offroadcreations

[WIP][MOC] "Sinner" Supercar- Starting Instructions

Hello all,

Today I present my newest work in progress, the "Sinner" Supercar. Why is that the name, you ask? Well, it's due to the fact it doesn't have suspension, something I have seen on every other Technic supercar, which is a sin to the supercar builder community. :tongue: So this is going to be... different from all the others, to put it nicely. Here is what I have so far:

• Adjustable seats
  • Ackermann-like steering
  • Sariel's 4-speed sequential gearbox, which doesn't go in order because of the way I used it

So, I plan to add a body with an adjustable spoiler, opening doors and trunk to get to the engine.

Another thing, this is my first real attempt at a supercar, apart from my small Porsche and very bad Porsche racecar I built in about 1 day.

Here is a quick drawing of what I want the body to look like. The air intake on the side will be farther forward, and the front spoiler will be lower.

800x500.jpg

Here is what I have so far:

800x480.jpg800x480.jpg

Here are the adjustable seats:

800x480.jpg

Tell me what you think of it so far, what I should improve, and what else I should try to add!

Edited by Offroadcreat1ons
Topic name

If you can, try to mKe the seats lower. Also, in. A model of this size I think you could quite easily fit independent suspensions. The gearbox looks good, but you have a lot of wasted space between the chassis and the wheels. You could add a high/low switch to make your gearbox eight speeds, or some other contraption. 

'Good start!

Those wheels look too big for this car.

I want to rebuild 42000 some day with those red claas rims. Should look good on it.

Looks like a start however I agree with Meyers, a car this size you could easily have independent suspension (and I know you can make suspension :wink:). Also the front seats are far too forward and if you're going for realism the engine is too far back. Normally in mid engine Rwd the engine sits just Infront of the rear axle. Also if you could gear your connections between the gearbox and the wheels/engine it will be a lot stronger. Also for your gearbox have a look at 8880 as it's gears are in the correct order.  If you want a very well proportioned framework have a look at Didumos framework for his hammer head build. I hope these help, not trying to discourage just trying to help get you in the right direction :classic:. I believe this is your first attempt at a supercar?  I'm very curious to see how this turns out, if it turns out anything like your @Offroadcreat1onsit'll be great! 

Edited by DugaldIC

Agree with others. Repent of thy sin, my son, and add a suspension (keep the name though.....I'm on pretty cool name)  :grin:

Good start but I agree with the others, It's just begging for independent suspension.

Black and red color scheme = "Sinner" name. And there is plenty of space for suspension. It's just a car if it has no suspension. Supercar requires suspension in order to be super. :wink:

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 9:10 PM, Myers Lego Technic said:

If you can, try to mKe the seats lower. Also, in. A model of this size I think you could quite easily fit independent suspensions. The gearbox looks good, but you have a lot of wasted space between the chassis and the wheels. You could add a high/low switch to make your gearbox eight speeds, or some other contraption. 

'Good start!

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 3:40 AM, DugaldIC said:

Also the front seats are far too forward and if you're going for realism the engine is too far back. Normally in mid engine Rwd the engine sits just Infront of the rear axle.

Thank you both, I moved the engine 2 studs forward, and I will move the seats after redesigning the gearbox.

800x480.jpg

Looks like a start however I agree with Meyers, a car this size you could easily have independent suspension (and I know you can make suspension :wink:). Also the front seats are far too forward and if you're going for realism the engine is too far back. Normally in mid engine Rwd the engine sits just Infront of the rear axle. Also if you could gear your connections between the gearbox and the wheels/engine it will be a lot stronger. Also for your gearbox have a look at 8880 as it's gears are in the correct order.  If you want a very well proportioned framework have a look at Didumos framework for his hammer head build. I hope these help, not trying to discourage just trying to help get you in the right direction :classic:.

Thanks for all the suggestions! I tried the 8880 Gearbox, but I built it and I don't think it will work.

I believe this is your first attempt at a supercar?

Yes, except for my not-very-super small Porsche and very bad Porsche racecar I built in about 1 day.

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 11:15 PM, Jurss said:

Those wheels look too big for this car.

I want to rebuild 42000 some day with those red claas rims. Should look good on it.

I know, but I based it mostly off of this blueprint:906.pngThe final model may look a bit cartoonish, but I like that!

@nerdsforprez@JJ2 Ok, you and everyone else have inspired me to put in suspension. :classic: I will definitely keep the name.

800x480.jpg

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 10:20 AM, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Black and red color scheme = "Sinner" name. And there is plenty of space for suspension. It's just a car if it has no suspension. Supercar requires suspension in order to be super. :wink:

The color scheme is not final.

You were all right about suspension. It is a satisfying feeling to push down on it after working hard to finish it. :tongue:

Use gears to connect engine to transmission, and then You be able to move engine more forward, where it should be.

21 hours ago, Jurss said:

Use gears to connect engine to transmission, and then You be able to move engine more forward, where it should be.

Done! Thanks for the idea. The transmission shifts right now because I yet again put another one in! It's based off this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZYEQ0wW4cA

I don't want to move the seats, because the gear shifter (not yet installed) would be way too far back. Other than that, the Sinner's chassis is becoming "super" now!

800x480.jpg800x480.jpg800x480.jpg

2 hours ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

Done! Thanks for the idea.

OK, but as I see, engine is held only with axle on that end. That's not so good solution.

This is looking better, the sides could be secured width wise but I'm sure you still have plenty of bracing to do! Look forward to the bodywork :thumbup:, keep up the good work! 

8 hours ago, Jurss said:

OK, but as I see, engine is held only with axle on that end. That's not so good solution.

If you look closely in the second picture, there is a 5l beam attached, securing it in place on the other end of the engine.

2 hours ago, DugaldIC said:

This is looking better, the sides could be secured width wise but I'm sure you still have plenty of bracing to do! Look forward to the bodywork :thumbup:, keep up the good work! 

Thanks!

Ok, I will attempt this later. I haven't done it yet for fear of destroying the strength of the chassis, because I would have to take the beams on the top on each side of or shorten them to make this work. I also have a new center console.

800x480.jpg

A minor update, I wasn't able to move the seats, because the gearbox was in the way of one of them. The gearbox is working well, and I don't want to mess with it. The input axle runs directly under the seat, which can be seen here:

800x480.jpg

As long as the body of the car won't be also red, the interior is great, IMHO. Keep up good work! 
Personally, I would add bigger steering wheel, current one is too small

Edited by HorcikDesigns

4 hours ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

Also added steering:

Isn't steering wheel connected, or it is well hidden? If not connected, why?

2 hours ago, HorcikDesigns said:

Personally, I would add bigger steering wheel, current one is too small

Maybe this one?:

800x450.jpg800x450.jpg

I might add some black accents to the interior.

@Didumos69Thank you, but I ended up using a larger normal wheel.

@JurssIt is connected now, and I made a .gif (my first one:sweet:) to show it:

output_Lq2Ljf.gif

What time is it? Update time!

800x453.jpg800x453.jpg

I have started the bodywork, and IMO, it's looking good! I have used some triangles:

800x453.jpg

However, I'll have to do some more work on the engine bay...

800x453.jpg

... and the hood, front end, sides, doors, wheel arches...

So there is still a lot more work to be done.:classic:

Spelling