Still Raindrop

Modular MOC: Kahuka Lounge Tiki (Juice) Bar

The residents of Redbrick Springs may live in a mountain town thousands of miles away from the nearest ocean, but that doesn't mean that they can't enjoy all the midcentury modern fun of a tiki bar! Well, in this case, a tiki juice bar: the Kahuka Lounge. Here is the exterior:

JB0bC3N.jpg

KyoRoJr.jpg

Here are some interior shots. Note the Polynesian and ocean/island-inspired decorations all throughout:

l0rC2xQ.jpg

UDtLqGa.jpg

The bar:

8fEpwLK.jpg

Ice machine, blenders, juicer, fruit, and sink:

wNroVh8.jpg

More fruit, juices, and a cup-holding tiki:

MKa2Vik.jpg

The owner of the Kahuka Lounge is mysterious; some say he's impossibly old. However, if you know the right people, you can get an invitation to his rooftop hot tub.

sR2KL19.jpg

dGyjxbW.jpg

Edited by Still Raindrop
Added more pictures

A rather unique concept that was well executed.  Nicely done!  The hot tub on the roof is a nice touch.

Funny idea, and I like how you incorporated the classic Pirate stuff. Great idea and well made. Maybe a small homebar next to the private hot tub to increase the exclusitivity for the guests coming up there?

Nice idea, lots of details and great mix of parts. :thumbup:

It seems that Kahuka needs some waste bins at the back... to hold those spare "Squidward" parts, maybe? :laugh:

Looks good! I love the brick built shield and Kahuka mask. Very well done. I hadn't thought about incorporating that into a tiki juice bar before. Seems fitting.

And it is likely Kahuka owner is likely the oldest person in all of town ;)

Nice setup for a modular building. :thumbup:

I think it would be better if you make the flat roof a bit more sloping. 

Just an idea. I love the interior by the way, great job. :classic:

Thanks, everyone!

Maybe a small homebar next to the private hot tub to increase the exclusitivity for the guests coming up there?

Ooh, that's a good idea--I think I'll have to add one! Thank you!

I think it would be better if you make the flat roof a bit more sloping. 

I agree. I'm very happy with the sloping front part of the roof (I looked at several different midcentury modern tiki bars and found that kind of angled slope on many; I think I captured it pretty well), but I'm not really as happy with the rest of it. I think I'll continue to tweak it for a while.

Great build!! I love all the interior detail and decoration especially the brick built statues/totems!! My favourite bit though is the rooftop hot tub!!

Excellent stuff!!