Oky

My EB Neighbourhood Contest Entry

indexed.gif B-RV-9C

Finally, I took some time to make pics of my entry and post it! While designing it, I really took the advice "be creative" to heart and came up with this:

My Sig-Fig lives in a houseboat - a FLYING houseboat that is! An Air Barge if you will! Complete with jacuzzi, terrace, and flower beds! It also features some cannons to fend off those pesky air pirates! >:-)

2232022380_8f6da81745_o.jpg

Hovering over the EB neighborhood by day, swimming in the EB Lake by night, this mixture of steampunk and Star Wars technology is being held up in the air by four giant proppellers and accelerates via two Podracer engines! Steering is being done partly by thrusters and partly by the tail sail.

2232022384_9f599b4877_o.jpg

Each level of the house is removable to reveal the level below. Oky Wan can access them through trap doors. When you remove the terrace (which features a deckchair, an umbrella, and a telescope as you can see above), you can see the living room. Here you can find a small fireplace, an arm chair, and a TV. Oky Wan often comes here to relaxe and watch cartoons with a hot chocolate in the evenings. Near the door below, you can see a water hose hub, and, in the back, the jacuzzi.

2232022398_5fa1ac09ff_o.jpg

Below the entrance, there is Oky Wan's bedroom. He can access it using the ladder. It has a cozy bed, a wardrope, a small desk, a nic-nacs chest, a sink, and a toilet.

2232022388_e16433f108_o.jpg

Here, you have a better look at the bed, the Air Barge's steering wheel, and the flower beds:

2232022400_fa1614d14c_o.jpg

Oky Wan can be quite a pimp! :-D Here is a pic from the last party! (You can also see the cooler (the crate) and fuel tanks very well here):

2232022406_abf5cb0246_o.jpg

Well, I hope you guys like it. Most of you did a great job on your entries! May the force be with you and the best house win! X-D

PS: When this contest is over, somebody should make a map of Eurobricks City!

Edited by Phred

This is actually pretty good! *wub* I may even vote for it... Great work. *sweet* The jacuzzi is a great touch. :-D

Alot of nice little details, from the zebra pillow to the cobbled stone. One nitpick would be the trans neon slopes by the thrusters though, seem outta place :-$

The water effect is very nice aswell. I dont think I even have one trans white square peice.

A very creative and well built entry! *y* I love it!

The mix n matching of various themes is pulled off fantastically, and i love the uniqueness of it. The bath and bedroom are great touches too, a brilliant house!

Batbrick Something! *wacko*

A very lovely work and a neat idea too! And you certainly know how to relax.... *y* :-D

Neat, innovative, original (in comparison to the other entries) idea, with great execution. The bedroom is very nice, especially the chair which I really quite like.

The shape of the house is good too, a little different, and the garden is a cool touch.

And that last pic was really quite funny.

Thats a really clever twist on the house idea, Oki.

I like the little bay windows on the sides of the houseboat, it makes it look like a victorian cottage.

Good work *y*

EDIT:name correction..duh!

Edited by xzanfr

Like I said in the polls, I really like that, now yeah, it might not be in the lead(it should be), but its just so enthralling I might have to get my popcorn soon! :-P

Well it seems that no one has congratulate Johnny War! So congrat to you! *y*

And a *y* for all the members who have entered this nice contest (thanks Hinckley for that!)

And a big thank you for all the members who have voted for me! :'-)