Sign in to follow this  
KMOI

I now appreciate "skirt" makers

4919163059_0551d3cc83_m.jpg

Anyways, I attempted to make my first Lego "skirt" today for my incoming Clone Walker that's due to be recieved VERY soon. Anyhoo, after spending a whole 15 mins, I finally managed to cut the hole out so that the minifig can wear it. The holes fit fine, but I think I need a bit of help. the skirt is raised at the end when I try to place the side parts close to the minifig. I'm just curious as to where or how large an indent should I make for the skirt to stay in normal position, like the Snow Trooper skirt I saw a bit back.

Here's the progress for the "skirt".

post-11-1117581378.jpg

[...] like the Snow Trooper skirt I saw a bit back. [...]

Do you have a picture to go with that example? As being not a Star Wars fan, I don't know all the characters.

Ah, yes. I just found the reference. It's Mutley777's moc as shown here.

Try this. Hope it helps. (It's not gaurenteed to work though, as I haven't tried to make it with actual materials.):

EDIT: I almost forgot: The right side hole goes over the right hole on the main piece and the left with the left. (The holes are for the minifigure's legs)

Still have questions? Ask me. I'll be happy to answer them. ;)

post-11-1117593838.jpg

On the way Mr.Bildur posted it, the figs can't move their feet anymore. I made some skirts for my ARCs too(can't post pics :( ) It's better to leaves the sides away ;)

On the way Mr.Bildur posted it, the figs can't move their feet anymore. I made some skirts for my ARCs too(can't post pics :( ) It's better to leaves the sides away ;)

Actually, I think they can still move forward and a bit backwards, but then again, I could be wrong...

Actually, I think they can still moe forward, but then again, I could be wrong...

They CAN move their feet FORWARD, but NOT BACKWARD. ;) . The skirt dissables the backward movement of their legs.

this is an old topic but i think i should post anyway, ive read through all of this and still dont understand how to make skirts and i would like to make one for captain rex so he doesnt have to wear the plastic ones!!!

this is an old topic but i think i should post anyway, ive read through all of this and still dont understand how to make skirts and i would like to make one for captain rex so he doesnt have to wear the plastic ones!!!

Well, I never tried to make one, but I think all you have to do (maybe try with a paper one first) is to copy the template shown here on the material you want to make the skirt with, and then cut the averall shape, the holes for the studs on the upper side of the hip, and the short dashed lines on the picture. Then you fold the shorter sides so that their holes coincide with the ones on the longer side (one per part) and put it on your MF legs.

Hope this helps :classic:

LuxorV

I'm working on a skirt made of cloth, but I don't have a handy methode to make the holes for the legs..

does anyone have tips?

It really depends of what kind of cloth it is. But if it can be easily torn, I would suggest a standard hole punch. If it is tough, the try folding it and cutting a semi circle on the fold. Hope that helps.

This might not be the right topic to put it in but:

what tipe of material do you pros recommend??

because Im having the same problem with the clone walker battle packs :hmpf_bad:

Thanks

CommanderFox

Edited by CommanderFox

I generally use regular paper and make a decal out of it. Just draw a design then run it through my decal maker. It works well for pauldrons as well.