Green Abyss is a town hidden deep in the swamps of the Moruth. A haven for refugees and criminals alike, this town's populace asks very little questions and hate's the authority of both the spire and the resistance. 

Another freebuild..thanks for stopping in and happy building! To see detail shots, head on over to my flickr page.

34097336222_75e6c912c1_b.jpg

34097335842_f8b7815285_b.jpg

That's alot, and alot, and alot of dk green bricks :grin:

The trees are excellent, and great swamp bushes :thumbup: The wooden rickety feel is fantastic and as on all your mocs the detail is mind blowing and gives off a very clustered, messy, swampy atmosphere. Fantastic moc. 

It's great to finally see the completed version posted, and you have outdone yourself sir. 

Only the amount of dk green bricks is mind-blowing, but you used every single one of them to create a swampy atmosphere as only you can. The vegetation is great, and I really like your little vegetable garden :tongue: 

Please keep up the good work!

Really impressive. I like how the buildings blend in with the (really gorgeous) vegetation. Beautiful work. Swamps can hardly look more scenic :classic:

This is excellent.  The huts are great.  I love the lamps and the walkways.  The landscaping is incredible especially with the green water.  The action with all the figs is awesome.  There is so much going on I just love it man. 

Wow!  So neat to see a "everyday life" scene like this... lovely huts, trees - even a little garden and a captured alligator!  The orcs going about their business on little rafts add so much!  Great job on the curving rockway off toward the right!  Enjoyed seeing the different sections on Flickr, too! :thumbup: 

Awesome! I saw this over on Flickr and drooled over it there, but it is equally nice here. So much dark green! Your round hut design is superb, and I love the roofs. As others have said, the daily life scenes really make the whole thing work; this is a town living its life. 

Awesome build! Impeccable swamp style as usual [I'm in love with the trees..] and really interesting architecture for the huts - crazy roofs and they don't look that easy to build, given the rounded shape and the natural-looking effect you achieved by overlapping the tiles of the boardwalks. Inspiring. :thumbup:

.. love the surfacing croco (head)! :laugh:

Really a tremendous build :wub: The ramshackle wooden look, crazy layout, and swampy atmosphere make this a perfect orc habitation :thumbup: The various walkways/ladders are very well designed and I love those trees :classic:

Top quality moc, with far to many lovely details to see even after a third view. Nice inclusion of the classic hollow tree, and that is a shed load of dark green. 

Lovely.

Very cool.  I like it a lot.  I don't know how you found so many dark green bricks, but I wish I had that many!  This is an example of why I liked the old brown rather than the new reddish-brown, though.  I find the old brown more realistic and I think that the red really comes out in the new bricks here.  Not a knock against your build or anything, just wish Lego had stuck to the brown.  I like the round huts and I really get the swamp feel from the build.  Awesome job!

On 4/30/2017 at 0:09 AM, The Maestro said:

That's alot, and alot, and alot of dk green bricks :grin:

The trees are excellent, and great swamp bushes :thumbup: The wooden rickety feel is fantastic and as on all your mocs the detail is mind blowing and gives off a very clustered, messy, swampy atmosphere. Fantastic moc. 

Thank you Maestro!

On 4/30/2017 at 1:23 PM, TitusV said:

It's great to finally see the completed version posted, and you have outdone yourself sir. 

Only the amount of dk green bricks is mind-blowing, but you used every single one of them to create a swampy atmosphere as only you can. The vegetation is great, and I really like your little vegetable garden :tongue: 

Please keep up the good work!

I'm all over it Titus, Thanks!

On 4/30/2017 at 3:32 PM, Littleworlds said:

Really impressive. I like how the buildings blend in with the (really gorgeous) vegetation. Beautiful work. Swamps can hardly look more scenic :classic:

Thanks LW

On 4/30/2017 at 6:35 PM, zoth33 said:

This is excellent.  The huts are great.  I love the lamps and the walkways.  The landscaping is incredible especially with the green water.  The action with all the figs is awesome.  There is so much going on I just love it man. 

Thanks Zoth, I appreciate it!

On 5/1/2017 at 7:57 AM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Those green waters ... sigh ... just lovely!

Thought you would love blue waters more, Thanks!

On 5/1/2017 at 9:41 AM, Kai NRG said:

Wow!  So neat to see a "everyday life" scene like this... lovely huts, trees - even a little garden and a captured alligator!  The orcs going about their business on little rafts add so much!  Great job on the curving rockway off toward the right!  Enjoyed seeing the different sections on Flickr, too! :thumbup: 

Thanks Kai!

On 5/1/2017 at 9:59 AM, Henjin_Quilones said:

Awesome! I saw this over on Flickr and drooled over it there, but it is equally nice here. So much dark green! Your round hut design is superb, and I love the roofs. As others have said, the daily life scenes really make the whole thing work; this is a town living its life. 

That was the goal, Thanks Henjin, I'm glad you enjoyed seeing a peaceful (ish) build.

On 5/1/2017 at 1:58 PM, Umbra-Manis said:

Excellent work blufiji! The platforms with all their loose planks and that dark green water: :drool:

Thanks Umbra!

On 5/1/2017 at 2:17 PM, en_zoo said:

Awesome build! Impeccable swamp style as usual [I'm in love with the trees..] and really interesting architecture for the huts - crazy roofs and they don't look that easy to build, given the rounded shape and the natural-looking effect you achieved by overlapping the tiles of the boardwalks. Inspiring. :thumbup:

.. love the surfacing croco (head)! :laugh:

Thanks sir!

On 5/6/2017 at 8:19 AM, soccerkid6 said:

Really a tremendous build :wub: The ramshackle wooden look, crazy layout, and swampy atmosphere make this a perfect orc habitation :thumbup: The various walkways/ladders are very well designed and I love those trees :classic:

Thanks SK!

