Sign in to follow this  
finnbricker

MOC: Commercial Building made to a large extent of PAB parts

I started planning this building in LDD after having aquired a whole bunch of sand green parts from the PAB wall. I wanted to use them for something, along with a bunch of mostly white bricks that I have bought off PAB walls earlier. So my intention was to design a building where I could use my current collection of bricks and only order more bricks if absolutely necessary. This didn't restrict me that much, actually. It was fun trying to play around with what you have. Maybe the big tan plates as floors stand out a little too much (grey or white would have looked nicer), otherwise I'm quite satisfied with the result.

The ground floor consists of the Heartlake Party Shop 41132, which I simply put on a baseplate and added some walls. Of course, I had to build a staircase, too, so one could reach the upper floors. The balloon stand is a modification of the 70900 Joker Balloon Escape. The "power plant" that is part of the set is inside the party shop and functions as a machine used to fill the balloons with helium. One floor up, there's a wedding chapel (40165 Wedding Favor Set) and the top floor houses houses a recording studio (41103 Pop Star Recording Studio). So the building includes four sets.

800x935.jpg

800x902.jpg

800x916.jpg

There's a barren backyard with a tree and a bird from 31065 Park Street Townhouse as well as some benches and a small carrot field. Looks like Mommy bought little John a red balloon from the Party Shop. His big brother, chilling on the bench, looks a bit angry. Maybe he's envious of his little borther, who knows... Lots of flowers in different colours by the tree.

800x916.jpg

The side wall is reddish brown because it acts as a (wood-paneled) back wall for the wedding chapel.

800x771.jpg

A simple roof with some a/c units. The roof is green because I had so many green 16x16 plates – but the colour fits nicely with the rest of the building.

All floors have interiors, which I will be showing to you in the coming days, so please stay tuned. And I'm always grateful for any comments!

Interesting ideas. I can't wait to see the interior. I hadn't considered using the Party store as a modular, but it makes sense. I didn't pick that one up.

I would say certain colors may not mesh well together, but you have to work with what you have.

Keep up the good work.

The Party Shop makes a great basis for a modular building, I think. And you are right about the colours: white, sand green and dark green work well together but all the purple and pink of the party store are a little out of place. OTOH, that's what it's like in real life, too. The building is one thing and all the awnings and logos another...

So, here is the interior of the ground floor, the 41132 Heartlake Party Shop and 70900 Joker Balloon Escape. The balloon filling machine is next to the cashier (complete with the dynamite :wink:). That Party time! sticker is actually a Lego original – sort of. Those stickers were included in a Lego Club magazine that I picked up some years ago at a Lego store. Finally found some use for them! I used some 2–3 stickers for the wall panels, but this one seems to be the only one that's visible in the pics. Otherwise, the interior is pretty much just the original interior spread out around the store and a tan tiled floor.

600x604.jpg

600x640.jpg

Cool!! I really like the way you've used official sets and builds as well as your own creativity!! 

Nice job!!

Thanks Greg3!

Here's the Wedding Chapel. Obviously, the floor need to be high enough so the canopy can be placed there. It fits just perfectly, being 12-wide. There's room for 12 guests and an aisle to walk down. In the corridor, there's a statue (Toy Story soldier).

640x863.jpg

1280x800.jpg

640x834.jpg

There's only one guest at this ceremony, namely the mother of the bride. She's offering a wedding ring on a velvet pillow to the groom who looks as if he's just found out what he's about to commit to. Poor guy. :grin::grin:

And here's the top floor housing the recording studio. A rapper is spitting his rhymes in the booth while a rocker is waiting for his turn. The old lady sitting on the couch sipping a drink is probably the rapper's mother (but don't tell anyone about it so you don't embarras him!). There's also an unmanned DJ table in the corner below the huge note. I like it that the recording studio was so easily adapted into a modular building. A set well planned.

800x444.jpg

800x537.jpg