offroadcreations

[WIP][MOC] "Sinner" Supercar- Starting Instructions

7 hours ago, IA creations said:

Nice one :D Are those 3  19L black flex-axles ? Maybe make bigger taillights?

Thanks for the suggestion. There are only 2; the one one the back is 19L. I have started work on the agressive front end, tell me if you think it's cool or ugly. 800x452.jpg 

Looking good, nice shape for the roof. It kinda reminds me of a Gallardo (the side view at least)! 

Edited by DugaldIC

8 minutes ago, DugaldIC said:

Looking good, nice shape for the roof. It kinda reminds me of a Gallardo (the side view at least)! 

Thanks! That's funny, the original inspiration for the side was the window used on most Lamborghinis.

Image result for lamborghini side viewImage result for lamborghini side viewImage result for lamborghini side view

You can see how the window ends in a sharp angle near the back.

Original beam outline inspiration for this car: (Its been moved around a lot, so it has changed from the very beginning.
640x363.jpg

Some more work on the front end:

800x480.jpg

I have started work on the sides, I am working on getting a larger panel flush with a smaller one and opening. Currently every attempt is one or the other: It opens and isn't flush, or is flush and won't open right. So it needs some more work...

800x480.jpg

This is how the door has to be at an angle to look right. It rotates on the connector. This is one of the many things I've tried.

800x480.jpg

Edited by Offroadcreat1ons

16 hours ago, IA creations said:

Nice meshing between bodywork and doors :D

Thanks! All I have left is to create a hood of panels and then a BL order to get it looking just right. Then begins the long road of LDD file, test rebuild, and making other little changes along the way.

Some more outdoor photos:

800x493.jpg800x480.jpg800x480.jpg

I had to redo the front suspension, because it was very saggy and wouldn't bounce back. It works great now, though!

800x480.jpg

I also noticed, that it sadly resembles the IMO ugly front end of the Mitsuoka Orochi....

Image result for mitsuoka orochi

Nah, you're miles ahead of that... thing that is the Orochi. I'm thinking more like a Gumpert, or a Koenigsegg, or maybe a bit of bug eyed rally car. The headlights really need to look angry for a sportscar.

Also, fun fact: the Mitsuoka Orochi was designed by a blind man, which may or may not explain a lot.

It has everything a supercar needs. Suspension, steering, gearbox, mid-engine, HoG.and creative bodywork. Very nice end result! Even more so, given the short time span you needed from start to finisch.

In the beginning I wasn't convinced it would work out (due to the strange seat position), but it turns out pretty good, really. It's a bit short, but I like it.

On 22/05/2017 at 2:48 AM, DugaldIC said:

On 22/05/2017 at 3:07 AM, Offroadcreat1ons said:

Thanks! That's funny, the original inspiration for the side was the window used on most Lamborghinis.

Image result for lamborghini side view

thats funny, i'm building a galladro ?

@Didumos69@Saberwing40k Thanks for the nice comments!

22 hours ago, Erik Leppen said:

In the beginning I wasn't convinced it would work out (due to the strange seat position), but it turns out pretty good, really. It's a bit short, but I like it.

Thanks! When I started I was most worried about my building skill level. My goal was to finish, but I didn't know how well I would finish.

I have started the LDD file and may also make photo or LDD screenshot instructions. I was also wondering, if anyone would be interested in building this?

Some more chassis pics:

800x480.jpg800x480.jpg

So I was just about to start the photo instructions, and then I realized the gearbox is backward.

I thought of it according to the driving rings. So when the changeover catch is near what would be the number 2, it is actually in gear 1, because the driving ring is near the 1. I don't plan on fixing this, since I will explain how to shift it in the video.