Hey all,

here is something I've been working on. Its a mini Claas Xerion, black edition.
Length, width and height are about half the size of set 42054.

It started with an idea for turning the cab, as I want to put almost the same systeem in my bigger Xerion.

800x600.jpg800x600.jpg640x327.jpg

(It isn't complete as I'm missing a few parts.)

Building the steering systeem to get 4 wheel steering has taken the most time.

800x600.jpg

Turning of the cabin.

800x604.jpg

I'm also building an implement for the Xerion, which I also want to build for the bigger Xerion.
It's a slurry tank based on the Kaweco swan neck tridem.

640x327.jpg

some more pics: http://bricksafe.com/pages/nick97/mini-claas-xerion#

I hope you like it.

Any comments are welcome

Edited by nick97

Thanks for the replies:thumbup:

4 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

It's very nice, but I think you should try to replicate the original color scheme as much as possible. Steering mechanism is excellent though. :thumbup:

I stick to black first, as most of the parts appear in black. After that I will try to make it in the original colors.

2 hours ago, GroundskeeperWillie said:

This looks really good. Is the cabin turned by hand or did you manage to squeeze a knob in there to do it?

The cabin is turned by hand. First lift the cabin, than turn it and lower it when it is turned. I can try to post some detailed pictures of it tomorrow.

17 minutes ago, Saberwing40k said:

Awww,42054 has a little sibling.:sweet:

and one day it will grow up to be just like its big brother.

and maybe even harvest wheat to make the new breed of non-ABS bricks :)

Small is indeed beautiful :sweet:

Very cleaver and simple staring solution. :thumbup:

This tires look like Communal Version that uses so called utility pattern tires.:wink:

Great work, although the steering system looks a bit more complex than it needs to be.

You should match the colors of the set in LDD (if that is what you are using) for a better comparison :wink:.

Thanks for the nice reactions so far:thumbup:

Here is the picture that hopefully shows a bit of the turning system in de cabin.
800x600.jpg
The two blue axles under the cabin 'lock' in the two of the three pinholes. One set in frontposition and one set in backposition.
And for turning the cab, you first need to lift the cabin to 'unlock' it.

2 hours ago, I_Igor said:

This tires look like Communal Version that uses so called utility pattern tires.:wink:

These look indeed like communal tires, but how about these:

2 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

You should match the colors of the set in LDD (if that is what you are using) for a better comparison :wink:.

I started in LDD in de Original colors, but there are some parts not excisting in the right colors yet so I can't build it in real life that way.
But for comparison I can do that after I have rebuild some errors.

On 4/28/2017 at 3:05 PM, nick97 said:

Thanks for the nice reactions so far:thumbup:

Here is the picture that hopefully shows a bit of the turning system in de cabin.
The two blue axles under the cabin 'lock' in the two of the three pinholes. One set in frontposition and one set in backposition.
And for turning the cab, you first need to lift the cabin to 'unlock' it.

I started in LDD in de Original colors, but there are some parts not excisting in the right colors yet so I can't build it in real life that way.
But for comparison I can do that after I have rebuild some errors.

That would be cool. Perhaps you can built a bit bigger version with Unimog Tires...and they fit red rims...

Edited by I_Igor

On 4/28/2017 at 3:05 PM, nick97 said:

One difference is that video is about 3800 - older model. so far I did not see Xerion 4000 / 4500 / 5000 with tires that have utility pattern...Remember there is a size difference between 3800 and 4000 / 4500 / 5000 models; 3800 use utility tires with 1855 mm overall diameter and with agriculture pattern 1955 or 2055 mm overall diameter, but 4000 / 4500 / 5000 use tires with (agriculture pattern) 2155 mm overall diameter... :wink:

The claas itself is almost completely build. I only need to change some colors.

800x600.jpg

5 hours ago, I_Igor said:

One difference is that video is about 3800 - older model. so far I did not see Xerion 4000 / 4500 / 5000 with tires that have utility pattern...Remember there is a size difference between 3800 and 4000 / 4500 / 5000 models; 3800 use utility tires with 1855 mm overall diameter and with agriculture pattern 1955 or 2055 mm overall diameter, but 4000 / 4500 / 5000 use tires with (agriculture pattern) 2155 mm overall diameter... :wink:

This model is about half the size (l x w x h) than set 42054, but I didn't said my model is a xerion 5000 like 42054.:wink:
And if you look to the front lights it does look more like a 3800 than a 5000.

