Sign in to follow this  
shotgunmcos

I'm Batman

OK I'm not but you had to check right ? 

I'm Mike, from Ireland. I was a LEGO kid. Classic space and city. Life then intervened for about 20 years until I stumbled upon instructions to the LEGO Technic test car 8865 from 1988. I knew I must still have the pieces. Aha my Dad's attic. Found a big box of old LEGO! You know, white,  black, yellow, grey, red and blue. That was it! No stickers back then!

That was last summer. I've since bought a pile of sets but only built a couple. Tiny kids stuff and Duplo rules the space at the moment. My favourite builds of the few I've built are a Bricklinked JK Brickwork's Sisyphus Kinetic Sculpture and the Mini Cooper. Although I have the Porsche and GBHQ stored away and went for the Sandcrawler over the Slave 1 as my first SW UCS. I still like to play with LEGO so an ornament is low down my priority list. 

I tend to go for the bigger Technic cars, Star Wars, Ideas, Creator Expert, City and Ghostbusters.  I have some really really old Road Base plates and watching the likes of Jangbricks etc has inspired me to build my own city some day. Not to that scale though. I have a baby and toddler in the house so that Project will just be in planning for a while. I'd love to have time to build more and create MOCs but that will come as the kids get older and we build stuff together.

This is my go to resource for all things LEGO and think it is an excellent forum! 

Hello folks ?

On 5/1/2017 at 6:05 PM, shotgunmcos said:

OK I'm not but you had to check right ? 

I'm Mike, from Ireland. I was a LEGO kid. Classic space and city. Life then intervened for about 20 years until I stumbled upon instructions to the LEGO Technic test car 8865 from 1988. I knew I must still have the pieces. Aha my Dad's attic. Found a big box of old LEGO! You know, white,  black, yellow, grey, red and blue. That was it! No stickers back then!

That was last summer. I've since bought a pile of sets but only built a couple. Tiny kids stuff and Duplo rules the space at the moment. My favourite builds of the few I've built are a Bricklinked JK Brickwork's Sisyphus Kinetic Sculpture and the Mini Cooper. Although I have the Porsche and GBHQ stored away and went for the Sandcrawler over the Slave 1 as my first SW UCS. I still like to play with LEGO so an ornament is low down my priority list. 

I tend to go for the bigger Technic cars, Star Wars, Ideas, Creator Expert, City and Ghostbusters.  I have some really really old Road Base plates and watching the likes of Jangbricks etc has inspired me to build my own city some day. Not to that scale though. I have a baby and toddler in the house so that Project will just be in planning for a while. I'd love to have time to build more and create MOCs but that will come as the kids get older and we build stuff together.

This is my go to resource for all things LEGO and think it is an excellent forum! 

Hello folks ?

Welcome! Glad to here about your break free from your dark ages.

Edited by LegoMonorailFan