Sign in to follow this  
Silverbrick

REVIEW: The Batman Movie - Magazine 2/2017

lego_batman_2017-02_01.jpg
Theme: The Batman Movie
Year of Relase: 2017
Extras: Joker + postcards

Miracles happen recently in Lego. The magazines are getting more interesting foilpacks, and new series are getting their own numbers. Recently, the magazine got a series of DC, but the magazine sold out at the speed of light and I did not manage to get it. I was in winter vacations in Slovakia, so I could not get thiss magazine in my language, and when I came back it was too late. In this case it is completely different - I went to buy on the day of release and I was getting it. It will be rare in some time.

Book part of magazine is nice. Comics... chmm ... it has style! No wonder, DC it's mostly comics and TLG had to try. Defect? In newstand, there are better things about DC.

33963924352_1ef5f4dda7_b.jpg

As a small addition, we get four postcards Batman Movie. Pretty cool.

Foilpack

BAT211702-1.jpg?201704051019
Year of Relase: ]2017
Number:  211702
Number of Parts:  7
Title: Joker
Theme: The Batman Movie
Licensed: Yes

The opportunity to get this minifig so easily is a bargain for any fan of DC! I like the series Lego Superheroes but I usually do not buy them, most probably by the price. This case is a special offer for me.

The version of this character was in Lego a many. First in Lego Batman theme (2008) and Lego Batman game by TT Games.. Second version come to this world in the year 2013, when it came back to this topic in the series DC Super Heroes, and games Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes [b, and proquel: Lego Batman 3: Beyound Gotham. In the meantime, there was also a version from film Dark Knight, directed by Nolan.

This  version is known from the great,  cinematic, Lego film - The Batman Movie .

33989425621_70e1936588_b.jpg

Maybe it has its own strange characteristics but there is nice. Smiling face and menacing eyes - there is something psychopathic about it. And no wonder, because this character is really crazy.

Torso and legs have an extraordinary level. Three layers of clothing, and beautiful violet color. The effect of the tail-coat was achieved through a paper element, poorly visible on the foilpack, so I had a little surprise. In regular sets there is also a version with shorter clothing and other sleeves. But this is better in my opinion.

34119552175_33721a3459_b.jpg

Two-sided head - laughter on the other side. We also have a very interesting hair element, and two dynamite rods.

33734777050_c463bbff05_b.jpg

It is a pity that this is the last issue of this magazine...

Summary
Pros

+ Joker!
+ Amazing details
+ Beautiful color
+ Face and hairs
Cons
None

Thanks for the review. I picked this up in Holland yesterday.