Sign in to follow this  
The Maestro

Oswald the Ordinary

33432848414_cc5286097e_z.jpg

Oswald strives to be ordinary. You think all wizard workshops are rickety and colourful? Well you are wrong there my friend. For you have obviously never meet Oswald, who is the one wizard in all the land who prefers the laws of gravity to imagination.

Entry for R1 of the LCBTC.

Hello everybody, its been a while. And it may seem I have been rather inactive but in truth I have been busy building things that just cannot be posted yet...
I don't mind this, it's not really a wizards workshop that much. No bright colours and wonky angles (hense the name). Oh well, hopefully i will do better next round (if I get through that is :p)
Hope you enjoy and C&C Needed.

Edited by The Maestro

this is so cool man! I'm glad that you didn't go too crazy, it makes your build more realistic, while still keeping your typical buildig style and beauty! :wub: 

A lovely MOC altogether, though my favored part must be the second floor! :wink: 

:laugh:  This is actually pretty funny.  And really nice building, especially the stonework! :thumbup: 

Very humorous story and excellent build, Maestro, the stone-work - especially the chimney - is superb, and the Tudor is quite nice as well! :thumbup:  I'm liking that base as well, and this is definitely one of my favorite entries to that contest so far!  Keep it up! :wink:

This is a really fun build with, as others have said, great stonework, and I love the way you handle the texture on the aging wattle and daub walls.  The cannon barrel works great for the top of your chimney, and I really like the subtle splashes of color with the flowers growing up the walls.

This might be my favorite of your recent buildings, with the possible exception of Ol' Colby's Cottage, or maybe the Headman's Hovel; it seems the most functional, at very least. The stonework is excellent, the best I have seen from you in its organic texture, a masterful blend of smooth surfaces, textured surfaces, and exposed studs. The mix of textures on the roof is also top-notch, and I love that moss. My one quibble would be that, in comparison to the rest, the path is bit too regular; it isn't, per se, but compared to the rest it seems almost uniform, with all of the 2x2 light bley tiles. I do love the olive green and sand green mix at the front, though, and really the whole thing came together very nicely. Great work!

On 4/28/2017 at 8:10 PM, Sarianna8382 said:

oooo niiiice

Thanks

On 4/28/2017 at 10:24 PM, TitusV said:

this is so cool man! I'm glad that you didn't go too crazy, it makes your build more realistic, while still keeping your typical buildig style and beauty! :wub: 

A lovely MOC altogether, though my favored part must be the second floor! :wink: 

Thanks man :thumbup:

On 4/29/2017 at 0:51 AM, Kai NRG said:

:laugh:  This is actually pretty funny.  And really nice building, especially the stonework! :thumbup: 

Yeah, Thanks Kai

On 4/29/2017 at 1:27 AM, Garmadon said:

Very humorous story and excellent build, Maestro, the stone-work - especially the chimney - is superb, and the Tudor is quite nice as well! :thumbup:  I'm liking that base as well, and this is definitely one of my favorite entries to that contest so far!  Keep it up! :wink:

Thank you Garmadon, means alot.

On 4/29/2017 at 4:06 AM, The Stad said:

This is a really fun build with, as others have said, great stonework, and I love the way you handle the texture on the aging wattle and daub walls.  The cannon barrel works great for the top of your chimney, and I really like the subtle splashes of color with the flowers growing up the walls.

Thank you Stad, the barrel idea is actually Legonardo Davidy's :tongue:

On 4/29/2017 at 6:18 AM, Henjin_Quilones said:

This might be my favorite of your recent buildings, with the possible exception of Ol' Colby's Cottage, or maybe the Headman's Hovel; it seems the most functional, at very least. The stonework is excellent, the best I have seen from you in its organic texture, a masterful blend of smooth surfaces, textured surfaces, and exposed studs. The mix of textures on the roof is also top-notch, and I love that moss. My one quibble would be that, in comparison to the rest, the path is bit too regular; it isn't, per se, but compared to the rest it seems almost uniform, with all of the 2x2 light bley tiles. I do love the olive green and sand green mix at the front, though, and really the whole thing came together very nicely. Great work!

Mm, the path isn't great, but I was running out of parts sooooo....

and yeah I agree, this is some of my best stonework yet.

On 4/29/2017 at 7:02 AM, Blufiji said:

Easily my favorite build of yours. Great work man!

Wow thanks Blufiji :classic:

On 4/29/2017 at 7:10 AM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Quite nice indeed!

Thank you

Lovely build, Maestro :thumbup: The base design works very well here, and I like the mixing of sand and olive green. Excellent stonework as well, having the chimney continue up gives a nice blending of tudor sections and stone.

Lovely building composition, and the second story balcony/roof area is really superb :thumbup: Tremendous stonework for the chimney and first floor too :classic:

awesome texture; love the different-coloured Tudor. nice to see that you can still build at reasonable angles too :wink:

This is a very nice "ordinary" build, indeed, Maestro!

The stonework is beautiful here with the different textures and all that SNOT work!  The roof and half-timber are nicely done, and I particularly like the moss on the roof.  The splashes of foliage on the ground and the climbing vine add a very nice touch to a build this size.  The balcony (with an access door!) is a perfect inclusion on this build.  The cannon chimney is pretty cool! (or, rather, probably hot :classic:)

I am looking forward to more builds, so keep them coming!

On 5/1/2017 at 6:15 AM, LittleJohn said:

Lovely build, Maestro :thumbup: The base design works very well here, and I like the mixing of sand and olive green. Excellent stonework as well, having the chimney continue up gives a nice blending of tudor sections and stone.

Thank you LJ

On 5/2/2017 at 0:04 AM, soccerkid6 said:

Lovely building composition, and the second story balcony/roof area is really superb :thumbup: Tremendous stonework for the chimney and first floor too :classic:

Thanks alot SK

On 5/2/2017 at 7:06 AM, en_zoo said:

awesome texture; love the different-coloured Tudor. nice to see that you can still build at reasonable angles too :wink:

Haha, It was a challenge :tongue:

On 5/2/2017 at 3:57 PM, Graham Gidman said:

Oh man, super cool stuff! I love the stonework and upper balcony.

Thank you Graham

12 hours ago, Umbra-Manis said:

Great work Maestro! I especially like the balcony!

Thank you

9 hours ago, Slegengr said:

This is a very nice "ordinary" build, indeed, Maestro!

The stonework is beautiful here with the different textures and all that SNOT work!  The roof and half-timber are nicely done, and I particularly like the moss on the roof.  The splashes of foliage on the ground and the climbing vine add a very nice touch to a build this size.  The balcony (with an access door!) is a perfect inclusion on this build.  The cannon chimney is pretty cool! (or, rather, probably hot :classic:)

I am looking forward to more builds, so keep them coming!

Thank you Slengengr, and I will tell you this now, I definitely do not plan on stopping anytime soon :thumbup: