Duq

Engine Shed V3

I have had an engine shed in my layouts at various times. The last one was built for the traverser I had a few years ago and because of that it had an awkward spacing of the tracks that made it tricky to include in a layout. I was also getting bored with the thing so it was time to use my Lugbulk brick-bricks and build another one.

34210251936_8501cb389c_b.jpg
Train Shed v3 by Duq, on Flickr

It has a machine workshop attached at the back:

34250569785_4d2cf6dc0c_b.jpg

Which has a full interior:

34210252756_cd8294ae30_b.jpg

And I mean full interior:

34250564015_7d4b72a824_b.jpg

Great work Due, really nice those stone masonry bricks and the interior as well :)

Oh my. This is just awesome! :look: Can you show some detail of the slanted roof, please? I wonder how you've done it.

This is nice. It's not overly big, but big enough to fit some lovely details in the machine shop. It's a shame not many people are going to see it in the layout. Does the shed itself have any details inside? (Oh wait, they're on the Flickr.)
I love the inclusion of the crane and pit roads inside the shed! How did you make the pit though? Are the baseplates raised up, or did you cut a hole in the table/baseboards?
(I also love that coaling crane outside...)

4 hours ago, Phil B said:

There's even a dead bug on the bathroom floor - talking about realism .......

Oops...

4 hours ago, Capparezza said:

Oh my. This is just awesome! :look: Can you show some detail of the slanted roof, please? I wonder how you've done it.

Thanks. I'll see if I can post a picture of the roof sections.

1 hour ago, ColletArrow said:

This is nice. It's not overly big, but big enough to fit some lovely details in the machine shop. It's a shame not many people are going to see it in the layout. Does the shed itself have any details inside? (Oh wait, they're on the Flickr.)
I love the inclusion of the crane and pit roads inside the shed! How did you make the pit though? Are the baseplates raised up, or did you cut a hole in the table/baseboards?
(I also love that coaling crane outside...)

Thank you! You can't really see it in these pictures but the entire layout is on MILS-based sections so the track is two bricks above the baseplate. The bottom of the pits is on the baseplate.

2 hours ago, Duq said:

You can't really see it in these pictures but the entire layout is on MILS-based sections so the track is two bricks above the baseplate. The bottom of the pits is on the baseplate.

Aah, Ok, that also explains the sunken m-motor for the point changeover outside. A neat solution; things you don't want to see can be easily tucked away.

Indeed, that is an incredible build loaded with detail. The interior of the shed is just as nice and the surrounding scene. Very complete, excellent work!

Nice locomotive shed. I've seen a few like it around the historic railways in Europe and it looks spot on.

Very nice! Since this model uses so many of them, might I ask what you call the pieces that make up the bulk of the structure? I've always called them "brick bricks". Two thumbs up on your model!

LMF

Edited by LegoMonorailFan

On 4/25/2017 at 9:29 AM, Phil B said:

There's even a dead bug on the bathroom floor - talking about realism .......

Lol! That was the first thing I noticed too!!!

Great shed and detailing. I love the junk pile in the corner. Thats a great touch! 

Nice shed. The interior is really well done. I especially like the typical industrial sloping roofs.

Edited by Man with a hat