You can mitigate some of the man in the middle intercepting the unencrypted login risks by not using your EB login password anywhere else.

In the Manage Followed Content section, I'm trying to change the frequency of followed content notifications from immediate to weekly, but it won't change. :def_shrug:

Is this only enabled when you reach a certain post count?

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

In the Manage Followed Content section, I'm trying to change the frequency of followed content notifications from immediate to weekly, but it won't change. :def_shrug:

Try selecting (tick the boxes) the content that you want to change (if you want to change all followed content, just select the box at the top of the page - but you will have to do this for every page), then click the little bell symbol at the bottom of your screen to change them.  

5 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Is this only enabled when you reach a certain post count?

No, it is available as soon as you join (after 1 post).

17 minutes ago, mocbuild101 said:

Try selecting (tick the boxes) the content that you want to change (if you want to change all followed content, just select the box at the top of the page - but you will have to do this for every page), then click the little bell symbol at the bottom of your screen to change them.  

No, it is available as soon as you join (after 1 post).

OK, thanks, but I particularly was trying to change the frequency of notifications of followed members' content. While it worked for topics, the same can't be said for followed members. No bell at the bottom shows up like you mentioned. :def_shrug:

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

OK, thanks, but I particularly was trying to change the frequency of notifications of followed members' content.

I checked it, and you are right - it seems like you can only have immediate notifications.

Not sure why that is, but I don't think that it is because it's not working

Just now, mocbuild101 said:

I checked it, and you are right - it seems like you can only have immediate notifications.

Not sure why that is, but I don't think that it is because it's not working

:sceptic: 

Alright, thanks, I thought it was just me. But its strange the preference option is shown as if it's workable. Perhaps its a glitch?

Just a couple of questions I can now answer:

On ‎1‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 10:32 PM, McWaffel said:

Does anyone know how to delete attachments? As in free up space for new attachments to upload?

You have to go to the post you have used it in, end then edit it out. You can go directly to the posts from "my attachments".

On ‎26‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 6:56 AM, tmctiger said:

-- copied and pasted image --

But this is then equal to uploading an image directly to Eurobricks? And then it is under the constraint of 0.08MB total upload per post? Am I right.

No, it isn't. It doesn't appear in "my attachments", so it isn't an upload. 

On 16/6/2017 at 5:40 AM, dr_spock said:

You can mitigate some of the man in the middle intercepting the unencrypted login risks by not using your EB login password anywhere else.

Maybe, but most likely very few if any as MITM attacks can be done even where SSL is used, the overriding reason to use SSL these days is unfortunately to use it so your rankings in search engines aren't affected and also to instill confidence in not so tech. savy members that use the site in question, security isn't really a factor anymore.

Also there is no real argument for not having an SSL cert. these days, they can be gotten for free by using let's encrypt and even if you had to pay they are very cheap.

On a personal note I was a bit surprised when signing up to see no SSL cert. especially as part of such a big community, maybe it's in the works, if so great.

Sorry, maybe wrong thread and stupid question, but I didn´t found any hints by search and browsing through the help-themes.

How can I relpy to an special post? Someone did in my post and i like to answer. There is a box in the beginning of his post with the "@" sign and the username. I got also a notification when the other user answered to my own post. How can I create this "@-username" box?

BTW, the links on the "new meber section - please read before starting" Thread bring you back to the same thread, not very helpfull :-(

Many thanks in advance for your help with such a neebie-question

25 minutes ago, BrickMusher said:

Sorry, maybe wrong thread and stupid question, but I didn´t found any hints by search and browsing through the help-themes.

How can I relpy to an special post? Someone did in my post and i like to answer. There is a box in the beginning of his post with the "@" sign and the username. I got also a notification when the other user answered to my own post. How can I create this "@-username" box?

BTW, the links on the "new meber section - please read before starting" Thread bring you back to the same thread, not very helpfull :-(

Many thanks in advance for your help with such a neebie-question

Assuming one is not restricted because of post count, (new member: 1-9, vassal:10-99, etc.) all you have to do is press the "@" button and then (whithout pressing "space") type the user's name in. A box should pop up with a list of users. Click on the user name you wish to mention and your done! It'll look like this. @BrickMusher. You can try it with my user name. Simply type @LegoMonorailFan.

Just now, BrickMusher said:

@LegoMonorailFan

okay, Thank you. Maybe it was yust the Space-button that makes the difference. Now it works!

Very helpfull indeed.

Thank You again for help and have a nice day.

Best Regards

Glad I could help! Anytime.

A little bit of a stupid question, but about how many months after a topic is posted is it appropriate to still comment. As to not topic bump. I have a couple topic posts dating back three or four months I never had the chance to respond to all the comments.

Just now, Brandon Stark said:

A little bit of a stupid question, but about how many months after a topic is posted is it appropriate to still comment. As to not topic bump. I have a couple topic posts dating back three or four months I never had the chance to respond to all the comments.

I don't think you need to worry about months, it's only really if they are more than a year old.

I don't think you need to worry about months, it's only really if they are more than a year old.

Thank you for the fast reply.

By the way, how do you quote a comment from different thread? I've seen users do this in a form that embeds the thread into their comment, but specifically linked to a particular comment from the thread.

3 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

By the way, how do you quote a comment from different thread? I've seen users do this in a form that embeds the thread into their comment, but specifically linked to a particular comment from the thread.

In the top-right corner of every post, there is a tiny symbol you can click to get the link to that post.

All you need to do is copy-paste that link in your post, and it will come up automatically.

In the top-right corner of every post, there is a tiny symbol you can click to get the link to that post.

All you need to do is copy-paste that link in your post, and it will come up automatically.

OK, thanks a lot! :thumbup: I was tinkering around with an embedded topic thinking there was a way to focus the embed on a particular post, but it's much easier than I thought.

13 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

OK, thanks a lot! :thumbup: I was tinkering around with an embedded topic thinking there was a way to focus the embed on a particular post, but it's much easier than I thought.

One thing I forgot to mention: If you want to quote a post from another topic - but want it to come up like a normal quote - all you need to do is quote it in the original topic, and copy/paste it in the other post - in the other topic.

On 28/6/2017 at 5:21 AM, Brandon Stark said:

On 28/6/2017 at 6:17 AM, mocbuild101 said:

The correct answer is a few months... But that also depends on what you want to post. Bumping an old post to add something constructive to a discussion will always be ok, if the topic of the discussion is still valid. Bumping an old post just to say "great!" or "I like it" or "Can I get the instructions free?" will always not be ok. :wink:

8 hours ago, Bob De Quatre said:

The correct answer is a few months... But that also depends on what you want to post. Bumping an old post to add something constructive to a discussion will always be ok, if the topic of the discussion is still valid. Bumping an old post just to say "great!" or "I like it" or "Can I get the instructions free?" will always not be ok. :wink:

I am aware of that, but I was asking because I wanted to respond to the comments made on my own topic post. Would the same rules apply, or are there exceptions?

8 hours ago, Brandon Stark said:

I am aware of that, but I was asking because I wanted to respond to the comments made on my own topic post. Would the same rules apply, or are there exceptions?

I think it's OK to post a response to comments that are 3-4 months old.  Expectations for topic bumping are found here, which is linked in the Site Guidelines.

4 hours ago, Phred said:

I think it's OK to post a response to comments that are 3-4 months old.  Expectations for topic bumping are found here, which is linked in the Site Guidelines.

Thanks. That really helped.