LucasLaughing

Episode XV: Operation Eclipse

shadowsofeurobricks_titlecard.png

33759006210_6caed8ec42_b.jpg

33983258816_90fcfc1039_b.jpg

33638670680_26d247a189_o.png  ...and I shall be most displeased if he escapes.

av-erdbeereis.png Understood, my Lord.  General Brickdoctor, I never thought I'd say this, but order your troops not to engage rebel forces, if at all possible.

photo-thumb-11254.png And if the rebels fire first?

av-erdbeereis.pngI won't order your troops not to defend themselves, but if Skywalker is killed ... we'll have to answer to Vader himself.

edit1.jpg

edit2.jpg

33983259576_48bb10444f_b.jpg

av-stash2sixx.png Ma'am, we just got word that one of our Pathfinder units encountered Storm Commandos in the sewers.

av-monmothma.png How many casualties?

av-stash2sixx.png None - apparently the Commandos ignored them, killed a large group of Black Sun mercs, then moved on.

av-piranhayellow.png If the Imps want to make our jobs easier by taking out Black Sun troops, I don't see any reason to stop them.

av-monmothma.png I agree, but we must be cautious.  There may be some larger plot at work here...

34012592436_cd64b1bc64_c.jpg

33896239642_f507696502_t.jpg%C2%A0  Sir, we've lost contact with some of the guards on the lower levels.  And ... Vader's flagship just entered the system.

gallery_60910_289_9529.png They dare to strike at me here?  Kill them.  All of them.

blogicon.pngblogicon.pngblogicon.png

For our 15th SoNE Episode, we've invited members of other Eurobricks RPG's, as well as any other Eurobricks members who are interested, to build on behalf of Black Sun.  Regular SoNE players will build for their usual faction (Rebellion or Empire).  This will be a showdown with the Rebellion and Empire on one side, and Black Sun on the other.  

Update: the Black Sun sign-up thread is here.

Battling through Xizor's Palace

The battle for Xizor's Palace will take place in three different locations; entries MUST feature details that represent one specific location, and each faction must post at least one build in each location.

1. The Sewers
    1. Imperial and Rebel builders must show their sigfig sneaking through the sewers of Coruscant to infiltrate Xizor's palace
    2. Black Sun builders must show Black Sun gangsters protecting the entrance to the palace
  2. Xizor's Palace
    1. Rebel builders must show their sigfig fighting through the palace to rescue Leia
    2. Imperial builders must show their sigfig fighting through the palace to capture Xizor
    3. Black Sun builders must show Black Sun gangsters fighting off the intruders
  3. Xizor's Skyhook
    1. Builders must show a chaotic space battle as Imperial, Rebel, and Black Sun forces fight around the skyhook

At the end of the episode, factions will gain 1 Location Point (LP) for each entry in a specific location, with the exception of the highest scored entry in each location, which will receive 4 LPs.  The faction with the most LP's in a given location takes control of that location, and the faction that controls the most locations wins the episode.

• Example: At the end of the episode, 3 Rebel, 2 Imperial and 3 Black Sun builders have posted entries that take place in The Sewers.  That would give us the following:
    • Rebels: 3 LPs for The Sewers
    • Empire: 2 LPs for The Sewers
    • Black Sun: 3 LPs for The Sewers
    • When the builds are judged, one of the Black Sun builds earns more XP than any of the other builds which take place in The Sewers.  Therefore, the Black Sun entry is worth 4 LPs instead of 1.
    • That gives Black Sun 6 LPs for The Sewers, versus the 5 combined Empire/Rebel LPs, so Black Sun takes control of The Sewers.

If there is a tie, the second highest scoring entry in each location will earn an additional LP.

XP points will be earned independently from the points you score for your faction (you can score 1 LP for your team and still earn 9 XP at the end of the episode).

The Rules:

• Portray your character completing their mission in ONE of the three locations (Sewers, Palace or Skyhook).  The mission goals listed above are just suggestions, but your mission should make sense for your character's faction and role.
  • All entries must be posted as a new topic in the Nar Eurbrikka subforum, the title prefixed by, "[SoNE Ep. XV]" and the Location depicted (For example, "[SoNE Ep. XV] Sewers - Slumming It Home") The appropriateness, accuracy, and creativity involved in your interpretation of the identified location will weigh heavily in the points you are rewarded.
  • All rules in the Core Rules topic apply unless otherwise stated in this explanation or the rules above.
  • There are no restrictions on the size/form/content of the builds, as long as they follow the above described goals.
  • The Episode will run from April 20th to June 3rd. As long as it is still June 3rd somewhere in the world, you can still enter. 
  • Entries posted after the deadline will be disqualified from the episode and will not be eligible to receive points or XP.
  • Entries will be judged according to the Core Rules:
    • Your build will be scored in two stages, to make it easier on the judges by lessening the number of builds that must be scored in greater detail:
      • In the first stage, the judges will award a score from 1-10, with a '1' being "Minifig on a Plate", a '5' being "Your Average MOC" and a '10' being "Flawless Concept and Execution".
      • In the second stage, the top five builds of each faction from the first stage will be scored based on basic predetermined criteria: up to 10 points for the concept and appropriateness to the objective, up to 25 points for your execution of the build, and up to 5 points for your presentation of the entry.
      • If we don't have more than 10 players per team, only the top 3 entries will move on to the second round of judging. 
      • For builders who make it to the second stage, their second stage total is added to their first stage points, and that total is divided by two and a half. You can earn a maximum of 20 points in each episode.
    • The amount of points you earn is also the amount of XP your character earns.
  • This episode/contest is open to all players of Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka, even if they joined EB or signed up for the game after the episode has begun, with the exception of the Star Wars staff, who are not eligible to win XP or prizes; the EB admins and moderators, who are not eligible to win prizes but may earn XP; and the episode host, who is not eligible to win prizes but may earn XP.
  • All entries must be new creations, not posted anywhere else prior to being entered in the episode. You may be asked by a staff member to change your entry if it is too similar to an earlier creation.
  • All entries must be built from real LEGO or with Lego Digital Designer. No clone brands, no third-party custom parts.
  • Post pictures no larger than 1024x768, as specified in the EB Member Guidelines.
  • You may do a 'full-blown photo edit' with all the text, effects, background compositing, support erasing, and other effects on one picture. All your other pictures may have no editing other than color adjustment or background removal for a solid-color background. For obvious reasons, any photo editing that changes the shape, functionality, or color (not tint or adjustment, but actual color) of a LEGO piece is prohibited,.
  • All entries are considered WIPs (Works In Progress) until the deadline passes. Until the deadline has passed, you are allowed to change and improve your MOC.

The Prizes:

• All the players on the winning faction will receive this tag  33896782882_0e5856c831_o.png (actual tag subject to change) to commemorate their victory. You can only have one of these tags or one of the Community Build tags at a time, but a log will be kept of all the tags you've earned in your profile in the Player Index.
  • If Imperial and Rebel forces win, they will share control of Coruscant (for freebuilds), and each side may choose one unclaimed planet to seize from Black Sun.  If Black Sun wins, each faction will lose control of two randomly selected planets.
  • You will receive XP equal to the number of points you are awarded from the judges.
Edited by LucasLaughing

HYPE!! Let me find a way to fit my pre-made build in...

Btw, what is the Skyhook?

Edited by VaderFan2187

Hyped for this challenge also! I like how its incorporating other EB members; can't wait to see the turn-out.

29 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

I believe it is referring to the space Battle over Coruscant: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_over_Coruscant

Essentially, I think its participating in the space fight at the skyhook battle station (correct if I'm wrong though).

Fantastic! You keep outdoing yourselves with these episodes, it just keeps getting better and better! I am very excited for this, especially with inviting builders from all the rest of Eurobricks, what a great idea! This will be a blast!

1 hour ago, VaderFan2187 said:

It is a station in the orbit around Coruscant, something like a retreat. The Emperor had one, and Xizor had one as well, called the Falleen's Fist:

Falleens_Fist.png

Edited by Cody Startale

This is a great idea for an episode! Love the idea of bringing in other MOCers who we wouldn't normally build against.

4 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Wow, Xizor is an actual character? My knowledge needs to be improved...

He's part of the non-canon Expanded Universe. So he doesn't show up in any movies. But he is in the Shadows of the Empire video game and at least one book.

WOW ! Amazing episode with the last few levels from Shadow of the Empire, my childhood memory !

Hmmm... I like this one a lot. One question, given that I'm a pilot do I need to build in #3 the Skyhook battle? Now that I'm Dark Trooper I wasn't sure if that meant I could build in one of the other 2 or being a TIE pilot meant that I needed to build in #3.

