Sign in to follow this  
Blondie-Wan

What did you build (or are you building) for May the Fourth?

I trust lots of people frequenting this forum made a point of having a bit of LEGO Star Wars fun on this day; I know I did! What special builds did everyone opt to do? Whether it's an official set you've had set aside for a special occasion or a MOC you've been working on today, let's hear about it!

Speaking for myself, I've long had a MISB copy of 10198 Tantive IV stored away, just waiting for the right moment, and I decided today was the day. I'm pleased to now have a fun, playable and remarkably sticker-free replica in brick of the very first Star Wars spaceship ever sitting on the table in front of me, and I'm delighted with it. Putting it together after watching Rogue One has made for a very satisfying Star Wars Day.

That's a great way to start off May 4th!

I managed to rush out @Raskolnikov MOC AT-AT, which I have been procrastinating for a while, in time for it to be displayed in public! It was a late few nights beforehand but hey, it's for May 4th! :laugh:

I am currently neck deep in building Jhaelon's minifigure scale AT-AT. It's been a slow going as I look for LBG parts as I continue building it. Feet and legs are done and I am about halfway done with the body. After that the head and undercarriage details. Hopefully another week or two to finish it.

Jhaelon's AT-AT https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-7540/jhaelego/minifig-scale-at-at-w-interior/

Although I have been wanting to make a better walking AT-AT than what Lego has produced. Here is my inspiration. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=BR&hl=pt&v=34tgu7ULkeM

Progress update:

33683317453_f837cf465e.jpg

Edited by Miro78

X-Wing Microfighter, lol! Well, I didnt build it, my son did. Bought it for the wee man from Tesco - was down to £5 odds.

I'm building a replica of @mortesv Imperial Class II Destroyer. It shouldn't be too difficult. So far I've collected 3 x minifig hands, so roughly only 6997 more pieces to go.

On a serious note, I'm building @anothergol incredible AT-ST (thanks very much mate). I've collected 92% of the pieces so technically I haven't started building yet, but I'm close!

Didn't get the rest of the parts until today, but I built a custom Green Squadron A-Wing using @TheNerdyOne_'s LDD file as a base. 

I'll take a better picture when I can get the lighting right. I also accidentally made a canon custom fig by putting a Duros head on the pilot. Turns out Green Two was a Duros called L'ulo L'ampar. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 hour ago, bataleon said:

On a serious note, I'm building @anothergol incredible AT-ST (thanks very much mate). I've collected 92% of the pieces so technically I haven't started building yet, but I'm close!

Making it stand is the not-so-fun part. Once you get it right though it does hold up surprisingly well.

10 hours ago, JDbricks said:

Currently building Krennic's Shuttle, really good set. 

Me too! Hope to finish it today.

On "Revenge of the Fifth" I was able to pick up a Clone Turbo Tank. Although I haven't actually built it yet, I've been messing around with the pieces, building (or attempting to build) various Clone-Wars era ships.