Ryn

[SoNE Episode XIV Freebuild #1] - Assault on Sullust

[-Accessing Alliance to Restore the Republic Files……RYN-01……Complete-]

Lieutenant Ryn Shenuri was born on the planet Saleucami around the beginning of the Clone Wars.  His parents were an important Commerce Guild member, Yuno Shenuri, and an heiress to a ship building empire, Aisha Su. He didn’t lack for material possessions as a child, and was isolated from most other children. His father’s prominent position in the Commerce Guild and his highly anti-Republic stance made him many enemies in the Galactic Senate. He also managed to sway many a greedy senator to the Separatist cause with his promises of riches and fortune. A young Ryn was sheltered into believing in the Separatist cause and held a deep seated hatred for the Republic. His father and the majority of his material possessions were rapidly taken away from him at the end of the Clone Wars with the disbanding of the Commerce Guild with the development of a new Galactic Empire by Emperor Sheev Palpatine. The whereabouts of his father are currently unknown – he may still held in an Imperial detention facility, or more likely, was executed for treason against the Empire for his role in the Separatist movement. The Empire seized control of his mother’s ship building assets for their own gain, leaving Ryn penniless and mostly alone. A young adult Ryn began organizing anti-Imperial operations on Saleucami as revenge, ranging from simple graffiti and propaganda to sabotage and assassination. His actions caught the attention of the local Alliance to Restore the Republic cell, who got him to reluctantly join with a promise of additional resources and training. Although hesitant about the Alliance’s goals to restore the Republic, he seems to be committed to the cause and willing to fight the Empire at any cost.

Current Mission: Ryn Shenuri was sent to Sullust along with a small squad of Rebellion ground forces to extract intel on Imperial shipyards on Corellia, where fuel mined on Sullust was being sent. Instructions were to get in and strike fast to leave the Empire with little reaction time.

Assault on Sullust

[-Closing Alliance to Restore the Republic Files…..RYN-01……Complete]

Spoiler

Well, here is my first addition to Nar Eubrikka, with my character of Ryn. Additional photos can be found here at my Flickr account: https://www.flickr.com/photos/148512531@N02/ Constructive criticism is welcome! 

Ryn

Welcome to SoNE! Most excellent first freebuild :thumbup: Way to capture the Sullust look; I especially like the support beams and bridge. Great looking sig-fig also. 

I really like your back story - it seems well thought-out and plausible.  

Great build as well - my favorite part is the slightly rickety looking walkway supports.  The crystal/blaster effect on the stormtrooper's chest is a nice effect too.

My only feedback (since you asked for CC) would be to tweak the minifig poses a little more.  The rebel trooper on top of the walkway seems a bit too casual, for being in such a close quarters fight, and the way the stormtroopers blaster fell doesn't make much sense unless he was holding it by the barrel when he was hit.  Also, I'd turn the Rodian slightly so that it's facing the oncoming stormtrooper.  These are just minor things, though - this is an excellent build overall, and I'm glad you'll be building with us in SoNE!

13 hours ago, Merc4Hire said:

Welcome to SoNE! Most excellent first freebuild :thumbup: Way to capture the Sullust look; I especially like the support beams and bridge. Great looking sig-fig also. 

Thanks man! Glad you appreciate my first attempts at building stuff like this!

11 hours ago, Cody Startale said:

Very well done! Glad to have another talented builder on our team! :classic:

Thanks! I'm excited to be with other talented builders such as yourself!

3 hours ago, LucasLaughing said:

I really like your back story - it seems well thought-out and plausible.  

Great build as well - my favorite part is the slightly rickety looking walkway supports.  The crystal/blaster effect on the stormtrooper's chest is a nice effect too.

My only feedback (since you asked for CC) would be to tweak the minifig poses a little more.  The rebel trooper on top of the walkway seems a bit too casual, for being in such a close quarters fight, and the way the stormtroopers blaster fell doesn't make much sense unless he was holding it by the barrel when he was hit.  Also, I'd turn the Rodian slightly so that it's facing the oncoming stormtrooper.  These are just minor things, though - this is an excellent build overall, and I'm glad you'll be building with us in SoNE!

Thank you! I'm almost more proud of the backstory than the build itself. It's one that I have been planning and fleshing out for a few weeks now, when I realized I wanted to join Nar Eubrikka. And I'm glad you like the walkway! I almost didn't add it to the build, but then thought I needed more dimensions to it. And thanks for your feedback on the posing, that was probably the most difficult part of this build to figure out. I tried a lot of things that didn't really work, but next time I'll be sure to pose them better!