10 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

8 hours ago, Cody Startale said:

It is a station in the orbit around Coruscant, something like a retreat. The Emperor had one, and Xizor had one as well, called the Falleen's Fist:

9 hours ago, Merc4Hire said:

I believe it is referring to the space Battle over Coruscant: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_over_Coruscant

Essentially, I think its participating in the space fight at the skyhook battle station (correct if I'm wrong though).

Yes, Cody and Merc4Hire are correct - the Skyhook is a fancy space station/battle station.  You can view videos of the space battle from the Shadows of the Empire  game to get an idea of what it looked like.

3 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

He's part of the non-canon Expanded Universe. So he doesn't show up in any movies. But he is in the Shadows of the Empire video game and at least one book.

Xizor (and the whole Shadows of the Empire story) will always be a part of my heart canon :classic:

47 minutes ago, Kodan Black said:

Hmmm... I like this one a lot. One question, given that I'm a pilot do I need to build in #3 the Skyhook battle? Now that I'm Dark Trooper I wasn't sure if that meant I could build in one of the other 2 or being a TIE pilot meant that I needed to build in #3.

You're free to build in whichever sector you want - pilots can build in the Sewers or Palace, and non-pilots could show their character in the interior of the skyhook, or as a passenger on a ship during the space battle.  Basically, if you can make it work with your story it's fine with us.

Wow, this was a great idea for this episode! I better start building then, and research Prince Xizor a little more. 

Excellent, can't wait to get started! :wub: 

I was invited to participate as a Black Sun member- do I need to sign up with a Black Sun sigfig or do I just post and build whenever as a non-member?

This is important if I choose to join one of the main factions after this episode is complete. :sweet: 

4 hours ago, mediumsnowman said:

Excellent, can't wait to get started! :wub: 

I was invited to participate as a Black Sun member- do I need to sign up with a Black Sun sigfig or do I just post and build whenever as a non-member?

This is important if I choose to join one of the main factions after this episode is complete. :sweet: 

You don't need to formally sign-up as a Black Sun member, though you are welcome to post the figure you'll be using! And we may need to start a PM thread for all the Black Sun players to coordinate their efforts.

1 hour ago, MKJoshA said:

You don't need to formally sign-up as a Black Sun member, though you are welcome to post the figure you'll be using! And we may need to start a PM thread for all the Black Sun players to coordinate their efforts.

Excellent, thank you. If I remember correctly, Lucas told me he was working on a Black Sun PM thread that should be up in the next few days. :sweet: 

Edited by mediumsnowman

2 hours ago, Evolved Turtle said:

Question; can we include a micro-scale model of the skyhook as well as a minifig-scale component?

@Evolved Turtle - yes, microscale builds are allowed.  

Also, you've almost got your signature right, but the image tag is still a little off; try this :

Edit - nevermind you got it - nice work :classic:

Edited by LucasLaughing

3 minutes ago, LucasLaughing said:

@Evolved Turtle - yes, microscale builds are allowed.  

Also, you've almost got your signature right, but the image tag is still a little off; try this :

The [/img] should go at the end of the long line of random numbers, and the opening tag is missing a bracket.  Where it say=http (etc), and then after the string of numbers, that's when you want ]

I've finally got it :wacko: Thank you! 

Another Black Sun member here.  So I need to make 3 total MOCs?  Sorry if this sounds stupid but I'm a newbie here, what does our faction need to "coordinate"?

No, no, just one moc will do. There are three locations available, but you chose only one of them to build on. :wink:

11 hours ago, INDYcec said:

Another Black Sun member here.  So I need to make 3 total MOCs?  Sorry if this sounds stupid but I'm a newbie here, what does our faction need to "coordinate"?

Hey INDYl, I've added you to the Black Sun PM.  Also, Cody is correct, you choose just one of the three locations for your MOC.

53 minutes ago, Evolved Turtle said:

If I'm not mistaken, this is the part in the EU where *SPOILERS* Prince Xizor dies, correct?

According to the EU lore, it is assumed that Xizor dies when his skyhook is destroyed.

1 minute ago, LucasLaughing said:

Hey INDYl, I've added you to the Black Sun PM.  Also, Cody is correct, you choose just one of the three locations for your MOC.

According to the EU lore, it is assumed that Xizor dies when his skyhook is destroyed.

Oh, right. I must've read Wookieepedia wrong :tongue: