TitusV

[V - C] The Beggar-King

On 2017-5-10 at 2:01 PM, soccerkid6 said:

Tremendous collection of builds!

The Beggar King model certainly sets things off on a good start. Excellent composition coupled with highly detailed buildings and superb photography makes for a beautiful scene :wub: The way you handled the tower top is quite neat, with the wooden platform being a great finishing touch :thumbup:

Moving inside, your stone texture is effective in every build, but is especially showcased in the High Council MOC. The chairs fit perfectly in the scene, and I like the little touch of having the maps held at an angle in the shelf :thumbup: Great use of that door design, I haven't seen it used in a while! That fireplace grate is one the best I've seen too.

It's really interesting to see Mitgardian style architecture set in Nocturnus, but it fits pretty well! As I noted on flickr, the curving walkway is a super clever design :thumbup: Tremendous work incorporating the building into the landscape there :wub:

The Grand Griffon must be one of your biggest buildings yet? Quite an elegant inn that features not only plenty of beautiful tudor, but also quite a complex layout :wub:

Really nifty ruins for Nocturnus United, and the way you rotated sections of rock makes for quite a dynamic scene :thumbup:

While small, the Kaliphlin setting is nicely done, particularly the oil pit.

Quest to Eolas is my favorite build of the series. Such a picturesque setting, and some superb buildings on top! Very effective use of multiple shades of green.

So sad to see Larsson die in the struggle, but Mitgardia will surely remember him. You did very well capturing the look of a Norse temple, and the light effects through the windows set the tone well for the scene.

All in all, an incredibly strong showcase of your builds :excited:

Wow, so much praise! :blush: 

though I looked very well at ZC's build, the top of that tower was still very hard, so I'm glad you think it turned out well.

Though it is in no way the biggest or most fancy build of my entry, it must be one of my favoured. That chairs are completely your design however :wink:

Yes, you noticed the fireplace grate (I knew you would)!!! The detail I probably like the most of my whole entry :grin: 

Great to see that you like to see your own buildings in a different surrounding.

Yes, it is defenitely my largest build to date. I concede it looks complexer then it is though.

The rockwork was a bit of an experiment, but it's nice to see that you think it turned out well.

:blush: Glad you like it!

The temple was inspired by some BeLUG-friends who went to Norway. Since I'm a bit in love with that country, it felt like a great excuse to build a stave church :wink: 

Thank you Soccerkid!!!