i tried it home, and it was driving slightly left or right. When i tried it on 12 v setup and 8 v setup it was driving almost perfectly straight at full speed even.  For now i need to focus on other things than lego - but not at all, i buyed f1 formule red one, forgot number, and i need to get some money till monday cause deliviery will arive at monday :D

1 hour ago, Marxpek said:

As far as i can see there is no caster, camber or toe in with this setup, you should really look into that, those can all help with a straight line and stability.

Correct me if i'm wrong but this is just a straight setup which, sadly, does not want to go straight by itself.

One  thing i do not really like here is how the hubs are fixed, by the pictures you can already see the 1x2 crossplates want to come off, they should be braced better (try a 4 axle with end stop and a bush) this alone can cause issues.

Why don't you try to use the rc front end? that has a extra return to center spring and a caster angle built in.

Even rc steering unit is driving a bit to right too much, i tried to fig it but cant, still thinking, i like it most - compact and easy - i can focus on other things than front with it but it dont goes as i want.

i just got new steering unit, and ai have to say - after few rides steering is driving slighlty left or right not a bit, but a big bit... I have just bought f1 formule and will have those great wheel hubs, try to do steering with em and also i will have 8 wishbones and tone of red pieces with ferrari logo ! :)

2 hours ago, rkkm said:

i just got new steering unit, and ai have to say - after few rides steering is driving slighlty left or right not a bit, but a big bit... I have just bought f1 formule and will have those great wheel hubs, try to do steering with em and also i will have 8 wishbones and tone of red pieces with ferrari logo ! :)

I definitely would suggest that set, as I have it, I use the hubs alot. The steering hubs are very helpful.