Konungson

[WIP] Castle Gate and Market

Making a castle gate. Later going to build some houses and shops (after buying one more baseplate). I'm not very good at building, but tryin' to make something cool.

IMG_4456.jpg

IMG_4462.jpg

IMG_4474.jpg

IMG_4470.jpg

I like the use of different colours in the wall. I'm wondering if it is all lego. What did you use to make the effect?

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 2:01 PM, thomassio said:

I like the use of different colours in the wall. I'm wondering if it is all lego. What did you use to make the effect?

Looks like these are all lego, old light gray with varying levels of sun discoloration.  I've always liked the effects that variations of the old grays have on castle wall MOCs.  Very cool little setup! 

Its a good start:classic: The battlements look really good and give it a nicely imposing look. I like the idea of using older, yellowed bricks too. I did that as well for a couple of builds and it gives them a nicely weathered appearance. Maybe add some snot-elements as well and put some modern light and dark greys in the mix too, to give the wall more structure.

As for the marketplace: try adding elements like barrels and crates for the stalls. Things like that should not cost a fortune on bricklink and add a lot of atmosphere. Also make some weapon-racks for displaying, and add some flags as decorative elements to colour it up a little. Medieval-style advertisement! :wink:

I'm looking forward to see your further progress! :classic: