Hinckley

10257 Carousel

10 hours ago, ChristopherLee said:

This definitely qualifies as one of the best LEGO sets of all time. It's perfect, and with a reasonable price too. :wub:

I agree. I have never been more excited for a new set since I got back into Lego as an adult. I cannot wait for June 1!

On Brickset there is stated that there is a chance it being early VIP acces. But that is not yet confirmed. Any chance of it being true?

16 minutes ago, Kjellevirus said:

On Brickset there is stated that there is a chance it being early VIP acces. But that is not yet confirmed. Any chance of it being true?

On the LEGO Store calendar for May, there's no mention of early VIP access for anything new. There's an early access set listed on the June calendar, but that's for the 15th, so it isn't the carousel. My guess is: don't expect early VIP access. But hey, I've been wrong before.

Yow that's a lot of stickers. Not that it will stop me, this must go into my city's park, but I expect some real stressful moments trying to get that darned things on straight.

The Lego Canada site is showing available May 22 :)

EDIT: They have now changed it to coming soon?

Edited by NewTown
website changed

This looks to be a really good set. Especially that it can rotate easily, and connected to a motor. Also great that the rocking motion from the previous caroussel makes a return. It looks executed beautifully. Especially the frog looks cool in motion. Curious to the details about the workings and how it's built on the inside.

Very nice model. I have no place for it,  but it is quite a piece of art and engineering. On the Designer video I saw the flamingo, I really like the flamingo (it's a personal joke), but I would like to build the flamingo.

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

10 hours ago, cold_fuzion said:

Yow that's a lot of stickers. Not that it will stop me, this must go into my city's park, but I expect some real stressful moments trying to get that darned things on straight.

My secret is to put the tile on a larger plate, and put the sticker on the tip of a small knife. Very easy to align them correctly that way.

Thanks, that's a good idea to put the tile on a plate first, I had never thought of that funnily enough. I will try it.

As much as stickers are annoying to position, I think these ones will really add to the model as the reflections as everything moves will look very pretty. 

I wasn't planning on having a permanent fairground in my city due to space limitations, but this set is so gorgeous that I will renovate the city square to give it a permanent home!!

Edited by alsielou
Thanks gotoAndLego - I tried to quote but it didn't work (user error I am sure)

I thought this was a nice surprise. I normally keep up with the upcoming sets and I had no idea about this one. I bought the Mixer before it was retired and got a good price on it at the Lego store. I really don't want to drop $200 on it but I think it's too cool to pass up.

Looks like a lot of fun! The building technique for the flooring is really cool. And the animal rides are cute. I like the frog.

LMF

How on earth is one supposed to keep up without selling both their kidneys?! I bought fairground mixer because I liked how it actually looked fun and could be packed away into its own little vehicle sets... Then they release the big wheel... Didnt plan on getting it but now they've released this beauty, I'll HAVE to get it  to start a little fairground... For all the modulars I've had to buy which are also not on the cheap side... Let alone the UCS  snowspeeder just being released, the amazing looking Saturn V ideas set, again, high price point, need to get the elves goblins set for a fun moc I want to do, let alone the Lego batman movie sets which just look so fun themselves, and they still have yet to release the batwing, and that ultimate batmobile thing...  And then the potential of the UCS mf... And the hopefully upcoming winter village set... I just don't even... 

I'll only have my soul left to sell to get all these decent sets!!! 

1 hour ago, Fuppylodders said:

How on earth is one supposed to keep up without selling both their kidneys?! I bought fairground mixer because I liked how it actually looked fun and could be packed away into its own little vehicle sets... Then they release the big wheel... Didnt plan on getting it but now they've released this beauty, I'll HAVE to get it  to start a little fairground... For all the modulars I've had to buy which are also not on the cheap side... Let alone the UCS  snowspeeder just being released, the amazing looking Saturn V ideas set, again, high price point, need to get the elves goblins set for a fun moc I want to do, let alone the Lego batman movie sets which just look so fun themselves, and they still have yet to release the batwing, and that ultimate batmobile thing...  And then the potential of the UCS mf... And the hopefully upcoming winter village set... I just don't even... 

You sir, described perfectly what most people are feeling. I thought we already sold our soul it in the first place by starting collecting Lego?

But the carousel is looking so beautiful! And I like how easily it can fit on a town square.

7 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

And you forgot the amazing upcoming Ideas' Old Fishing Store... Wich is not going to be cheap, either...

1 hour ago, Gongoro73 said:

And you forgot the amazing upcoming Ideas' Old Fishing Store... Wich is not going to be cheap, either...

There goes my soul xD 

On 4/27/2017 at 11:40 PM, Kjellevirus said:

@Kjellevirus In the press release they sent to us, they specifically mentioned they wouldn't be listing any early VIP access.

At least not at the time of the press release...

10 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

@Kjellevirus In the press release they sent to us, they specifically mentioned they wouldn't be listing any early VIP access.

At least not at the time of the press release...

Okay, thank you. Maybe it changed but I will set my expectations to 1st of June.