800x603.jpg

Hi everyone :classic:

This is a model i built a while ago, but only now had the time and eqiupment to showcase.

I was asked to build a Buwizz showcase model for a toy fair in Boogna, italy.

After some thought I decided to combine the rare dark blue panels from 41999 with tracks and a couple of RC motors.

The finished model has following features:

• 2 RC models for drive
  • Spring supported pendular suspension
  • Two working fake V8 engines - hence the V16
  • Rollcage reinforced interrior with 4 seats
  • Openable 70's muscle car style openable bodywork
  • A working winch
  • LED bar powereed by a total of 10 LEDs

So lets start with a 360 view of the model:

Ripster%20360.gif

As you can see the body is inspired by 70's muscle car styling with large chromed grill

800x601.jpg

Detailed view of the grill with the cute bunny:

800x451.jpg

Lifting up the body exposes the internal rollcage and the two massive engines:

800x660.jpg

Further the rollcage can be lifted by pulling out the two red pins, showing the 4 identical seats, making this a perfect family car :cry_happy:

800x451.jpg

The two V8's are powered by the RC motor's faster output:

800x451.jpg

The power passes via cardan axles under the seats and up the gears:

800x451.jpg

In case the model ever gets stuck there is also a functional winch powered by an M motor via 1:5 gearing ratio:

800x451.jpg

The suspension is highly flexible:

800x451.jpg

800x451.jpg

And here is the most important photo of any technic model :tongue::

800x451.jpg

And to finish up with a bang here's a video of the Ripster in action:

A quick summary of my thoughts regarding this model:

Because the tracks are powered by the RC motors directly this is THE fastest tracked model I ever had the pleasure of building. But that speed comes with a price, the model has problems steering on spot on surfaces with high friction such as carpets. Sudden acceleration on such surfaces with quite a heavy model like this (1,5 kg) can cause problems with tracks coming apart. For that reason this is a perfect vehicle for smooth surfaces or ice. It is also very good at drifting, though it takes a lot of coordination to control a tracked vehicle like this. Suspension is extremely durable, the wheels were originally held with frictionless pins, but that proved insufficient, so they were replaced by axles 5 with stops. After that upgrade I had zero issues with suspension and it proved to be very flexible, yet reliable. Biggest problem with the model is the cosmetic stuff, the V8 chains tend to slide off after a while at such high RPMs, the bunny likes to jump into oblivion and the front grill can fall apart when crashing into stuff. Oh and one last thing, ITS LOUD. Driving this on my floor sounds like machine gun fire, so I hope my neighbours wont file a complaint :laugh:.

At the end of the day even with its positives and negatives its a very fun model to drive around and that is all that matters.

I love this! It reminds me of a Mad Max-style vehicle. I'm happy you've been building again, you always make the coolest and wackiest things!

The dark blue color looks fantastic, intakes great contrast with the bright interior and adds a menacing look. 

I bet this was the most extravagant model at the toy fair :sweet:

Very cool, the suspension works very well, much better then I thought it would. Imagine what it would be like if you had it on trailing arms, it would float over everything.

2 minutes ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

I want instructions! How many throwbot wheels (at least I think that's what they are called) did you use?

probably 16 as in the pic. 

It is great vehicle judging by it's performance, and really nice rollcage you made
However the engines are too oversized for it, IMO. One would be enough, more care behind the scoop would also be great. 

This pretty awesome, it's like a mix between a ripsaw and an old challenger. Very clever build :thumbup:

19 hours ago, Zero (Zblj) said:

It is also very good at drifting

Cool! a tank that can drift!

Very cool MOC, it look great! (especially with 2 V8's :sweet:)

20 hours ago, HorcikDesigns said:

It is great vehicle judging by it's performance, and really nice rollcage you made
However the engines are too oversized for it, IMO. One would be enough, more care behind the scoop would also be great. 

Not sure the engines were meant to be taken very seriously.  At least how I saw this project, I think over the top was the name of the game

fabulous Zero - overkill is only a good suggestion about where to begin :D

Thank you for the very pozitive feedback everyone. I feel like I'm back in the game. Expect more stuff like this soon.

(hint, hint crawlify your set topic) :wink: