Sign in to follow this  
gotoAndLego

Dutch-style scooter shop, WIP

I figured that having a Dutch mother I should probably try to make a Dutch-style house. 

This is primarily made from 2x 31065 and 1x 31050. I decided to incorporate brighter friends colors along with the parts from those sets. I already had a bunch of the tan quarter circles on either side of the skylight. Beyond that I started working on the recessed window idea which was inspired by something Barrie Crossan made; although mine is constructed differently. The right side will be left open so you can see the interior; considering this will sit next to other modulars its not that big of a deal. The white bit on the left has the stairs to access the second floor.

Dutch-style scootershop WIP

Edited by gotoAndLego

Love this!!!

- I like to see more pitures!

for what i see here it's great looking ( it got a real Dutch look to it )

Greetings

I made some changes to the roof greenhouse. Humorously enough, this is what started me building this house.

Roof greenhouse

Roof greenhouse

Roof greenhouse

Edited by gotoAndLego

I really like the shape and design of this one - especially the rooftop greenhouse... I'm not so sure about the colours though but that's just me!!

Anyway, nice work - thanks for sharing!!

Chimney design -- The chimney aligns with the stove top on the second floor and the space heater on the third floor. An issue I ran into with the trash can is that the top of it has a weak connection. I tried several things to make it secure and discovered that the tan gear in the bottom photo is perfect.

Of course I had to move those medium blue curved pieces because the black chimney "supports" were in the way and since I didn't feel like digging in my storage space for dark blue slopes I added dark red slopes to the roof.

33616088884_ffe4371053_b.jpg

34458313825_d070a309b1_b.jpg

Edited by gotoAndLego

Thanks a lot. Here is the mostly finished exterior. As my working bricks are all in storage, most of my choices are based on which pieces I have around me; occasionally I will go into storage and grab some pieces I want to use. Not ideal, but I find it makes me more creative in my parts usage.

34453177456_d4ed22523f_b.jpg

34333955102_48d8181666_b.jpg

I love all the colors! Most people do two or three majority colors, but you've accomplished this very well. Thumbs up. Though IMO, it really needs to be a bicycle shop being Dutch.

It looks Great!!!

I really like the way all those colours work together

- No Coffee, No Life!!!

Greetings

The Crooks' Island set is surprisingly useful for making a workshop/garage. Even that jet ski launcher technic thing makes a bike lift.

18424027_10154667986066243_8570323007908

18425492_10154667986096243_3331310044326

18425041_10154667986101243_3967513431752

Edited by gotoAndLego