mocbuild101

LDCad 1.6 Beta 2a not starting corectly

I have just installed LDCad 1.6 Beta 2a but it is not starting correctly.

It gets to LDCad license agreement (V3), and when I cross it out, everything disappears.

I don't see any OK or Accept button, so all I can do is cross it out.

Please help! It is very confusing :wacko:.

Is this on Linux as I know of one user having a similar problem a couple of years ago.

In his case the GTK dependencies were missing / incomplete.

If on Windows it could be a filesystem thing, did you use the setup or the loose archive. If you used the archive make sure you have write access to the folder the exe is located in.

If this doesn't help could you send me the contents of the logs folder (if any), located in %appdata%\LDCad\logs when using the setup or in a subfolder besides the exe otherwise.

edit: (read your message wrong) this is probably due to a monitor using a non standard dpi setting or something, you could try pressing the tab key and then enter to accept without using the button. But if all dialogs are scaled wrong you will sooner or later run into problems again. What kind of monitor / resolution are you using?

Edited by roland

Fixed!!! I connected the computer to a monitor and I saw the accept button.

But now I can use it, I want know how to make animations. I have read the Scripting examples page but I still don't know how to do it.

Thanks! :classic:

Weird the (i assume) laptop screen gives problems. Could you give me the model and or resolution so I can look into it some more?

The best way to get started with animation is by looking at the examples I made for some of the sample models included with LDCad (e.g. 5510 or 5580 for the simpler ones).

I've also made a couple of tutorial youtube clips

And maybe the most important thing is to get familiar with the lua scripting language.

http://www.lua.org/manual/5.3/

Hope this gets you started.

It is a small laptop, and other program's windows are sometimes to big for it.

Thanks I will have a look at them, do you have a file of the simple model/script in the youtube video I could download? I can't see the script properly.

Also, do I need lua to look at and write scripts?

I don't have the script used in that tutorial anymore, but the generic idea is also used in the 5510 example.

You can use any text editor for editing the lua scripts, I used programmer's notepad in the tutorial.