Sign in to follow this  
LittleJohn

The Katoren Struggle: Ch. 3: Dire Tidings

Another fun build for the ABC’s of Castle, over on Classic-Castle, as well as a Kaliphlin free-build. This one is ‘Courtyard’, for ‘C’. I wanted to try experimenting with color a bit in this build, as often times the Mediterranean style builds I see do so to great effect. It was especially inspired by the works of Robuko.

It's been a while since I've finally gotten around to continuing my Katoren story-line, due to other commitments, but here's another installment. Check out the previous chapters:
Secretive Plans
Bandit Camp at Kharab Fortress

"Sir! Sir! Urgent Message from the southern outpost! A sudden attack from the desert king forces leaves us in dire need of support. I was scarcely able to slip through the siege lines of the desert king, to deliver this message from Captain Temas."

Close.jpg

"How could it be?! Responded Qalaq from under his white turban. That outpost is only known about by loyal supporters of the High Council, and is almost impossible to find!"

"A important question, Qalaq,  that we must find the answer to. it shall have to wait, however; now we must make haste to gather our forces and lend aid to Captain Temas, before the fortress falls and the men are captured. I'll send my messengers to gather troops and supplies, and we'll leave before sunset. Messenger, thank you for your work. Now go to my room, clean up, and then get some sleep. You have to be exhausted."

IMG_5116.jpg

"Thank you, sir, indeed I am. But be sure to wake me before you leave; I'll not be found here sleeping while my fellow friends battle for their lives."

"Very well, I shall do so. But come now, we've much to do, let us not waste any more time talking here!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some overview pictures of the build:

IMG_5105.jpg

IMG_5120.jpg
I would like to claim UoP credits for:
General Building - mosaics, stained glass, or complex SNOTted floor designs. History (3 of 3)

Lots more pictures on Brickbuilt.
Thanks for looking, C&C welcome :classic:

Edited by LittleJohn

It's been too long we got a new chapter in your story, but this is excellent! I really like the courtyard-feeling you created, and though I feel the water could have a bit more life to it the sand green defenitely works well! :thumbup: 

This is a great little scene.  I like the architecture and the color palette of the courtyard.  The figures are nicely done also.  great job.

Man, your kaliphin stuff just keeps getting better :thumbup: The colour scheme is perfect for a pool enviroment and they work perfectly together. Great story too :classic:

As I said on Flickr, this is a really great build, especially with that pool in the middle!  But the floor pattern looks pretty fantastic too and great job on the distinctive architectural style! :thumbup:   Your builds just keep getting better and better!

Very nice build, LJ! I love the way the colors work together, particularly the sand green with the dark blue. The lime green vines are the only part I do not love, since they upset the color aesthetic of the rest. The arches, dome, and especially the floor more than make up for that small complaint, though. 

:wub: Wonderful color-scheme here, LJ, and excellent architecture as usual too! :classic:  You've got some really neat figs here as well - overall a superb build!  Keep it up! 

Beautiful work LJ, especially with those arches and the floor. But we all know the the desert king will prevail in his objectives... :devil:

Hey great build here! Impressive how well those colours go together, nice mosaic on the floor and hey, I didn't know about this story of yours, LJ! In fact, the 2 previous chapters date back to before I joined here. I'd seen those builds before, but so much nicer knowing that they're connected by the story, which, by the way, sounds like an intriguing one so far ^^

Such beautiful architecture and colors, LJ!

The mosaics and tile patterns on the floor and the walls really add some nice detail to the scene!  The pool is the perfect splash of contrast color and is neatly built.  Your figs are perfectly Kaliphlin-esque and fit marvelously with your architecture style!

You really have gotten good at incorporating mosaics, and unusual colors into your builds :thumbup: I like the gold ski poles as tiny minarets, and the water technique gives a nice still water look for the pool :classic:

Excellent!  This is exactly what I imagined Kaliphlin to look like.  Very Mediterranean feel to it.  The mosiacs and the water in the pool look great!  Love the story, too!