Holy Grail: For sure: The RCX. It changed everything in my LEGO life. Came back from the dark ages in 1996 - we then moved from Germany to the US and then the Mindstorms 1.0 set materialized at Target in Tustin/CA. The box said #9719. A dream came true. Then the Scout Discovery Set #9735 and the MicroScout Droid Developer Kit #9748 appeared ... all these sets are my all time favorites.

Dream: The HiTechnic IR Link sensor (currently sold for half the original price) lets the NXT talk to/with RCX's/Scout's. The Scout talks natively to MicroScouts. I would love to see a sensor/interface to continue this continuations effort for upcoming PBricks including the EV varieties. LEGO is building across multiple themes, it is the heart of this "toy", as far as I am concerned. Why not trying this with the intelligent bricks as well. I know that there are some downsides with the link (range!) but that can be easily resolved.

Regret(s): None. I am >very< happy that LEGO is "safely" around, as it was when I got my first set #323 ... I sure hope this will continue to be like that till the end of time!

Regards,
Thorsten

holy grail: not really anything particular. I got 2x 41999 and sold them for profits, same with the enzo, power puller. A new Porsche for < 180€ maybe ;)

dream: lego offering parts packs of the small stuff in the main panel colors! (pins, bushes, axles), I didn't have enough of 43093 in black for my current motorcycle project, so I got one of the sets that have plenty on ebay just for those.

regrets: not buying the UCS millenium falcon when it was on the shelves and I had the money

Holy grail: Got most of the sets I want already, but I think Control Center 1 and 8448 in good condition are the ones.

Dream: A universal set with advanced mechanical models. Not anything wrong with vehicles, I know the Technic slogan "Technic as in reality", but it would be nice with sets like mechanical computers, clocks, other fascinating/complex contraptions, that really push the limits of what is possible in Technic. My work is related to programming, and I find it relaxing to play with something physical like Lego, and find solutions to problems in a mechanical way in stead of simple algorithms in a computer program. Saying that, Mindstorms is a great toy too, even it involves programming.

Regrets: Not buying the 8043 from the store before it was discontinued. I now own a secondhand set I had to pay a lot to get.

Edited by kolbjha

Holy grail: Not sure at the moment, pretty satisfied with what i've got already (near mint 8880, 8448, 8466, 8480, 8421 etc). An RC buggy set would be nice to make MOCs faster and more powerful.

Dream: 

7 hours ago, kolbjha said:

Dream: A universal set with advanced mechanical models. Not anything wrong with vehicles, I know the Technic slogan "Technic as in reality", but it would be nice with sets like mechanical computers, clocks, other fascinating/complex contraptions, that really push the limits of what is possible in Technic. My work is related to programming, and I find it relaxing to play with something physical like Lego, and find solutions to problems in a mechanical way in stead of simple algorithms in a computer program. Saying that, Mindstorms is a great toy too, even it involves programming.

Agreed. Some of the best sets are non-vehicle sets. Stuff like the X-Y plotter and robotic arm from Control Center 1, and how the B model of 8868 oscillates the pneumatic function, even though by modern standards their mechanics are rather simplistic. I also really enjoyed the days of the old un-geared motors that ran at multiple thousand rpm because they made for some impressive gear trains to drive mechanisms at low speed. I can see how it is not viable from a business point of view to make sets like that anymore though. The average 8-16 year old would rather a large truck to play with, even if it is mechanically uninspiring. I guess Dacta/Education and Mindstorms aspire to cover this area instead. Still, it would be nice to see TLG use the B-model instructions to create something wildly different instead of vehicle especially when the primary model is also a vehicle.

Regrets: Buying MISB medium size sets before collecting all the flagships - had to disassemble all the smaller sets to make room for the larger ones :p 

Edited by nbTMM

My turn ;)

Holy Grail - Mining excavator or the GT3 for good prices (and being so rich, that I could purchase 5 of them)

Dream - Maybe a 'builders box' of parts which would include many useful or rare pieces, much like the motor packs except that it could include a wide variety :wub:

Regret - Not being able to afford much lego, often times I can only afford to spend like $100 - $200 AUD each year on lego :3 Though, there's a paperboy job up for grabs

Edited by MattL600