Robert8

What is the story behind your profile picture?

Why did you choose your profile pic?

Or why did you change it?

Share your story here

Just for fun :classic:

I actually had mine made for me, because Tuskens are awesome.

There's another one I'm using elsewhere, but I'm not sure if the mods would take kindly to a muscular baby in a colorful bowtie.

I found the picture on the web some were. And at the time their was no "ninja turtles". Plus, I do not have this set but I figured I can easily make it if I wanted to.

Share your story here

Don't forget to tell your story. I created mine for the tournament of retribution contest over in the pirate forum a couple of years ago. I probably should update it.

Edit: Updated mine now. It relates to my year long photo project.

Edited by dr_spock

Well I spent most of my early time at the SW forum and the photo is the first custom figure I bought which was Christo's Death Star Gunner... long before Lego released theirs.

I thought it apt to have a SW profile pic with spending so much time there and Lego SW getting me back into Lego.

I've always been a fan of Boba Fett, and star wars in general, but I also love wacky things so when Lego came out with the CMF chicken guy I knew what must be done! Giant Chicken Boba Fett (family guy)

My profile picture changes regularly, but it's usually my Sigfig, "Dannylonglegs". Currently it's displaying the "Danny Longlegs" that I'm playing as host of my mafia game. Story is that growing up my favorite themes were Rock Raiders and Insectoids. While "Doc" was my favorite character from RR, the Insectoids didn't really have easily distinguished characters... and in fact the combination I currently use is not a "canon" combo, I don't think. It might be but it's hard to tell. The darn thing's very well loved. :blush: there's not much of the face to see underneath his helmet, sad to say. Either way, As a kid I'd "make up" names for the characters that turned out upon later review to have been somewhat canon names for the characters that I must have read in a magazine or something! :laugh: so that's the story of Dannylonglegs. I love sci-fi, insects (and other arthropods) and aliens and weird stuff like that, so I feel the ominous and mysterious Danny Longlegs figure fits that well! Also, the gun is an aquazone hose gun that lost its rubber bits. (It's purist) I don't see many people using the guns even though they're super cool looking. So that's why he has that awesome gun/blaster. The character he represents varies from story to story. Sometimes he's a manipulative alien sociopath (Blacktron Mafia) and sometimes he's a heroic character (AG, although he's not yet well developed there). Almost always he's loyal to the Queen and/or the Insectoid people in a kind of g-man-esque way.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

My first profile picture was of Emmet smiling, because I liked the image at the time. Recently I've changed it for two reasons. 1) Fun fact, I'm easily scared in real life. Even a simple "boo!" can get me. Not like I tell a lot of people this! And 2) I just got bored with my first one. Had it for over a year before I decided to change it. This one may last longer, or not as long. I'm enjoying it for the time being.

Edit: Oh, and I almost forgot. Emmet's hair coupled with his plain appearance suits me quite well. Too bad he doesn't wear glasses!

Edited by Jacob_9821

My ones been changed lots of times, the first was a Lego Mandalorian figure, then a stormtrooper both of the pictures used were some of my favourite figures hence why I chose them, my next pic represented my SoNE character and then it was changed to reflect my Mafia Characters: Tarr Egg Chaser and Laura Starbucks.

If I remember right, I have never changed my avatar here at EB. It shows a heraldic figure - a white eagle, I assume, with the colours of Legoland (black, white, blue red and yellow) on it's chest. On top of the eagle a crown.

I made this MOC when I was younger, probably a young teenager. It's built on a 48x48 baseplate expanded with three 16x8 baseplates.

Well I changed mine a couple of days ago for the first time... previously it was the Lizard Guy holding a frog with a green stud background, why? because I liked the green theme (and I have a thing for the frogs).

Now its the lizard Guy holding a frog riding a crocodile, with Clive the Fabuland crocodile riding a crocodile... why? because I wanted to continue the green theme but I did not like the previous background anymore and wanted a better picture... that's it.

Share your story here

Don't forget to tell your story.

Agreed, you need to share your story too.

Well I must have signed up shortly after seeing Anchorman 2, and any name with a pop culture hook and a reference to Lego is pretty solid in my book. Although the picture is just one used in the movie ( at Brick's funeral I think) and I'm liable to change it pretty soon.

This current one is a picture of me from when my wife and I went to Legoland in 2011. I saw a guy in a Johnny Thunder costume and knew I had to get a picture with him!

Previously I would change mine based on how my sigfig looked (which changed based on whether I wore glasses, how long my hair was, whether I had a beard, and whether I saw my hair as more red or blond). I eventually started feeling like I couldn't get my hair color right with the available options, so I just stopped.

I had a Yankees logo for obvious reasons, until SirBlake and I made a bet over Nexo Knights. I said that it would be more realistic, he said it would be crazy.

He was right, and I realized that right after I saw the Lava-Podracer-Thing. :grin:

So, therefore,

Bow down to the mighty Tony Romo. :laugh:

I change mine (and my signature) frequently usually depending on what anime I'm currently sucked into. While I've been done with it for a while, I've held onto this current one from Xam'd: Lost Memories (specifically the main character, Akiyuki, with his Xam'd mask). Signature is also a quote from the show.

My avatar changes a lot, but my original one was a picture of Ducky Freeduck, a brick built duck that I've loved for a long time (got me I to lego). Right now I have a picture of Claw from Blacktron Mafia.

I wanted a logo to go with my username, which itself had also been my nickname irl, after seeing the logo from the freeboard company.

So I went to work and came up with this one... if you look good enough, you can spot the 'Z', 'E', 'N', 'N'. So I kinda made a brand of myself :tongue:

I've had about four I believe since I started, the first was a combadge from DS9 (a communications device in the series), and my second and third (and most used) were Lego-ised versions of face palming Picard from Star Trek TNG, made famous via various memes. Why you might ask? Because I love Star Trek, and the latter two were more relevant than the previous one to be used on a Lego site.

My most recent one, and the one I have now, is a picture of a (model of) 56 ton fire fighting tank crossed with a bulldozer, a rescue vehicle called the Firefly, from a series called Thunderbirds, made in 1965 using Supermarionation, set in 2065, about a family run rescue organisation. Why I have it as my avatar? It's my favourite of the pod vehicles in the show, it's one of my favourite fictional vehicles of any series, and I've been trying to get a decent model of it since I was a kid, and finally got one a couple of months back, and I decided to change my profile picture to celebrate.

Great idea for a topic, by the way!

When I CMF S12 list came out, the Jester caught my attention , as I've always loved clowns harlequins and jesters

When the first MMO pics surfaced, I saw this black/purple jester and I was sure that was the CMF 12. As purple is my favorite color, that would be great Minifigure to me. So, I chose him as my profile pic.

photo-79004.png?_r=1408687877

I turned out that he wasn't the CMF S12 Jester and he was never physically released :sadnew:

Jestro may take his place soon

I had just finished reading The Name of the Wind, and making a custom cloak. It's microfiber suede, which keeps it from fringing up where it's been cut, and at the minifigure scale looks like leather. So I put the figure together to make "Kvothe." He's not described as wearing armor, but he's got red hair and wears a cloak.

Mine is kind of obvious, I tried to make a minifig look like me. So it's autobiographical. His story is far too robust to fit into a post here, but I can tell you that it's filled with love, hate, violence, betrayal, depression, comedy, crime, success, failure, metamorphosis and surprises. He's been everywhere from jail to college, rehab to the family life, hospitals to climbing mountains in the desert. If a picture is really worth a thousand words, this one could be a best-seller.