Hinckley

10257 Carousel

10257 Carousel

Ages 16+.  2,670 pieces.

US $199.99 - CA $249.99 - DE 179.99€ - UK £159.99 - DK 1499.00 DKK

*Euro pricing varies by country.  Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.

Discover the fairground’s star attraction with the Carousel!

10257_Box1_v39.jpg

10257_Box5_v39.jpg

10257_Prod.jpg

10257_Front_01.jpg

10257_Back_01.jpg

10257_Back_05.jpg

10257_Back_06.jpg

10257_Back_07.jpg

10257_Back_08.jpg

10257_Back_09.jpg

10257_Back_10.jpg

10257_Front_02.jpg

10257_1to1_MF_01.jpg

10257_1to1_MF_02.jpg

10257_1to1_MF_03.jpg

10257_1to1_MF_04.jpg

10257_1to1.jpg

Experience the majestic Carousel with a wealth of delightful features, including a large textile canopy, ornate reflective rounding boards with blue and gold detailing, reflective center panels, and a 2-tier deck comprising a raised boarding platform with handrail and a main platform with 5 buildable animal rides, including a white swan and 4 moving animals. Turn the crank and see the elephant, tiger, flamingo and frog move up and down as the carousel rotates. This delightful LEGO® Creator Expert model has an iconic elegance that evokes feelings of nostalgia, romance and adventure. Upgrade with LEGO Power Functions for fully motorized operation.

• Includes 7 minifigures: a ride operator, mom, dad, boy, girl, grandmother and a granddaughter.

• The Carousel features a large textile canopy, ornate, reflective rounding boards with blue and gold detailing, reflective center panels, two-level deck comprising a raised boarding platform with handrail and a main platform with five buildable animal rides, including a white swan and four moving animals: an elephant, tiger, flamingo and a frog.

• Also features a sturdy, buildable base for easy transportation.

• Buy your ticket at the booth, take the stairs to the boarding platform and choose your favorite animal ride.

• Turn the crank and see the elephant, tiger, flamingo and frog move up and down as the carousel rotates.

• Enjoy an ice cream, candy or a delicious hot dog as you watch the whirling carousel.

• Accessory elements include a camera, ice cream, candy and a hot dog in a bun.

• New decorated elements include printed tickets and printed storybook tiles.

• Includes lots of molded golden elements, reflective golden labels and medium-blue/dark-blue elements.

• Motorize the Carousel with the LEGO® Power Functions 8883 medium motor and 88000 AAA battery box (not included).

• Collect and build an entire fairground with the LEGO® Creator Expert 10247 Ferris Wheel.

• Measures over 12” (32cm) high, 14” (38cm) wide and 13” (35cm) deep.

Available for sale directly through LEGO® beginning
June 1, 2017 via
shop.LEGO.com, LEGO® Stores or via phone:

US Contact Center                              1-800-453-4652

CA (English) Contact Center               1-800-453-4652

CA (French) Contact Center               1-877-518-5346

European Contact Center                    00-800-5346-1111            

LEGO, the LEGO logo and the Minifigure are trademarks of the LEGO Group. ©2017 The LEGO Group. All rights reserved.

Looks nice!  The brick built animals look good and the color scheme works well.  I might have to consider this one, but Saturn V comes first!

Why is this in town and not special, it's creator!

Looks good though I'm disappointed it doesn't include the motor/sound brick like the GC.  Also, I believe it's going from 8 rides to 5, so a considerable shrinking. I don't have the GC to know how closely it fits with the current amusement park line but I wish they hadn't changed so much.

I like it, and the price is also very reasonable. The variation in minifigure heads and hairpieces is also very good. My only complaint would be the stickers in the set. 

Beautiful! Can`t wait to add it to my city! Love the colors and the overall look. I might replace the animals with only horses oooor with different cars like firetrucks, ambulance etc.

I'm not sold on the color scheme, but this blows that other carousel out of the water!!!

I built the original recently and it is a very grand scale, but the mechanics were not good and it was way too gappy. I altered it a little bit to blend in some of the gaps, but this new version takes care of all of those issues. The horses were fugly, but these animals look great.

It's amazing what can change over time with techniques/pieces/colors. I wonder if it was a different designer also?

Since I do have a modified version of the original, I'm not sure if I will splurge on this, but I'm glad I only paid about $100 on the original instead of full market value. This will go well with the Ferris Wheel.

this is a pretty nice set! :sweet: I am surpised, though, that Lego is producing a set in this theme so soon after the last carousel. I guess they're quite popular...

Nice new carousel, would fit nice in my city. But it looks "cheap" compared to the grand carousel I have standing at home. But for many people this is a good alternative compared to the crazy prices for the grand carousel these days.

Actually I think this carousel is overpriced compared to the grand carousel original selling price.

Is that a gearbox changeover catch 3L in light bluish grey? holding the handrail bars vertically.

I started trying to build this on LDD and while I can't be totally sure without pics of the interior build, I think the rotating base is built on the quarter circle pieces introduced in last year's Technic Bucket Wheel Excavator. That'd mark the first use of those parts since that set.

It really is a huge improvement over the original Grand Carousel!

1 hour ago, SNIPE said:

Is that a gearbox changeover catch 3L in light bluish grey? holding the handrail bars vertically.

I noticed that too and yes they are!. They're the smooth ones without the notch.

I don't know if it's just because these pictures might be renders and not actual bricks, but they might even be pearl grey...

1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

I started trying to build this on LDD and while I can't be totally sure without pics of the interior build, I think the rotating base is built on the quarter circle pieces introduced in last year's Technic Bucket Wheel Excavator.

Sounds like a good idea

This one is amazing

A piece of art

I love the animals and the minifigures. A nice bunch of hairpieces and torsos. 

This will probably be the best 2017 set

3 hours ago, Lyichir said:

I started trying to build this on LDD and while I can't be totally sure without pics of the interior build, I think the rotating base is built on the quarter circle pieces introduced in last year's Technic Bucket Wheel Excavator.

Yeah, I think I see it in the bottom-right corner of the inventory?

• Includes lots of molded golden elements, reflective golden labels and medium-blue/dark-blue elements.

Translation, a lot of stickers.

Set looks great, I am glad that they brought the fair ground series back this year.

Finally will get this and no need to spend $$$$ on the old one :)

Sadly, it lacks some shops like: Ice-cream, selling toys. Only Ticket Shop is there. They could made it much better!!!