alright, this will probably be a long wip, i have a lot to do. this supercar currently is in the prototype stage, i have finished the first version. this car was originally going to have a geared up l motor for propulsion, i tried that and is in the test car. the motor was slow because the torque wasn't enough and i don't have a v2 receiver. the fake engine will have to come out so i can fit two XL motors in.

IMG_1885.JPG

IMG_1891.JPG

IMG_1892.JPG

IMG_1912.JPG

what do you think?

Looks good so far, I just have a few suggestions. :wink:

• I've seen you do the same front end before on other cars. Why not change it up, or at the very least, attempt something new?
  • You did say
    11 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

alright, this will probably be a long wip, i have a lot to do.

Maybe in your improvements add some more panels or flex axles, especially over the front wheel arch.

• Make the roof a bit longer?

Of course these are all to make your MOC better, not to discourage you! :classic:

31 minutes ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

Looks good so far, I just have a few suggestions. :wink:

• I've seen you do the same front end before on other cars. Why not change it up, or at the very least, attempt something new?
  • You did say

Maybe in your improvements add some more panels or flex axles, especially over the front wheel arch.

• Make the roof a bit longer?

Of course these are all to make your MOC better, not to discourage you! :classic:

1 The front was a test so it may be changed.

2. Ok, I will find some flexes in my pile of parts.

3. Hmm you are right, it is a bit small, I will work on it.

4. You aren't discouraging me, just helping me get ideas.

Looks allready pretty good. 

Maybe make front bottom part with some panels, Maybe put ther those 5x11 panels and at the sides some 2x5

Nice start, I would also rethink the hood, as the long panels stick out a bit.

I would say, now you have a good sketch model, the next task is to fix all parts properly in a buildable way. Best way to check this, grab and lift the model just like a kid would do, and it may not disconnect. :wink: You can expect a long process, but precious learning time, with rewarding finish. For me it took 1 year to get from here...

800x453.jpg

...to here, with way over 15 (I gave up to count at this stage) rebuilds from zero:

800x451.jpg

Okay I am lazy too, and I gave him rest for couple of months. :classic: And meanwhile the flower passed away unfortunately. :pir-hmpf:

19 minutes ago, agrof said:

You can expect a long process, but precious learning time, with rewarding finish. For me it took 1 year to get from here...

For me longest was 1.5 year. Model was disassambled few times. During that even scale changed, in the beginning it was just too big. Then I got smaller wheels, and everything went faster. So I agree with @agrof, that this good sketch.

This looks good already but am I missing something? All this talk about looks, what about functions? I know you have propulsion and steering and lights. Taking the engine out :hmpf_bad:, doors? Boot? Gearbox? Active aero? Self lift jacks?

7 hours ago, MangaNOID said:

This looks good already but am I missing something? All this talk about looks, what about functions? I know you have propulsion and steering and lights. Taking the engine out :hmpf_bad:, doors? Boot? Gearbox? Active aero? Self lift jacks?

One of my ideas is windshield wipers I have made for it, and the rear wing is going to be a air brake. I prefer manual doors but I will a rubber bands for spring load.

8 hours ago, agrof said:

Nice start, I would also rethink the hood, as the long panels stick out a bit.

I would say, now you have a good sketch model, the next task is to fix all parts properly in a buildable way. Best way to check this, grab and lift the model just like a kid would do, and it may not disconnect. :wink: You can expect a long process, but precious learning time, with rewarding finish. For me it took 1 year to get from here...

Snip

to here, with way over 15 (I gave up to count at this stage) rebuilds from zero: 

Snip

Okay I am lazy too, and I gave him rest for couple of months. :classic: And meanwhile the flower passed away unfortunately. :pir-hmpf:

I definitely expect A month or 2 before a good prototype. I have been building some of these prototypes way before I joined here. The structure will definitely be improved.

8 hours ago, Jurss said:

Looks allready pretty good. 

Maybe make front bottom part with some panels, Maybe put ther those 5x11 panels and at the sides some 2x5

I may change the front when I rebuild it. The doors are there to see about how the car would look.

I would also like to see you step up your builds a bit, try to copy something. Pick a car that's close in size and try to mimic it's bodwork/shape :classic:

33 minutes ago, DugaldIC said:

I would also like to see you step up your builds a bit, try to copy something. Pick a car that's close in size and try to mimic it's bodwork/shape :classic:

Ok, I I will see what car I can make with my parts. The inside might not be the same, but the bodywork can. What about this?

Jag_CX75_galeria_2015_dm_5.jpg

Edited by Aventador2004

45 minutes ago, Myers Lego Technic said:

A  Concept Jaguar. Interesting. 

I was very disappointed when they cancelled the project, I have wanted to build one but never did.

Maybe that will change...... :look:

17 hours ago, agrof said:

For me it took 1 year to get from here...

A well spent year if you ask me. :wink:

What you seem to be doing, @Aventador2004, is that you have built something and then are slowly changing it. What I've seen many supercar builders do is start from the ground up and slowly work your way to completion, not having it all built at the beginning. What I suggest is starting with the chassis, then axles, gearbox, engine, body, ect... Take your time. Most of us can't build a supercar in one day. Trust me, I've tried.

even though Victor Imaginator did...

Edited by Offroadcreat1ons

1 hour ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

A well spent year if you ask me. :wink:

What you seem to be doing, @Aventador2004, is that you have built something and then are slowly changing it. What I've seen many supercar builders do is start from the ground up and slowly work your way to completion, not having it all built at the beginning. What I suggest is starting with the chassis, then axles, gearbox, engine, body, ect... Take your time. Most of us can't build a supercar in one day. Trust me, I've tried.

even though Victor Imaginator did...

The car is actually apart right now if you think that I don't make a new chassis. A new one is in progress.

Edit: the test car took me 4 and a half hours.

Edited by Aventador2004

UPDATE: the car is still in the chassis prototype stage with two l motor drive. still not sure which motor to use, XL or L motor?

the bodywork is being sketched and figured out. i am considering a gearbox with sequential system, and or 4wd. what do you think? i could make a rc variation of @Didumos69's gearbox with a m motor shift. all the ideas are being worked on but i am still trying to make as compact as possible.