Sign in to follow this  
The Maestro

Druids Perch

34199329821_647a070352_z.jpg

34289207116_4db7171aeb_z.jpg

Built in another age this hut was the home of a powerful druid who preferred to study high above the ground.

So not to long ago (a year today to be exact) I posted my first Moc online (that primitive thing in the spoiler). Anyway its been a pretty good year and I am impressed by how much I have improved thanks to you guys.  So I hope you like this new updated version better than the first (if you don't I guess it means I have failed? :look: ). I changed up the base and although the rock work ain't the best it works :p I added some leans so it was closer to the original plan and I used a net for the second time in the roof.. The trees and mediocre. Overall I thinks its half decent and beats the original by a slim margin. 

so thanks for a good year and keep the C&C flowin :thumbup:

Spoiler

33906386430_9ce8965ccc_z.jpg

Here is the original version.

Edited by The Maestro

The fact that you thinks "it beats the original by a slim margin" prooves that you're evlving into the direction of a great builder! Keep it up!

Also, a very cool MOC :wink: 

This is just wonderful.   Love the rockwork and the hut itself is nicely constructed.  Really like the door and the roof.

Excellent build!  Those slanting walls are great, as is the roof and rock-work, and I definitely think it's a great improvement over the original (though that druid must have had a good head to avoid getting giddy up there! :grin::laugh:  Looking forward to where you go this next year - keep it up! :classic:

Some angles you've got going here!  Great work, that curvy pole holding up the walkway (to nowhere? :laugh: ) is really cool and so is the rockwork!

I find there to be a tremendous improvement between the two, if only because of the improvement in the rockwork. That looks astonishingly better. The texturing, the angled walls, and the plants below are all also a noticeable improvement. Keep up the great work!

you can definitely see the improvement, well done, keep it up! ^^

On 5/1/2017 at 6:20 AM, TitusV said:

The fact that you thinks "it beats the original by a slim margin" prooves that you're evlving into the direction of a great builder! Keep it up!

Also, a very cool MOC :wink: 

Ha Thanks Titus.

On 5/1/2017 at 11:39 AM, zoth33 said:

This is just wonderful.   Love the rockwork and the hut itself is nicely constructed.  Really like the door and the roof.

Thank you Zoth

On 5/2/2017 at 2:12 AM, Kai NRG said:

Some angles you've got going here!  Great work, that curvy pole holding up the walkway (to nowhere? :laugh: ) is really cool and so is the rockwork!

Don't worry, it goes somewhere, I just ran out of brown tiles :tongue:

On 5/2/2017 at 3:06 AM, Henjin_Quilones said:

I find there to be a tremendous improvement between the two, if only because of the improvement in the rockwork. That looks astonishingly better. The texturing, the angled walls, and the plants below are all also a noticeable improvement. Keep up the great work!

Thanks you Henjin.

On 5/3/2017 at 9:23 AM, en_zoo said:

you can definitely see the improvement, well done, keep it up! ^^

I sure will try to :thumbup:

On 5/2/2017 at 1:14 AM, Garmadon said:

Excellent build!  Those slanting walls are great, as is the roof and rock-work, and I definitely think it's a great improvement over the original (though that druid must have had a good head to avoid getting giddy up there! :grin::laugh:  Looking forward to where you go this next year - keep it up! :classic:

Thank you Garmadon, and I am sure he does. I would never have the gut to live in a place like that :sick:

Always fun to see old MOCs re imagined, and you can definitely see improvement between the two :thumbup:

The rockwork is really impressive, and it's pretty crazy to see the house balanced on just 2 studs :look:

Very nice build.  The plaster work on the front of the house is great!  How did you get that house to balance there on just two studs worth of support?  That's crazy!

On 2017-5-9 at 8:15 AM, soccerkid6 said:

Always fun to see old MOCs re imagined, and you can definitely see improvement between the two :thumbup:

The rockwork is really impressive, and it's pretty crazy to see the house balanced on just 2 studs :look:

Thanks you SK, and yeah, it was a bit difficult to get it to balance (the house actually only sits on one stud, and the path is not connected to the house) :tongue:

On 2017-5-10 at 4:06 PM, Grover said:

Very nice build.  The plaster work on the front of the house is great!  How did you get that house to balance there on just two studs worth of support?  That's crazy!

Thanks Grover, I don't know, maybe it was magic :devil:

That's really cool and different! Not good in an earthquake but cool :)  Must have been tricky trying to get it to stay in place. I would have been good if you had built another rock jutting out that the walkway/bridge connects too but that's a small niggle. Nice work :)