BrickMonkeyMOCs

[MOC] Alakuneda Think Tank (Ghost in the Shell)

The ultimate version of this vehicle, fought by Major Motoko Kusanagi in the 1995 anime film Ghost in the Shell, is now and always will be Cole Blaq's magnificent creation. But what I wanted was something a little smaller that I could display alongside my copies of Chris Hoffman's Swordfish II (from Cowboy Bebop) and Hachiroku24's Kaneda's Bike (from Akira). So for this build I worked at microscale and initially produced a couple of prototype designs in LDraw.

33476841582_26b6384b0e.jpg

From here I chose to develop the right-hand model further, replacing the eyes and redesigning the rear shell/body section so that it would be connected to the turning head instead of the chassis. The end result is a model that I think adequately captures the look of the iconic Think Tank and includes a nice amount of articulation and pose-ability. The head and shell rotate around a central pivot, the legs are fully pose-able, the chin-mounted belt-fed cannons can tilt and swivel, shoulder-mounted guns are included, and the retractable manipulator arms serve to clasp a statuette-scale Major by the skull.

33789009090_d7a69a6eee_n.jpg34042880671_bfdee47871_n.jpg34133042856_30dfb1587a_n.jpg

If you'd like to make your own copy, free instructions are available from my website (click link in my signature below).

Edited by BrickMonkeyMOCs