Dr Rod

Freebuild - Nocturnus/Kaliphlin

This is awesome.  I love the landscaping especially the trees and the oasis itself.  The fort is really neat.  I like the color of the fort.  The desert looks fantastic overall wonderful job. 

Now that's a pretty impressive build! Especially the large surface covered makes my jaw drop :drool: 

Great job!

Really nice build, great landscaping especially with the transition from dark orange/dark flesh into tan!  The palm trees along the banks also look really good and so do the stalls and fort behind! :thumbup:   I enjoyed scrolling through the other pictures!

Very nice landscaping and excellent fortress, Dr. Rod, and great to see you around here again! :classic:  The activity and details around the stalls is probably my favorite part of it all, though!  Keep it up! :wink:

The size and scope is certainly impressive, though the palm trees are my favorite part of it. The hills are also excellent, and make me wish I had even a fraction of the medium dark flesh and other tones that you used there. My main complaint is that you removed the portals before posting it here! Though I suppose random spacemen and robots would go a bit against the grain for Historica...

Really a stunning model! The landscape is just incredible, such brilliant use of plates and bricks :wub:

Lovely little fortress too, with some really clever use of Minecraft(?) printed parts :thumbup:

That easily fits into Kaliphlin! But the flags make me confused :wink:
I love the contrast between the barren rocks and desert sand and the intense growth along the edge of the water.
The flesh plates at the boundary between the rocks and the sand worked surprisingly well too!

(Seriously Huge Investment Plate 8x8 trans-medium blue btw...? Or lucky enough to get them in a LUGbulk when they were in production?)

I do like that colour combination for desert scenes. :)

The printed bricks and tiles are from minecraft, and as for the 8x8 trans med blue plates, I crack-linked them years ago when they were around 70c each. Pretty sure 93% of AFOLs would love for LEGO to release that part in that colour again, or maybe in 4x6, 4x8, 2x4 too :)

Dr Rod

This looks awesome! I scrolled through your other pictures and there is so much details in it. that oasis is the eye catcher.

This is amazing and the detail is inspiring. I love the hill and the palm trees are fantastic. The oasis is also great and I am loving this castle :thumbup:

:wub::wub: Absolutely phenomenal work here, Dr. Rod! The colors used really make it pop, and I love the drastic change from dense vegetation along the banks to scarce bushes and sand farther away.
The castle itself is wonderful as well, with the excellent use of minecraft parts for decoration, and all the surrounding market stalls. :thumbup: