Current.

IMG_1861.JPG

Plasma GT3 Racer,

in the velocity racing garage work is being done on the Plasma GT3 car. they have after many tests and months the chassis is finished. the suspension tuning is good and steering works ok . the engine is a l motor producing 194.3 rpm and 9.07 ncm of torque. enjoy and comment your thoughts!!!

IMG_1803.JPG

Edited by Aventador2004

14 minutes ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

A very good start!Maybe you could add a dummy engine in the back? The seat does look kinda small...

The seat can be modded easily, however the motor is right underneath the reciever.

small update, i am not sure if i should leave this as a chassis, what do you think?.....

some futuristic bodywork will suit  better to name Plasma IMHO

...something inspired with this or this

On 07/05/2017 at 10:38 AM, Aventador2004 said:

this car is to prove that i have what it takes to build well.

If that's your motivation, then you're doing it wrong.

Build for yourself, pay no heed to a bunch of anonymous strangers on the Internet.

I'd say finish it off!  If you want to improve it'll be helpful to finish builds, including bodywork.  If you don't have enough to colour code just build it multi coloured and possibly do a bricklink order to get the extra pieces you need? Just a thought :classic:

6 hours ago, I_Igor said:

some futuristic bodywork will suit  better to name Plasma IMHO

...something inspired with this or this

Good ideas, I will try some designs like that.

4 hours ago, Captainowie said:

If that's your motivation, then you're doing it wrong.

Build for yourself, pay no heed to a bunch of anonymous strangers on the Internet.

It isn't all my motivation, I was inspired by @DugaldIC's gt3 car.

1 hour ago, DugaldIC said:

I'd say finish it off!  If you want to improve it'll be helpful to finish builds, including bodywork.  If you don't have enough to colour code just build it multi coloured and possibly do a bricklink order to get the extra pieces you need? Just a thought :classic:

I have extra parts to finish, I just was thinking I could make it modular and a chassis only part.

thanks @I_Igor, for those designs (i already had seen) they really inspired the rest of the build. here is the final-ish build, i will make small tweaks.

IMG_1861.JPG

IMG_1843.JPG

IMG_1850.JPG

enjoy, and tell me what you think!

6 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

thanks @I_Igor, for those designs (i already had seen) they really inspired the rest of the build. here is the final-ish build, i will make small tweaks.

enjoy, and tell me what you think!

based on small amount of parts used solution is very cool. My only complain (more to LEGO than you) is that not all can be in the same color perhaps in orange or purple or at least yellow - to demonstrate dynamic :thumbup:

2 hours ago, I_Igor said:

based on small amount of parts used solution is very cool. My only complain (more to LEGO than you) is that not all can be in the same color perhaps in orange or purple or at least yellow - to demonstrate dynamic :thumbup:

Yeah, I only had the 13x3 curved panels in green. The rest I can make red, but that color is overused. 

Just now, Aventador2004 said:

Yeah, I only had the 13x3 curved panels in green. The rest I can make red, but that color is overused. 

I agree red is used to often - my intension with images was dealing with shape. The same problem I have very often - example for Unimog I've spent 2-2.5 years searching proper orange parts (and 3 years for wheels in which I can implement small portal hubs). Purple color from 42069 set would be very interesting IMHO anyway...or some lime green *huh* 

What I don't like (in general) are holes in bodywork but always want to built technic model (generally they're lighter) and not model team model...despite some creations on Scale modeling subforum are great. :wink:

2 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

I agree red is used to often - my intension with images was dealing with shape. The same problem I have very often - example for Unimog I've spent 2-2.5 years searching proper orange parts (and 3 years for wheels in which I can implement small portal hubs). Purple color from 42069 set would be very interesting IMHO anyway...or some lime green *huh* 

What I don't like (in general) are holes in bodywork but always want to built technic model (generally they're lighter) and not model team model...despite some creations on Scale modeling subforum are great. :wink:

I wanted some holes so you could see underneath the bodywork, I think the gt3 rs is plagued by that. If you like more covered up bodywork it could easily be modded with the pile of panels left. The lime or orange would look cool with some white panels.

Edited by Aventador2004

I wanted some holes so you could see underneath the bodywork, I think the gt3 rs is plagued by that. If you like more covered up bodywork it could easily be modded with the pile of panels left.

then it could look like this (just an old example). I'm a bit different person - want to make as covered as possible with some characteristic functions of model. Important is to stand behind your decision

Just now, I_Igor said:

then it could look like this (just an old example). I'm a bit different person - want to make as covered as possible with some characteristic functions of model. Important is to stand behind your decision

I think I will put a removable all above the rear suspension. The front fender is still wip. The 7l beam is going to have a panel on it.

IMG_1850.JPG

I think I will put a removable all above the rear suspension. The front fender is still wip. The 7l beam is going to have a panel on it.

something like this?

(uf 400th post - I have to blew a candle :grin:)

Edited by I_Igor

10 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

No, just a 5x11 panel with pins attached.

I see - to make smooth line and to show some of the mechanic below bodywork :thumbup:

Just now, I_Igor said:

I see - to make smooth line and to show some of the mechanic below bodywork :thumbup:

Exactly.

Exactly.

then it is as closest to LEGO original philosophy when designing bigger Technic sets

Just now, I_Igor said:

then it is as closest to LEGO original philosophy when designing bigger Technic sets

The le mans car I made this from just not have used that rule, The Porsche did.

The le mans car I made this from just not have used that rule, The Porsche did.

I know. Question is only up to which level of openness will you go not to make yourself to complicated. From my pint of view just cover rear wheels and partly front part of car...

Just now, I_Igor said:

I know. Question is only up to which level of openness will you go not to make yourself to complicated. From my pint of view just cover rear wheels and partly front part of car...

That is the plan, almost to the point of self made stickers.

That is the plan, almost to the point of self made stickers.

when you're talking about stickers - you have to find out which foil suites LEGO plastic best. I've tried to make Bluetec 6 and round Mercedes star with orange ring sticker, but turned out that it was difficult to match color. This can be very tricky so be patient and consider that color on display is not like real thing...

Just now, I_Igor said:

when you're talking about stickers - you have to find out which foil suites LEGO plastic best. I've tried to make Bluetec 6 and round Mercedes star with orange ring sticker, but turned out that it was difficult to match color. This can be very tricky so be patient and consider that color on display is not like real thing...

I don't have any foil or supplies so I will save that for a special occasion.