On 5/7/2017 at 3:03 PM, cablefoxley said:

Top quality moc, with far to many lovely details to see even after a third view. Nice inclusion of the classic hollow tree, and that is a shed load of dark green. 

Lovely.

Thank you CF!

On 5/9/2017 at 11:26 PM, Grover said:

Very cool.  I like it a lot.  I don't know how you found so many dark green bricks, but I wish I had that many!  This is an example of why I liked the old brown rather than the new reddish-brown, though.  I find the old brown more realistic and I think that the red really comes out in the new bricks here.  Not a knock against your build or anything, just wish Lego had stuck to the brown.  I like the round huts and I really get the swamp feel from the build.  Awesome job!

The old brown would've fit much better here but to get that much in bulk, just wouldn't be practical. Thanks Grover!

I really like all those different levels of wooden platforms... Nice atmosphere

Amazing atmosphere to the town, the wooden houses with the little bridges that they connect them.. truly unique creation! :thumbup:

This is an excellent swamp scene, Blufiji!

The mangroves are great, and the bits of swamp foliage below them fill out the scene nicely!  All of the ramshackle huts and piers are perfectly orcish!  That dark green base is pretty stunning for swamp water, but I think it might look better with a bit more foliage or sticks protruding to break up the completely smooth surface.  

I really like how this is an orc daily life scene that has no apparent signs of war and conflict!

Oh man, I saw some great WIP shots of this build but they fell way short of highlighting how awesome this is. Absolutely one of the finest swamp scenes ever. The vegetation is wicked and the rounded huts are ingenious. Fine work as always my friend! How great it would be to see tgis village surrounding a mountain with a castle on top...:laugh: 

I love the back story, Nocturnians are often too busy scratching out a basic survival to worry about sides and leaders and glory!

Edited by MassEditor

Wow!!!! What a moc! Some great details and that colourscheme looks so natural!!! 

Love it!:)

On 5/14/2017 at 3:15 AM, Gunman said:

I really like all those different levels of wooden platforms... Nice atmosphere

Thanks Gunman!

On 5/18/2017 at 6:20 PM, Mpyromaxos said:

Amazing atmosphere to the town, the wooden houses with the little bridges that they connect them.. truly unique creation! :thumbup:

Thank you sir! Glad you liked it!

On 5/19/2017 at 8:56 AM, Slegengr said:

This is an excellent swamp scene, Blufiji!

The mangroves are great, and the bits of swamp foliage below them fill out the scene nicely!  All of the ramshackle huts and piers are perfectly orcish!  That dark green base is pretty stunning for swamp water, but I think it might look better with a bit more foliage or sticks protruding to break up the completely smooth surface.  

I really like how this is an orc daily life scene that has no apparent signs of war and conflict!

Yea I figured they needed a break from war and despair. As far as the water goes, I'm open to suggestions on pieces to use, I tried to use the foliage to break it up a bit. one idea I had was to make a transparent layer over the green and fill it with sticks and leaves..maybe next time. Thanks ME!

On 6/5/2017 at 6:14 AM, Lazer said:

You are one of my favourite builders! I love this!

Thanks Lazer! I do what i can sir!

9 hours ago, de Gothia said:

Wow!!!! What a moc! Some great details and that colourscheme looks so natural!!! 

Love it!:)

Thanks Gothia!

The two areas that stand out to me are the vegetable garden and croc butchers in one bit and the little dock with all the produce on it. I love the variety of rafts and the fact it looks like the tree hits of endor but in a swamp. The different heights make it an immersive scene.

1 hour ago, Blufiji said:

one idea I had was to make a transparent layer over the green and fill it with sticks and leaves

That is one idea that follows exactly what I meant.  I wish TLG would make affordable dark green headlight/SNOT bricks to allow the addition of more sticks and leaves.  I like the way SNOT bricks look for swamp, it just produces a very smooth surface for a swamp if used in large expanses.  Breaking up the smoothness with more sticks, roots, and leaves would give a more dense swamp appearance.  I have plans for building a swamp (inspired by your builds) with alternating SNOT bricks and transparent tiles to allow for breaks in the surface and have started collecting pieces, but I have quite a few large builds planned ahead of the swamp... if I even find time to finish any of those builds with limited building space and limited spare time!

6 minutes ago, Slegengr said:

That is one idea that follows exactly what I meant.  I wish TLG would make affordable dark green headlight/SNOT bricks to allow the addition of more sticks and leaves.  I like the way SNOT bricks look for swamp, it just produces a very smooth surface for a swamp if used in large expanses.  Breaking up the smoothness with more sticks, roots, and leaves would give a more dense swamp appearance.  I have plans for building a swamp (inspired by your builds) with alternating SNOT bricks and transparent tiles to allow for breaks in the surface and have started collecting pieces, but I have quite a few large builds planned ahead of the swamp... if I even find time to finish any of those builds with limited building space and limited spare time!

I think the idea is spot on and if we are being honest..I'm using the idea for the Mitgardian build i'm working on. Using SNOT white and transclear pieces to create a frozen river effect. It was only recently that i thought about adding leaves under the transclear to create that effect. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up, I am always a fan of progress!

23 minutes ago, Muakhah said:

The two areas that stand out to me are the vegetable garden and croc butchers in one bit and the little dock with all the produce on it. I love the variety of rafts and the fact it looks like the tree hits of endor but in a swamp. The different heights make it an immersive scene.

Thank you sir, especially for noticing those small details!

Just now, Blufiji said:

I'm using the idea for the Mitgardian build i'm working on.

So you are building in Mitgardia while I plan to build a swamp in Nocturnus... times have changed! :wink: