Sign in to follow this  
jaapxaap

Lord Kiarr: The story of pride, power and purple (part 1)

Hey all!

I’ve wanted to start a personal story in GoH for a while now, and it finally is happening. I completed the second build of the start yesterday, and I hope there will follow a lot more…

The story is about my sigfig and in the first episodes I’ll be telling the story from his youth till now, as he reigns over Kyrrath, The city of purple. Afterwards there will be new stories, but I don’t have any clear ideas for that yet(as I first need to complete these builds :wink: )

It has been almost 5 years now, since that day.  that one day…
Now it should be over, it’s time for justice! It’s time for revenge! Whispers Kiarr to himself.

It all started peaceful. Kiarr and his twin brother Rignar grew up in a peaceful Mitgardian family. They were the only two children of their parents, and Kiarr was the oldest, as he was born a few minutes before his brother. But his parents favored his brother more than him, and that makes Kiarr angry. But as Kiarr was angry, it didn’t went that bad, as in their normal lives, there wasn’t a huge difference between Kiarr and Rignar. But that suddenly changed at their 10th birthday…

It was a cold but beautiful day. And what makes it even more beautiful, was the 10th birthday of the twin brothers Kiarr and Rignar. And in their family, when you reach the age of 10, it’s a special celebration as from that moment you will be counted as a man, and get training in fighting/hunting and other important things man have to do. And to celebrate it, the oldest boy of a family will get a special ‘family’ axe. This weapon has an enormous value for the family members and it shows who will be the heritor of the family.

That one day, everything started great. The whole family was ready for the celebration and was waiting for their uncle Wiglaf(sigfig of @[Claus von Nassau])  to bring the family axe, so the ceremony could start.

And around 10 o’clock they heard the sound of a horse walking around the house. That has to be Wiglaf! And Kiarr, Rignar and their mum ran outside to welcome their uncle:

26147205082_7cf46622e6_z.jpg

Wiglaf has arrived and the ceremony could start. But then the moment came that completely changed the life of Kiarr(and his family as well… ) as Wiglaf doesn’t give the Family-axe to Kiarr (as he was the oldest son) but he gives it to Rignar! And it wasn’t even a mistake, as his parents do notice it, but don’t stop Wiglaf from doing this! Instead of the family axe he deserved, now Kiarr gets a magic box. It’s also a nice present, but it just can’t be compared to a family axe(as that also means he won’t be the heritor of his family)…  And from that day on, Kiarr is looking for justice! Or he will be the most important son, or no one will!

It’s five years later, and it’s their birthday again. Kiarr has practiced with his magicbox every day for five years now. And now he knows he is strong enough to turn this day into a nightmare for his family!

It’s 10 o’clock. Like five years ago. But today his family is inside the house and he is outside.
Kiarr creates a small purple magic-ball, and let it grow bigger… And when it has enough power, Kiarr throws the ball to their house. The house shakes, and flames are everywhere in the house. Kiarr keeps looking at it until the flames are extinguished.

33964392441_a003596ce2_z.jpg

Then he leaves a purple sign at the floor of the house and flees..

33964392721_f69e5a4ddb_z.jpg

No one knows what has happened and what the purple sign means.. only Kiarr himself knows it, but he has fled to Nocturnus. But when Kyrrath rises, things will come clear for other people… But that does happen several years later after this day, and will come clear in future parts of the story of Kiarr….

So here you have it, my first part of the story of my sigfig, Lord Kiarr.. Hope you enjoy it!

Here are some more photos of the builds:

The backside of the house: (actually I built this one a year ago, and it’s also at the Mitgardian poster….)
25634893954_5d5325f6f0_z.jpg

The backside of the ruins:
33937526662_5650dc5b7b_z.jpg

And an overview photo so you can compare the 2 builds:
33937525702_f81c726b4b_z.jpg

I hope you enjoy this build and story, and I hope to continue the stoy anytime soon...

Jaap

Edited by jaapxaap

Great ruined version, you achieved the same angles very nicely - it's easy to tell that it's the same building!  As for the built house, it's just spectacular - fantastic texture and angles and the nooks and crannies are just awesome! :thumbup: 

I can only agree, fantastic work on both of these builds! This Kiarr is one twisted character; I wonder what other inconceivable deeds he has done! :wink:

I love the stone work on this :wub: and the details totally overwhelm me. Fantastic job changing it into a burnt building, this is one of the first burned houses I really really like :thumbup: The wood work as always is spot on.

Excellent job on both versions here, Jaapxaap, the stonework (not to mention the dark blue :wub:) on the first one is superb, as well as all the little details - like that boat usage!  Great work making the second one recognizable and ruined too! :thumbup:  Keep it up! :wink:

Great to finally see you're story getting started, and with such a great first chapter! I really love the Mitgardian house, the boats look awesome! :wub: I'm already looking forward to the next chapter!

On 18-4-2017 at 9:17 PM, Gunman said:

nice, organic build :wub:

Thanks!

On 18-4-2017 at 9:47 PM, Kai NRG said:

Great ruined version, you achieved the same angles very nicely - it's easy to tell that it's the same building!  As for the built house, it's just spectacular - fantastic texture and angles and the nooks and crannies are just awesome! :thumbup: 

Thaks man!

On 18-4-2017 at 10:05 PM, Exetrius said:

I can only agree, fantastic work on both of these builds! This Kiarr is one twisted character; I wonder what other inconceivable deeds he has done! :wink:

Hehe.. We'll see :wink:

On 18-4-2017 at 10:19 PM, The Maestro said:

I love the stone work on this :wub: and the details totally overwhelm me. Fantastic job changing it into a burnt building, this is one of the first burned houses I really really like :thumbup: The wood work as always is spot on.

I'm pretty happy with the look of the burnt house myself... I can't remember I've seen a grea burned house before, so that was the challenge for me... I'm glad you like it!

On 19-4-2017 at 0:37 AM, Garmadon said:

Excellent job on both versions here, Jaapxaap, the stonework (not to mention the dark blue :wub:) on the first one is superb, as well as all the little details - like that boat usage!  Great work making the second one recognizable and ruined too! :thumbup:  Keep it up! :wink:

Thanks man!

21 hours ago, TitusV said:

Great to finally see you're story getting started, and with such a great first chapter! I really love the Mitgardian house, the boats look awesome! :wub: I'm already looking forward to the next chapter!

Had ideas for it for 2 years now, and I'm glad I finally started :)

Tremendous burnt down effect :thumbup: Easy to see what building it used to be.

Interesting storyline as well :classic:

I love both builds, though I think I like the burned one even more, just because it is the more unusual. The burned effect was very well captured, with the varying thicknesses of the remaining rafters and other bits of charred timbers. My one complaint is that the chimney and other stonework of the burned build is smaller and lower than that of the whole version. I also wonder whether a smoother snow-scape would look better with your highly textured building style, to provide a better contrast between the two sections. It is just speculation, as it looks good now, too. 

Awesome job, Jaap! Really happy to see you starting a personal story - can't wait for more! ^^

On 24-4-2017 at 2:27 PM, soccerkid6 said:

Tremendous burnt down effect :thumbup: Easy to see what building it used to be.

Interesting storyline as well :classic:

Thanks a lot! I'm quite happy with the start with my story, and I think I can make it an interesting one as well :classic:

On 24-4-2017 at 9:32 PM, Henjin_Quilones said:

I love both builds, though I think I like the burned one even more, just because it is the more unusual. The burned effect was very well captured, with the varying thicknesses of the remaining rafters and other bits of charred timbers. My one complaint is that the chimney and other stonework of the burned build is smaller and lower than that of the whole version. I also wonder whether a smoother snow-scape would look better with your highly textured building style, to provide a better contrast between the two sections. It is just speculation, as it looks good now, too. 

Thanks a lot, about the difference in stonework between the two houses is that I wanted to make two connected builds, but also two that are seperately good mocs. They had to look similar, but I didn't want to exactly copy it. But for the story, it would've been a bit better if they were exactly similar. About snowscapes, I don't have too many white slopes and stuff, and definitely need to practise on it... I can definetely improve on that. Thanks a lot for your opinion!

On 25-4-2017 at 9:18 PM, en_zoo said:

Awesome job, Jaap! Really happy to see you starting a personal story - can't wait for more! ^^

Can't wait myself too :classic:

On 28-4-2017 at 9:10 PM, Blufiji said:

That ruined version came out very well sir. This was a good read as well..

Thanks, I'm glad you like it!

Definitely one of the best burnt-house builds I've seen, the different thickness of black parts used and crumbling walls are fantastic. :wub:
The snowscape looks good as well, I like the bits of clear in it :thumbup: