6 hours ago, ColletArrow said:

Can anyone else see it or is it just me?

I can see it, but I don't know why it's so big.

How do I imbed YouTube videos? Or is this something only higher ranking members can do?

You can simply copy the URL and paste it into the new post box. 

All I did was paste 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45Cv0XFYaRM

Into the new post window.

I'm not sure what the new post window is and where it is. :sceptic:

Edited by LegoMonorailFan

4 hours ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

I'm not sure what the new post window is and where it is. :sceptic:

I think it's just the box where you make your post/comment, so where I am typing right now. You can just paste the link and it turns into a video for you - no hassle at all.

On ‎07‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 10:33 PM, ColletArrow said:

Currently in the train tech forum, the 'ask here' special red tag on the general help topic extends all the way across my screen, on both my laptop and phone.

Sorry to sound impatient, but this issue hasn't been resolved. It isn't a major issue, but I find it irritating. Is anyone looking into it?

The box you type a reply into. 

I got that video into my post by pasting the URL from youtube as part of my reply.

3 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

The box you type a reply into. 

I got that video into my post by pasting the URL from youtube as part of my reply.

Strange, It doesn't turn into a video when I do it.

4 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

What browser are you using? It works fine on Chrome.

Silk. Maybe I should consider Chrome or Firefox.

On 2017-05-11 at 0:23 PM, ColletArrow said:

Sorry to sound impatient, but this issue hasn't been resolved. It isn't a major issue, but I find it irritating. Is anyone looking into it?

Fixed for you. Can't say I like how the tags behave since the latest update.

How do I contact the Eurobricks staff about merging one of my topics with another similar topic?

Here are the topics in question:

- Edit: removed merged topic -

Merging into:

Edited by mocbuild101

8 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

How do I contact the Eurobricks staff about merging one of my topics with another similar topic?

This thread works, sometimes a member will report their own post with the comment asking to merge with the other.

Hy Guys,

I have a very strange problem: I suddenly be unable to insert images with "Insert other media" - "Insert Image from URL". When I try so, the box just gets a red border and nothing happens. When copying the link directly in the box where I write my post, I get following Error message: "The link could not be embedded because there is no image at that URL."

This is definitely wrong! There are jpg-pictures behind the links. For example this link: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tmctiger/LLayout/Plans/alternativeLayout/WIP/bridge/small/small_img_0045.jpg

If you click on the link, you'll see it works perfectly, just the board software doesn't recognize it anymore?!

Btw.: inserting images always worked for me just fine.

I noticed the problem when posting an update in my WIP - Layout thread:

As you can also see in this thread, inserting images always worked fine.

I am now a little helpless and have no idea what I can do that this works again for me.

Additional information: no recent changes to my computer system, I am using Firefox 53.0.2. (64bit) on a Windows 7 ultimate.

I hope someone can help me or give me a hint how to fix this.

Thanks in advance and BR,

Guenther

I have no idea why that is happening, but for the moment you can just drag the image from the linked page into the post like this:

You can see that it works like that! (I resized the full size image down to 500px wide)

small_img_0046.jpg

Edited by mocbuild101

9 hours ago, tmctiger said:

This is definitely wrong! There are jpg-pictures behind the links. For example this link: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tmctiger/LLayout/Plans/alternativeLayout/WIP/bridge/small/small_img_0045.jpg

There appears to be no image, i only get an error message. Might be a brickshelf problem.

Not Found

The requested URL /gallery/tmctiger/LLayout/Plans/alternativeLayout/WIP/bridge/small/small_img_0045.jpg was not found on this server.

17 minutes ago, Darkdragon said:

Might be a brickshelf problem.

I think it is, I use Bricksafe and it has no problems at all.

Strange, the link works for me. And as mocbuild101 said, I did the same to copy and paste.

On 12/05/2017 at 11:42 PM, LegoMonorailFan said:

Silk. Maybe I should consider Chrome or Firefox.

Silk means you are on Kindle right? On Kindle youtube links load as m.youtube.com, which won't work here.

You have to click the share button on the YouTube video and copy and paste the link here. That should work.

12 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

I think it is, I use Bricksafe and it has no problems at all.

Yesterday your link did the same thing. Now I can see yours embedded in the post and @LegoMonorailFan link now works but isn't showing up as embedded.

Hi Guys,

17 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

I have no idea why that is happening, but for the moment you can just drag the image from the linked page into the post like this:

You can see that it works like that! (I resized the full size image down to 500px wide)

small_img_0046.jpg

But this is then equal to uploading an image directly to Eurobricks? And then it is under the constraint of 0.08MB total upload per post? Am I right.

15 hours ago, Darkdragon said:

There appears to be no image, i only get an error message. Might be a brickshelf problem.

Hmm, this is strange since I can see the image behind the link, even when I am not logged into Brickshelf.

2 hours ago, Darkdragon said:

Yesterday your link did the same thing. Now I can see yours embedded in the post and @LegoMonorailFan link now works but isn't showing up as embedded.

That is even more strange. It seems that other people can embed the image behind the link, just I can't *huh*:sceptic: ...

I just tried to add an (older) image to this post (an older image I already linked successfully in Eurobricks (http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tmctiger/LLayout/Plans/alternativeLayout/WIP/ballast/small/small_img_9300.jpg) an it still doesn't work. Also the newer ones still don't work.

I have now tried to insert the images as I always did with the "Insert other media" button and dropping the link just plain into the text box ... it didn't work anymore for me :cry_sad:

I don't believe this is a Brickshelf problem, since linking these images in other forums (1000steine.de and doktor-brick.de) just works fine.

It seems to also make problems at doktor_brick.de: for me it works fine there, but some random users also can't see the images, other user on the other hand can see them ... thats very very strange. Perhaps something went wrong during the Brickshelf migration to another hoster?

Has anyone contact to the Brickshelf guys so that they be aware of the problems?

BR, Guenther

Edited by tmctiger

2 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Silk means you are on Kindle right? On Kindle youtube links load as m.youtube.com, which won't work here.

You have to click the share button on the YouTube video and copy and paste the link here. That should work.

WOW! Thank you so much man! I'm almost always here on mobile so I didn't no how to embed YouTube videos that way! Thanks again!

31 minutes ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

WOW! Thank you so much man! I'm almost always here on mobile so I didn't no how to embed YouTube videos that way! Thanks again!

No problem, I use Silk sometimes too haha :classic:

32 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

No problem, I use Silk sometimes too haha :classic:

Yea, Android and Microsoft is my thing.