Sign in to follow this  
Siegfried

8145 Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano (PF Edition)

DSC02159es.jpg

Tifa was sick of relying on Cloud to get around Edge. It just wasn't helping their relationship either he was starting to enjoy the whole biker chick thing a bit too much. :-|

DSC02168es.jpg

So she asked Rufus for a favour and he delivered!

DSC02169es.jpg

Just look how jealous Cloud is! :-D

DSC02170es.jpg

Errr... OK, back to reality. :-$ I've been wanting to make a IR car ever since Lego announced the new PF motors, and when I got this Ferrari for almost half price I had the perfect chance!

DSC02161es.jpg

I could swear that Lego had this in mind when they designed the set; the motor is a perfect fit! 8-

Nice! I ike originality, yet the changes you have made. Good work!

Nice work!

You said that it goes faster than the bulldozer, that's rather quick for a car of this proportions.

Does the doll actually fit inside the car? There are no photo's of that so I suspect the answer to be negative.... :-D

I am urging to use those powerfunctions myself, I know that they have arrived at my parents house some time ago, so when I get there I'll start experimenting too.... Beware... ;-)

Wow, pretty hot and engaging.... the car, that is. :-P

red-chili-pepper.jpg

A very smart idea and cleverly done as well. *y*

Thanks for your comments. *sweet*

You said that it goes faster than the bulldozer, that's rather quick for a car of this proportions.
I thought so too. The car really is too heavy and has the added burden of the engine block. :-D I have no plans to try to make it faster, but I might try and make the steering slower.
Does the doll actually fit inside the car? There are no photo's of that so I suspect the answer to be negative.... :-D
Sadly you are right; Tifa doesn't actually fit in her car. :'-( I suspect that she is slightly larger than scale, and that the seats are too high. I did consider modifying the car so she would fit better but my brain turned back on at the last minute. :-P
I am urging to use those powerfunctions myself, I know that they have arrived at my parents house some time ago, so when I get there I'll start experimenting too.... Beware... ;-)
I look forward to the results. The motor are powerful and flexible, and the IR sensor is surprisingly good. *wub* (By the way, I fixed your profile. I noticed that you had your homepage set as Brickshelfs login screen...)

Very clever, my dear Walrus!

I do not know why someone did not think of this before, you have pulled it off very well, the car still looks great! *y*

Fan-diddly-tastic!

Very clever, my dear Walrus!

I do not know why someone did not think of this before, you have pulled it off very well, the car still looks great! *y*

Ahem! But there has!

I haven't seen Sinner's in action, but I'm guessing his is a better execution of the concept than mine. Mine is (like Sinner's) mostly unmodified, with a few bricks removed just to get enough space for both motors. The problem with mine is that the XL motor powers the wheels through the gearbox, which is neither effecient enough to get the car moving very fast and not strong enough to hold up against the motor's torque. The rest is original, though.

And the project is mostly stillborn, as I haven't progressed with it at all. There's a lot (and I mean A LOT) of problems with it, and I haven't had the time to correct them. Besides, it was just an experiment to begin with, because I noticed the PF-motors fit very nicely in the original motor-compartment.

Edit: Gah! Forgot to comment on Sinner's car! Well, like I said above, I think it's a good execution (a functionally probably a better one than mine) of remoting a car that's by all means not meant for it. I especially like how the small motor visually resembles a gearbox. Very neat! And also - a video, please (check if the camera has a video function)? I'd like to see it actually moving. :D

Edited by Freddie

Good execution Sinner!

If you step real far back and squint real hard, you can barely notice the motor. :-D

Could you explain to me what IR is?

*y* *sweet* *y*

Could you explain to me what IR is?

*y* *sweet* *y*

Infra Red. That is the car is now a remote control car.

Infra Red. That is the car is now a remote control car.

Ohh, ok.

Nice *y*

*sweet*

Ohh, ok.

Nice *y*

*sweet*

:-D It's amazing how Technic just doesn't do it for the average EBite. Now if this was a remote control Black Sea Barracuda or Imperial Star Destroyer then it would be cool... :-|

:-D It's amazing how Technic just doesn't do it for the average EBite. Now if this was a remote control Black Sea Barracuda or Imperial Star Destroyer then it would be cool... :-|

That's the way it is X-D

Though, what does EB stand for? Eurobricks, or ExoBuilder? 8-|

Well, if it was a remote controlled 7699 I'd be truly scrumptisuly impressed *y*

*sweet*

Though, what does EB stand for? Eurobricks, or ExoBuilder? 8-|

Errr... Eurobricks. You have some ego... :-D

Well, if it was a remote controlled 7699 I'd be truly scrumptisuly impressed *y*

*sweet*

I have considered it but the wheels are not very suitable. (They have a smooth shaft and no extra pins.)

(By the way, I fixed your profile. I noticed that you had your homepage set as Brickshelfs login screen...)

Wow, thanks! I did not notice it but I see it's back to normal now.

Sadly I can not yet start experimenting with the new system as I'm experiencing some difficulties as to the power source... My time will come.

Let's Technic-up Eurobricks and show those EBites how it's done! X-D

I'm shocked and amazed by your mods, Sinner! Now the Fiorano is better than the Super Car Mk. II. *wub* I always liked the looks of this set, but was disappointed that Lego didn't include more technical advances, as befitting a $110 USD model. I hope Lego looks at what you've done and gains inspiration for the next flagship Technic Ferrari, as I'm sure an RC FXX or F430 would be a sales success.