And beside that I took these tires as they were the best for this scale. Smaller tires have more rim than tyre and the slightly bigger balloon tires were hitting the frame when turning.

6 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Perhaps you can built a bit bigger version with Unimog Tires...and they fit red rims...

That is actually quite easy. If you have 42054 than just put the Unimog tires on it. They fit perfectly.
It even drives better, as in my case the tractor tires hit the frame somewhere when turning.

Dang, this looks so tidy and accurate. Love it! :thumbup: I hope you will share the LDD file soon.

It looks very cute to me , fantastic worl. Instant reminder of 8110 and its little brother 9390

16 hours ago, nick97 said:

The claas itself is almost completely build. I only need to change some colors.

This model is about half the size (l x w x h) than set 42054, but I didn't said my model is a xerion 5000 like 42054.:wink:
And if you look to the front lights it does look more like a 3800 than a 5000.

And beside that I took these tires as they were the best for this scale. Smaller tires have more rim than tyre and the slightly bigger balloon tires were hitting the frame when turning.

That is actually quite easy. If you have 42054 than just put the Unimog tires on it. They fit perfectly.
It even drives better, as in my case the tractor tires hit the frame somewhere when turning.

problem with hitting frame was described in Jim's review (please read it) -it is all about one pin (if I'm not mistaken..). 42054 set looks disproportional with Unimog tires, but partly you're right - since utility tires on 3800 are 185cm in diameter it is the same tire scale as 42054 set 1:20...5000 VC has 215cm tires...only 3800 is smaller model.

I understand that your model has more similarities with 3800 or 3300 series, but you can always use "Artists freedom" when recreating your models...

:sweet:

On ‎3‎-‎5‎-‎2017 at 10:45 AM, I_Igor said:

problem with hitting frame was described in Jim's review (please read it) -it is all about one pin (if I'm not mistaken..).

I read Jim's review when the set came out and I read it yesterday. The problem I have wasn't discribed. Hopefully the next picture shows a bit of the problem.

800x1067.jpg

When the wheels are turned and I drive the model backwards, than the front wheels hit the part in the green circle almost every time and most of the time also the part in the yellow circle.
And it also happens more with the right wheel than with the left wheel.

Very,very nice! I like small creations like this and you really captured the CLAAS with this one. Clever steering solution also. If this is ever on Rebrickable I'll be in line for it!

Andy D

15 hours ago, nick97 said:

I read Jim's review when the set came out and I read it yesterday. The problem I have wasn't discribed. Hopefully the next picture shows a bit of the problem.

When the wheels are turned and I drive the model backwards, than the front wheels hit the part in the green circle almost every time and most of the time also the part in the yellow circle.
And it also happens more with the right wheel than with the left wheel.

...did you try to replace wheel hubs from front to back and vice versa; perhaps wheel hub is to loose? I assume that you set things up cotrectly accourding instruction booklet :look:

Edited by I_Igor

I haven't tried to replace front and back as it is just standing on a shelf as a show model. Not for playing with it.:grin:
I do want to break it down and start over on my own as I need to make some changes for some implement ideas, but that comes later.
And than I think I build a 3800 instead of a 5000

44 minutes ago, nick97 said:

I haven't tried to replace front and back as it is just standing on a shelf as a show model. Not for playing with it.:grin:
I do want to break it down and start over on my own as I need to make some changes for some implement ideas, but that comes later.
And than I think I build a 3800 instead of a 5000

I also plan to make 3800 saddle trac in future, but first to finish my Unimog, then oe telehandler and then probably Saddle trac 3800 based on 710/70R38 tires to represent 1:18 Scale model...probalby something like this 

Claas-Xerion_Saddle_Trac_2_ModLandNet.jp

:wink:...

It would be great when we could have bigger tires with Unimog-like pattern to make model for model from Video you posted - but only for display and not for testing applications like on video :sick:

Enjoy.

Edited by I_Igor

Hey all,

Finally I found some time to share the LDD file.
It's in my bricksafe folder: http://bricksafe.com/pages/nick97/mini-claas-xerion

I tried to make it in the original colors in LDD, but I can't get it to look nice. Maybe someone else can try it?

Tell me what you think of it.

I'm currently building something else, WIP will come soon. When I finished it, than I will build the slurry tank for this tractor.