CommanderGrimm

[ALTERNATE BUILD] Clone Turbo Tank Challenge

Upon receiving the 2016 Clone Turbo Tank I soon became curious of it's potential. I had seen rather negative reviews with the Tank as the subject matter, and soon became worried that I had made an unwise purchase. However, I happened upon BrickBros UK YouTube channel and soon thought of an idea. Perhaps I could turn this around. Using pieces from the Clone Turbo Tank I began work first on a Venator-Class Star Destroyer. Within a short period of time I became convinced that this particular vessel wouldn't work, so I decided to start over again and attempt a Pelta-Class Frigate due to the 2016 Rebel Combat Frigate being on my mind. Once finished and run out of plates I glared down upon my abomination and decided that I would rather see what Eurobricks may try.

So here I leave you with a quandary.

Imagine:

The Galactic Republic ordered a shipment of cruisers from Kuat-Drive Yards to be delivered to Coruscant. Upon arrival it became apparent that there had been some sort of misunderstanding: the shipment contained only Turbo-Tanks! Instead of succumbing to dread, republic engineers decided to use the parts from the tanks to construct the cruisers they had ordered.

Your Goal: (If you choose to accept it)

Construct an alternate vessel using ONLY parts from the 2016 Clone Turbo Tank. This can either be done in LDD or reality. Upon completion upload an image (or more) to this topic.

I suggest for the LDD creation that you use the following file:

Clone Turbo Tank

Sadly, due to my economic status there will be no prizes for a "winner." However, the best looking ship will most certainly join my fleet of Republic Vessels.

The following vessels would be appreciated:

+ Consular-Class Cruiser

+ Pelta-Class Frigate

+ Aquarius-Class Light-Cruiser

+ Acclamator-Class Frigate

+ Venator-Class Star Destroyer

I would share images of my failed attempt but I fear that its disturbing complexion my cause a disruption in your appetite or cause nausea. 

I thank you dearly for reading this long and rather odd post. I do hope that you attempt this challenge and post your own creation, whatever it may be! I wish you the best of luck, and may the alternate building begin!

When does this end.

Also do you have to use all the parts. Or can you build a micro scale version?

Edited by LEGORACER1

I like the concept of this contest, but I can't contribute because I don't have the set :/

Wait my bad there is an LDD choice, but building's no fun that way IMO

LEGORACER1: Since this is an informal challenge there is no end date. I simply want to see what people would make :)

Using all the parts would include having 10 giant wheels stuck to the ship. So no, wheeled starships are generally frowned upon :D

legofives: Before I even got the set I started building using LDD, painstakingly dragging piece to piece to piece, dreading accidentally deleting or copying by accident. I only included the LDD option because, well, not everyone has the set and also it would prevent people from having to rip apart their beloved Turbo Tanks.

Using only the pieces from the set, I have semi-successfully created a Pelta-Class frigate. The back of the ship is what I'm proud of, however, the rest of the ship is inaccurate and a consequence of running low on parts.

Here's my second attempt at the Pelta-Class. This time I went for a militarized version, complete with turrets and an attempt at the open-circle-fleet logo. Despite not being entirely proud of this version, it has a few improvements over the last. The top and bottom panels line up, and when opened there is plenty of room for troops. Instead of making a more accurate front I was forced to add the little cargo-area. The back flaps open and close, with engines all glowing blue. While it may not be the best alternate build, it's the best I could do. I look forward to seeing what others have to offer!

For the next alternate, what ship should I build?